AR Blue Clean AR142P Review
AR Blue Clean AR142P
|(Rated: 3.8 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: AR Blue Clean, AR Blue Clean Pressure Washers, Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
Keeping a home looking its best can be more work than most people know. Not only is there snow to shovel in the winter and the lawn and garden to look after during the other three seasons, but plenty of other chores to do as well – and most of them involve cleaning. There are windows and siding to wash, as well as masonry and wooden decks. You have sidewalks and driveways to keep clean, and we haven’t even gotten to the yard yet, where the grill, lawn furniture, and a number of other things need a periodic cleaning. It is a lot of work that can take away your whole weekend before you even know it – but that does not have to be the case. With an electric pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR142P, you can cut the amount of time you spend on most of these tasks in half.
The AR Blue Clean AR142P is an electric pressure washer with lots of cleaning power and a number of other excellent advantages. Unlike a gas powered residential pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean AR142P is never going to need an oil change or tune-up, and you will not have to keep smelly gas cans in your garage or deal with fumes when you are trying to use it in an enclosed space. In addition to that, the AR Blue Clean AR142P will never produce a single carbon emission at the point of use, so you can get plenty of cleaning power without increasing your household’s overall carbon footprint at all.
The AR Blue Clean AR142P has a unique pump design that most other electric residential pressure washers do not have, and because of that it is able to pack a lot of cleaning power into a surprisingly small and lightweight package. That makes it a lot easier to take with you to the top of a ladder for those hard to reach jobs. And the AR Blue Clean AR142P is very easy to use, too – its adjustable jet foam dispensing spray gun is designed to ensure you can get the perfect pressure spray for any job without having to stop what you’re doing.
The AR Blue Clean AR142P is an electric residential pressure washer that weighs just 24 pounds and has a total footprint of 25.5 x 10.2 x 10 inches. It is driven by a 120 volt, 60 Hertz induction motor. The AR Blue Clean AR142P has a 3 axial-piston wobble plate pump, which provides plenty of pressure for big jobs.
|Dimensions||25.5 x 10.2 x 10|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz (induction)|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Foam dispenser|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
Because of the unique design the pump on the AR Blue Clean AR142P has, it can provide a maximum pressure of 1600 pounds per square inch with a flow rate of nearly 1.6 gallons per minute. The AR Blue Clean AR142P has an ergonomically designed spray gun with an adjustable jet and foam dispenser. Its power cord is 35 feet long and its hose is 20 feet long and made of PVC plastic. It has a one year warranty.
When you first get the AR Blue Clean AR142P out of its box, you are probably going to be a bit surprised by how light and small it is. It is one of the smaller pressure washers in its class, but don’t let that give you the impression that it is not packing a lot of serious cleaning power. The AR Blue Clean AR142P has a unique design on its pump; instead of the typical axial cam pump, the AR Blue Clean AR142P has a 3 axial-piston wobble plate pump, which is able to provide more pressure without taking up as much space as other designs do. Because of that, you will get an above average pressure and solid flow rate, which combine to give the AR Blue Clean AR142P a rather high overall cleaning power rating.
Along with that high cleaning power rating, the AR Blue Clean AR142P is equipped with a spray gun that is easy to adjust from one pressure to the next: you do not have to swap out nozzles, but can change the pressure while you are working. This, combined with the fact that it is so light, means you can take the AR Blue Clean AR142P to the top of a ladder and work without having to stop or come back down to change the pressure. And because it has a foam dispenser, you can clean tough stains fast.
Best of all, because the AR Blue Clean AR142P is an electric pressure washer, you will never have to deal with any of the hassles that gas powered models present. The AR Blue Clean AR142P needs no assembly when it arrives, and you do not have to have gas or oil on hand: simply plug it in, attach the intake hose and you are ready to start cleaning your property. You can use it indoors or outside without worry about exhaust or fumes. And with the AR Blue Clean AR142P, you can take care of the biggest jobs easily.
There are certain advantages the AR Blue Clean AR142P offers that you just can’t find on a lot of similar pressure washers. Along with the benefits that come with owning an electric pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean AR142P has a uniquely designed pump that allows it to provide higher pressure sprays without taking up as much space as other models do. It’s easy to use and take with you just about anywhere. Here are its top five features.
- Zero emissions : One of the best things about getting an electric pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR142P is the fact that unlike a gas powered model, it will never produce any carbon emissions, ever. That means two things: one, you don’t have to worry about CARB compliance when you are buying it. And two, you can get all the cleaning power and convenience of a high-powered pressure washer without increasing your household’s carbon footprint one bit.
- Compact and lightweight : The AR Blue Clean AR142P weighs less than 25 pounds and it has a footprint that is less than a foot square, and it is less than two feet tall. The fact that it is lightweight means you can bring it with you if you have to work from the top of a tall ladder or lift it up to a high shelf for storage. And because it is so small, you can find enough storage space for it pretty much anywhere.
- 3 axial wobble plate pump : Most pressure washers these days have an axial cam pump, which is a perfectly fine design that provides plenty of pressure to the water spray. But the AR Blue Clean AR142P has an axial pump with a wobble plate design, which allows it to provide comparable pressure to models with an axial cam pump in a smaller space. That way, you get all of the pressure you need in a compact overall design.
