Warrior Tools WR67404B Review
Warrior Tools WR67404B
|(Rated: 4.4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Gas Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Reviews, Warrior Tools, Warrior Tools Snow Blowers,|
When winter really gets going, snow can start to pile up faster than you can clear it. This is especially true if you are trying to get the job done with only a shovel at your disposal. Clearing a big area with a snow shovel can take so long that before you are finished your fingers are frozen, you can’t feel your ears, and your back is in more pain than you ever thought it could be.
But with a great snow blower like the Warrior Tools WR67404B by your side, you can quickly and efficiently clear your driveway of snow, and all of those hassles will be a thing of the past. This snow blower offers everything you need to ensure that your driveway and sidewalks stay clear of snow all winter long. And since it does most of the work for you, you’ll come to almost start looking forward to the next storm.
A snow blower like the Warrior Tools WR67404B really has a lot to offer its owner. It is perfectly designed to be used on the average suburban driveway and sidewalks in any region that typically receives a moderate amount of snow fall during the average storm. It has the kind of high snow cut depth that you will come to count on when Old Man Winter sends a fairly heavy snow storm your way, and it will make short work of the average snow fall as well.
That is because the Warrior Tools WR67404B has the kind of extra wide clearance that can reduce the number of passes you will have to make to finish clearing your driveway. It is wide enough, in fact , that you can clear most walkways in just one pass, and your driveway should not need too many more than that. Because you will be finishing the job more quickly, you will be able to get back indoors and out of the cold sooner, which is important when it’s freezing out. The Warrior Tools WR67404B is a well designed machine that is perfect for suburban homeowners who have an average driveway to clear but who don’t want an overly bulky machine in their garage.
The Warrior Tools WR67404B is a gas powered single-stage snow blower with overall dimensions of 26 x 20 x 21.5 inches that weighs just 70.4 pounds. It has a four-cycle overhead valve engine with a displacement of 87 cubic centimeters. It starts with a recoil starter cord and has a manual push drive.
|Dimensions||26 x 20 x 21.5 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Warrior Tools|
|Engine||87 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||20 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||12 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 900 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 20 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
The Warrior Tools WR67404B has a clearance width of 20 inches and a snow cut depth of 12 inches, making it well equipped to deal with moderate snow fall quickly. It can clear up to 900 pounds of snow per minute, and throw that snow up to 20 feet away. Chute control is manual and can turn 180 degrees.
The Warrior Tools WR67404B is a snow blower that manages to pack a lot of snow clearing ability into a relatively compact and lightweight machine. While its overall dimensions make it a bit smaller than average for a single-stage gas powered snow blower, it nevertheless has an impressive clearance width and snow cut depth, and it can clear a fairly high volume of snow per minute as compared to similar snow blowers.
When you have an average suburban property to keep clear of snow, and you live in a region that typically gets a moderate to above average snow fall for the continental United States, it’s important to make sure you have the right sized snow blower for the job. You do not want to make the mistake of buying a snow blower that is too small to efficiently get the job done. But you also want to avoid purchasing a snow blower that is far too big and bulky to be worth all of the space it will be taking up in your garage.
That is where a single-stage snow blower like the Warrior Tools WR67404B comes in. It is compact and does not weigh so much that it will be difficult to maneuver or find storage space for it. But at the same time, it can clear the average walkway in just one pass and will be able to get most driveways clear in just four or five passes at the very most. And with a 12 inch snow cut depth, only the very worst winter blizzards are going to drop more snow than the Warrior Tools WR67404B can handle.
Beyond that, the Warrior Tools WR67404B is designed to be ergonomic and easy to use. It starts right up as soon as you give the recoil cord a solid pull, and it will help you avoid backaches and shoulder pain.
There are really a lot of outstanding features on the Warrior Tools WR67404B. It has the kind of clearance width and snow cut depth you want on a mid-sized single-stage snow blower, but at the same time it is compact and lightweight and does not produce so many emissions that you will be doing serious damage to the environment when you use it. Overall, this is an outstanding single-stage snow blower that will perform well under a variety of conditions.
