Poulan Pro PR621ES Review
Poulan Pro PR621ES
|(Rated: 3.9 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Gas Snow Blower Buying Guide, Poulan Pro, Poulan Pro Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Reviews,|
When winter gears up and starts getting really serious – not just cold and dark, but with lots of snow storms as well – you do not want to be caught unprepared. And the best way to prepare for winter, besides getting out your heavy snow clothes and winterizing your home, is to make sure you have the kind of serious snow blower in your garage that is ready for anything that might come your way.
You do not want a subpar snow blower that is not going to be able to take care of heavy snow storms. You want one that has a powerful engine and wide clearance so that you can deal with big areas quickly and efficiently. The Poulan Pro PR621ES is one of the best single stage snow blowers you can find: it has one of the biggest engines you can find in its class, and extra wide clearance and durable design.
The Poulan Pro PR621ES is the kind of tough little snow blower that is going to be able to stand up to a range of serious conditions without ever losing anything in terms of power or performance. With one of the biggest engines you can find on a single stage snow blower, it has all the power it needs to clear heavy snow, deal with densely packed, icy snow, and throw snow clear of even the widest driveways. The Poulan Pro PR621ES has everything you need to tackle big jobs more quickly than ever before, and it is built to hold up to tough conditions on the ground for many years.
With the Poulan Pro PR621ES, you won’t ever have to worry about winter weather again – at least in terms of keeping your own property clear of snow. You will be able to move up to 1100 pounds of snow with this machine per minute. That is the biggest capacity you can find on a single stage snow blower, and it means that there is no kind of snow that is too heavy or deep for the Poulan Pro PR621ES to take care of. This is a great single stage snow blower that is built to take care of tough conditions.
The Poulan Pro PR621ES is a gas powered single stage snow blower that has an overall footprint of 26.5 x 31.2 x 24.5 inches and weighs just 70 pounds. It has a 208 cubic centimeter, four cycle, overhead valve engine made in-house – it’s designed specifically for this snow blower.
|Dimensions||26.5 x 31.2 x 24.5 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Poulan Pro|
|Engine||208 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||21 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||13 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 1100 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
The big engine on the Poulan Pro PR621ES supports an auger with a 21 inch clearance width – one of the widest you can find on a single stage snow blower like this one. It has a 13 inch snow cut depth and can throw 1100 pounds of snow per minute up to 25 feet away. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
When you get the Poulan Pro PR621ES out of its box for the first time, you may be surprised by how compact and lightweight it is. In fact, the Poulan Pro PR621ES is small enough that you do not necessarily have to keep it in your garage: you may even be able to keep it on an enclosed back porch without it getting in the way or taking up too much room. The Poulan Pro PR621ES comes almost completely assembled, and you can easily finish putting it together with regular household tools in just a matter of minutes. Then all you have to do is gas it up and you are ready to start clearing snow.
Because the Poulan Pro PR621ES has one of the most powerful, biggest engines you can find on a single stage snow blower, you will be able to take care of wet, slushy snow just as easily as you can deal with light, powdery accumulations. And it has one of the widest clearances you can find on this class of snow blowers as well. That means that you will be able to get your driveway cleared in fewer passes and be back indoors where it is warm much more quickly.
The Poulan Pro PR621ES is built of extremely durable materials that are designed to hold up to a lot of wear and tear without showing any signs of it. This is a very tough little snow blower, and that means that once you buy it, it is going to last you for a very long time. You will not have to worry about repairs or replacing it for many years, no matter what kind of difficult conditions you will be using it to deal with. This is a snow blower that is built to last, and designed to provide reliable performance over the long term.
The Poulan Pro PR621ES has a wealth of very impressive features, and I think that after taking a look at them you will agree that this is one of the best gas powered single stage snow blowers on the market today. With the biggest engine you can find on a single stage snow blower, the Poulan Pro PR621ES can support a much wider clearance. It’s built of very solid materials that allow it to have a longer life and perform well for many years.