- Fairly wide clearance : At 22 inches, the clearance width on the Warrior Tools WR67404B is wide enough that you will be able to finish snow clearing jobs very quickly and efficiently, even if you have a driveway that is on the longer or wider side. This clearance width is not only above average for a single-stage snow blower, it is also comparable with a lot of two-stage snow blowers as well. That means you are getting the kind of clearing ability you need.
- Solid snow cut depth : Even if you live in a region in which serious snow fall is not very common, you want to be sure you are prepared for whatever Old Man Winter might throw your way. You never know when that freak 100 year storm is brewing, and if you do not have a snow blower with adequate snow cut depth, you could soon find yourself snowed in. At 12 inches, the Warrior Tools WR67404B’s intake height is just right.
- Compact and lightweight : With a single-stage snow blower, you want a lot of snow clearing ability packed into a small footprint that is easy to maneuver around your yard. You also want to be sure you can find enough storage space for it in your garage easily. The Warrior Tools WR67404B has the kind of dimensions that ensure it won’t take up too much room, and because it only weights about seventy pounds, it will not be difficult to use.
- CARB compliant : This is a very important Pro. A lot of the time it can be very difficult to find gas powered snow blowers that are also compliant with California Air Resources Board emissions standards, which means users in that state as well as fourteen others are just out of luck. This is not the case with the Warrior Tools WR67404B – it produces few enough emissions that it is compliant with CARB regulations, and can be used anywhere.
- Ergonomic design : The Warrior Tools WR67404B has a great overall design: it is made so that a variety of users will find it very easy to use, and because its handle is ergonomic, you will not have to worry about back pain or shoulder strain from using it. The handle is also padded to reduce shocks from the machine’s vibrations, which themselves are actually pretty minimal. This machine is designed to be very easy and convenient to use.
These are the kind of great features you want on your snow blower. You want a machine that is reliable and can deal with lots of different weather conditions, but you also want it to be compact and easy to use. With the Warrior Tools WR67404B you get all of that and more. It has the kind of design that makes it very easy to use, and it remains a very capable single-stage snow blower.
Now, in spite of the fact that the Warrior Tools WR67404B comes equipped with so many excellent design notes and high quality features, there are a few areas in which it may seem to be a bit lacking. But if it is used as intended – for average suburban driveways in regions that do not get a ton of snow – then these Cons really should not present too much of a serious problem to the user. Let’s take a look.
- The auger and body are plastic : Plastic is not the end of the world when it comes to snow blower construction, but at the same time stamped or welded steel are of course going to be a lot more durable over the long term. On the other hand, if you do not intend to but the Warrior Tools WR67404B through too much abuse or use it in overly difficult conditions, the composite plastic of the auger and body should probably hold up fine.
- Rear wheels are a bit small : The rear wheels on the Warrior Tools WR67404B are quite small compared to what is available on a lot of other snow blowers. They are designed to help make this a compact machine overall, but it would be nice if they were even just a bit bigger. That’s because larger wheels can provide a lot more traction to the snow blower, which is important when you are using it on slippery, icy surfaces.
- Only throws snow 20 feet : Now, a twenty foot snow throwing ability is nothing to sneeze at, especially when you take into consideration the fact that the Warrior Tools WR67404B is able to throw snow that far at a rate of nine hundred pounds per minute. That is all very impressive. But an extra five or even ten feet of snow throwing capacity would really kick the machine up a notch. Of course, if you do not have an especially wide driveway, it should be fine.
- Manual push propulsion : It is not at all uncommon for a single-stage, small snow blower to have a manual push drive, but it is always a nice feature when snow blowers are self propelled. At the same time, the Warrior Tools WR67404B does weigh only about 70 pounds, which means it will not be too hard to push it around the driveway, whether it is on sloping or even terrain. Generally speaking I do not think this will be a big problem.
- Engine is rather small : The engine on the Warrior Tools WR67404B has a displacement of just 87 cubic centimeters. That makes it a bit below average for single-stage, gas powered snow blowers, which typically have engine displacements that are above 100 cc. This means that the snow blower may have minor issues with throwing wet, heavy snow the full 20 feet. But at the same time the smaller engine helps make this machine CARB compliant, which is just as important.
I tend to think that you will agree with me that these Cons are not the kind of serious problems that can plague lesser snow blowers. Overall, none of these issues present the kind of serious problems that will take away too much from the overall ability of the Warrior Tools WR67404B to take care of moderate snow fall quickly and efficiently. All things considered, this remains a solid snow blower in my opinion.
The best way to get a good picture of whether or not a particular snow blower is the best one for your needs, of course, is to do some serious comparison shopping. Once you know what kind of price range you are working in and what style of snow blower is right for you, the best way to narrow down your list is by comparing product specs for a few different snow blowers. Let’s take a look.
|Toro Power Clear|
|Dimensions||26 x 20 x 21.5 inches||22 x 29 x 23 inches||26.5 x 31.2 x 24.5 inches|
|Start||Recoil||Button push||Button push|
|Engine Manufacturer||Warrior Tools||Toro||Poulan Pro|
|Engine||87 cc – OHV||163cc – OHV||208 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||20 inches||21 inches||21 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||12 inches||13 inches||13 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 900 pounds||Up to 1100 pounds||Up to 1100 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 20 feet||Up to 35 feet||Up to 25 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 180°||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Weight||70.4 pounds||89 pounds||70 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Warrior Tools WR67404B has comparable snow clearance width and intake height to the other two snow blowers, and its snow clearance capacity is in the same range as well. But the Warrior Tools WR67404B is also a smaller, more compact snow blower than the other two, in spite of the fact that it is competitive in terms of performance and ability. It’s also slightly less expensive, so you are getting a similar package at a reduced price.
When you are shopping for a new snow blower, you want to make absolutely certain that the one you are choosing is the best one for your needs. This can be a tough process, and it is one that requires a lot of careful consideration. For the sake of being as thorough as possible, let’s take another look at those Pros and Cons lists.
- Fairly wide clearance.
- Solid snow cut depth.
- Compact and lightweight.
- CARB compliant.
- Ergonomic design.
The Warrior Tools WR67404B has all of the features you could want on a single-stage snow blower. Its clearance width is above average and competitive with those available on a lot of two-stage snow blowers, and it has an intake height that can deal with most snow storms. It’s also CARB compliant, which is a big plus, and has a compact footprint and ergonomic design.
- The auger and body are plastic.
- Rear wheels are a bit small.
- Only throws snow 20 feet.
- Manual push propulsion.
- Engine is rather small.
There are certainly areas in which the Warrior Tools WR67404B is not perfect, but I do not think that any of these issues is the kind of serious problem that is going to negatively affect the snow blower’s overall performance. In spite of these Cons, I think that the Warrior Tools WR67404B remains a very solid snow blower.
When you own property in the suburbs, you more than likely have a driveway that is long enough to warrant a snow blower that has the kind of gas powered engine that can deal with a large area, but you do not need the kind of hulking, giant two-stage snow blower that you would if you lived in a rural area. In cases like this, a mid-sized, single-stage snow blower like the Warrior Tools WR67404B can be just right for you.
That is because it combines the kind of clearance width and snow cut depth that you will need to take care of moderate snow fall on an average sized driveway, but is also equipped to deal with heavier storms as well. And it manages to offer all of this while boasting a compact, lightweight design that is easier to use and find storage space for. This is a great blower that is perfect for a lot of situations.
Part of what makes a snow blower like the Warrior Tools WR67404B so attractive is the fact that it is very affordable. Bigger snow blowers can be needlessly expensive, and if you are on the kind of tight budget that most consumers are in this economy – especially with the holidays occurring right in the middle of winter – you do not want to be spending a fortune on a snow blower. And with the Warrior Tools WR67404B you will not have to. Even though it has a snow clearing capacity that is above average for a single-stage snow blower, its price tag is well below average. This is a good snow blower at a great price.
Warrior Tools WR67404B