- Largest engine in its class : The Poulan Pro PR621ES has an engine with 208 cubic centimeters of cylinder displacement, which makes it the largest one you can find on a single stage snow blower today. It produces nine pounds per foot of torque, which is very impressive for a snow blower of this size, and it means that it will be better equipped to deal with tough conditions on the ground. It can handle wet snow and densely packed snow easily as well.
- Durably constructed : The Poulan Pro PR621ES is designed to deal with anything winter could bring your way. Because of that, its frame is made out of fully welded steel, and E-dip painted to protect it from rust. The auger housing is also made of steel, with ball bearing supports and fiber reinforced rubber blades for better propulsion. It also has a high density composite snow chute and body panels that are designed to resist impacts from dings or dents.
- Clears snow without damaging the driveway : In order to maximize snow intake, the Poulan Pro PR621ES has a 21 inch clearance width in addition to a composite scraper bar. The scraper bar helps it to clear snow all the way down to the surface of the driveway, so you won’t leave a thin layer of snow behind – which is a common problem on single stage snow blowers. The composite bar is also designed to prevent any damage to the surface of your driveway.
- Has an extra wide intake : The 21 inch wide intake on the Poulan Pro PR621ES is particularly impressive. It is well above average for a single stage snow blower, and it means that you will be able to clear your driveway in fewer passes. With the Poulan Pro PR621ES, you can clear a path in just one pass. That allows you to finish the job in less time, which is very important when temperatures are dropping fast and frostbite is a serious concern.
- Small footprint : In spite of the fact that the Poulan Pro PR621ES boasts the biggest engine for a snow blower in its class as well as one of the widest clearances you can find on a single stage snow blower, it is not all that big. Bulky, heavy duty snow blowers can be difficult to operate and find enough storage space for, but on the Poulan Pro PR621ES this just is not a problem that you will have to deal with.
As you can see, there is a lot to like on the Poulan Pro PR621ES. This is the kind of single stage snow blower that will help you clear your driveway and sidewalks more quickly than ever before, and it will leave it clear all the way down to the surface of the ground. This is a snow blower that is built to last for many years while providing you the kind of reliable performance you need.
After looking at all of those great Pros, it may come as a bit of a surprise that the Poulan Pro PR621ES does have a few areas that could stand to see a bit of improvement. The Poulan Pro PR621ES is not perfect, but it is still a pretty great snow blower, and while it has some issues it remains an outstanding machine that will get big jobs done more quickly than other snow blower can. Let’s take a look.
- Snow cut depth is not very high : The snow cut depth on the Poulan Pro PR621ES is just 13 inches high. While this is more than enough to deal with the vast majority of snow storms, every once in a while you may experience a serious blizzard that drops more than a foot of snow on the ground. When that is the case, you may have to clear your driveway more than once: otherwise the Poulan Pro PR621ES may get bogged down or have trouble clearing snow.
- Kicks some snow out the back : When you are operating the Poulan Pro PR621ES – especially if you are clearing very light, powdery snow – you may find that it kicks a bit of snow out the back. This can be frustrating, especially since you want to clear snow all the way down to the surface of the ground, leaving none behind. If it does happen, though, all you have to do is go over that spot a second time, and it should be fine.
- Is not CARB compliant : In spite of the fact that it is a single stage snow blower, the engine on the Poulan Pro PR621ES is big, has a large displacement, and produces a fairly high volume of emissions. That is not really a problem, unless you live in any one of the 14 states that enforce the California Air Resources Board’s standards on small engine emissions. The real shame here is simply that those readers won’t have a chance to use the Poulan Pro PR621ES.
- Can be hard to push : Because the Poulan Pro PR621ES does not have any rear wheel propulsion system, and the auger alone is responsible for helping to pull it forward, it can be a bit difficult to get it moving at first. And if you are operating it on a long, sloping driveway or sidewalk, you do really have to throw your back into it to get the Poulan Pro PR621ES up and down it. So be prepared to put some work in when you use the Poulan Pro PR621ES.
- May slip on ice : Because it has fairly small rear wheels that are made of composite materials, and do not have deeply treaded tires, the Poulan Pro PR621ES does run the risk of losing traction and slipping if you hit a patch of ice. This should not be too much of a problem, since you can quickly correct the direction of the snow blower, but it would be nice if you did not have to worry about this issue at all.
As you can see, while there is certainly a bit of room for improvement on the Poulan Pro PR621ES, in general it does not have any of the kind of problems that affect its performance or snow clearing capability in the slightest. Overall, this remains an outstanding snow blower that is going to be able to deal with tough conditions without having any real issues. It can clear up to 1100 pounds of snow per minute – and it will last for many years.
Of course, while you can learn a lot about a given snow blower by looking at its Pros and Cons, the best way to determine whether it is really the best one in its class is by doing a bit of comparison shopping. This can tell you how it stacks up when compared to the competition, and whether it really is the best snow blower for the money. Let’s take a look at two similar models.
|Dimensions||26.5 x 31.2 x 24.5 inches||22 x 36 x 22 inches||31.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Engine Manufacturer||Poulan Pro||Briggs & Stratton||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||208 cc – OHV||205 cc – OHV||190 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||21 inches||22 inches||21 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||13 inches||12.5 inches||10 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 1100 pounds||Up to 1100 pounds||Up to 900 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet||Up to 30 feet||Up to 30 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 200°||Manual 200°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Weight||70 pounds||104.7 pounds||97 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Poulan Pro PR621ES has the biggest engine of the three snow blowers, which allows it to have one of the highest per-minute clearance capacities you can find on a single stage model. The Poulan Pro PR621ES also has the highest snow cut depth of the three machines, and one of the best clearance widths for its class. But it is also the smallest and weighs the least of the three models, which will make it easier to use.
Before you make your final decision on whether or not the Poulan Pro PR621ES is actually the best snow blower for your needs, it’s important to make sure you are completely certain. With that in mind, let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons lists, just to be absolutely sure.
- Largest engine in its class.
- Durably constructed.
- Clears snow without damaging the driveway.
- Has an extra wide intake.
- Small footprint.
With the biggest engine you can find on a single stage snow blower, the Poulan Pro PR621ES is ready for anything winter might bring your way. It is built to last, and can clear a wide swath without hurting the finish on your driveway. Plus, it is compact and lightweight. It’s a great snow blower.
- Snow cut depth is not very high.
- Kicks some snow out the back.
- Is not CARB compliant.
- Can be hard to push.
- May slip on ice.
The few issues that the Poulan Pro PR621ES does have are not the kind of serious problems that are going to affect its overall performance in any meaningful way. This is still a very good snow blower that will be able to clear a lot of snow really fast. Overall, I don’t think any of these issues take away from its great Pros one bit.
The Poulan Pro PR621ES is the kind of outstanding single stage snow blower that will help you keep your driveway and sidewalks clear of heavy accumulations of snow all winter long. This is a snow blower that is built to perform well even under the toughest conditions – and that means it will be able to keep clearing up to 1100 pounds of snow per minute no matter what. Wet snow, densely packed snow, and even icy snow are no problem for this little snow blower.
That’s because the Poulan Pro PR621ES has the biggest engine you can find on a single stage snow blower, so it won’t get bogged down by slushy snow or deep drifts. The Poulan Pro PR621ES is built from solid materials that are meant to hold up over the long term, and you will be able to use it frequently for many years to come without it needing repairs. This is a great single stage snow blower.
One of the best features of the Poulan Pro PR621ES is its price. This is a very competitively priced snow blower that just about anyone should be able to fit into their household budget. But in spite of the fact that it is a bargain, the Poulan Pro PR621ES is not cheaply made. It remains a very durable, high performance snow blower that has everything you need to take care of serious snow fall year after year. As anyone knows, it is hard to find quality that is affordable these days. But with the Poulan Pro PR621ES you are getting an excellent snow blower at a great price.
Poulan Pro PR621ES