- Adjustable jet foam dispenser : The common design for different pressure settings on most residential pressure washers is a set of nozzles that you have to swap out when you want to change from one pressure to the next. On the AR Blue Clean AR142P you can adjust the spray without having to swap out anything, which means you can switch from one pressure to the next without stopping. And, with a foam dispenser, you get a cleaner finish than if you were using regular soap.
- Extra long power cord and hose : The power cord on the AR Blue Clean AR142P is 35 feet long, which gives you a greater range of motion around the central outlet and even allows you to carry the pressure washer with you when you are climbing a ladder or working your way around the house or garage. That range of motion is nearly doubled by the length of the hose, which at twenty feet gives you even more room to work with.
As you can see, the makers of the AR Blue Clean AR142P thought of just about everything. In the areas where it really counts, this pressure washer is very well designed and has all of the features you need to get big jobs done fast. You will enjoy a lot of cleaning power in a machine that is so lightweight and compact that it could almost be considered a hand carry pressure washer. The AR Blue Clean AR142P is a great pressure washer.
Of course, even though the AR Blue Clean AR142P has a great design and provides a lot of convenience to its owner, it is not quite perfect – but then again, what pressure washer really is? I have yet to see one that did not have at least a few drawbacks. Fortunately, the few flaws the AR Blue Clean AR142P does have are fairly minor problems, and none of them really affect its overall performance or cleaning ability too much.
- PSI could be higher : At 1600 pounds per square inch, the max pressure on the AR Blue Clean AR142P is slightly above average for a pressure washer in its class, and it has plenty of power to take on the vast majority of jobs you will have around the house. But it would have been nice if there were just a few hundred more PSI available. That would kick its total cleaning power rating up a few notches and make it a truly superior electric pressure washer.
- Not very durable : Like most electric residential pressure washers, most parts on the AR Blue Clean AR142P are made of composite plastic, which is durable enough in its own right. But unlike residential pressure washers that have steel frames and bodies, those designed with plastic parts are susceptible to breaking or cracking if you accidentally knock them over or drop them. This should not be a huge problem, especially if you are careful, but the risk is still there.
- PVC plastic hose : PVC plastic is the most common material used for hoses on pressure washers, primarily because it is durable enough to contain a high pressure spray without developing cracks or microscopic leaks along its seams. But the drawback to this material is that it is rather stiff, which means it will be difficult to stretch it out to its full length of twenty feet. These hoses tend to coil up on themselves if you set them down, which can be annoying.
- Plastic connector fittings : It is unfortunately fairly common to find plastic connector fittings on more inexpensive residential pressure washers like the AR Blue Clean AR142P. While they will be fine for a few years, inevitably the seams will get worn down by a metal hose’s threading and start to leak. You can avoid this by simply replacing the plastic connector with a brass one, which is a fairly cheap part. Still, it would be nice to not have to do this.
- One year warranty only : It seems that warranties that only last one year are getting more and more common on residential pressure washers, which is a shame. I think that you should get the peace of mind of having a warranty that is at least two years, especially when the machine is made mostly with plastic parts and fittings. Still, the AR Blue Clean AR142P should have no problems for a very long time, so this should not be much of a problem.
While a higher PSI and brass connector fittings would really bring the AR Blue Clean AR142P a lot closer to being a perfect pressure washer, overall I do not think that any of the issues I could find with it were all that serious. Overall, the AR Blue Clean AR142P still has a fairly high amount of power packed into a very light and compact package, and it provides plenty of cleaning ability for a great price.
While you can always learn a lot about a particular pressure washer by looking at its individual Pros and Cons, every savvy shopper knows that the best way to find out whether it is the right model for your needs is by doing some comparison shopping. That way, you can get a better idea of what the market has to offer as well as see if it is actually better than other models like it.
|AR Blue Clean|
|Dimensions||25.5 x 10.2 x 10||12x13x34||21.8 x 19.1 x 12.8|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz |
|120 V / 60 Hz |
|120 V / 60 Hz |
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Weight||24 pounds||27 pounds||28.9 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, the AR Blue Clean AR142P is the only one of the three models with a 3-axial piston wobble plate pump, and because of that it has a solid cleaning power rating even though it is the lightest and smallest. This is the kind of superior design that you want in your pressure washer – and it is a good sign for the overall build of the machine. While the AR Blue Clean AR142P doesn’t have the highest PSI, 1600 should be plenty to get most jobs done easily.
Now that you have seen how the AR Blue Clean AR142P stacks up to similar pressure washers in its class, what do you think? If you are like me, you will be pretty impressed. But before you make your final decision about it, let’s take one more look at those Pros and Cons lists, just to be sure.
- Zero emissions.
- Compact and lightweight.
- 3 axial wobble plate pump.
- Adjustable jet foam dispenser.
- Extra long power cord and hose.
The AR Blue Clean AR142P never produces any carbon emissions, and it is one of the more compact and lightweight pressure washers in its class. But because it has a unique pump design, it is able to produce a solid cleaning power rating. That an its adjustable jet foam dispenser will help you tackle big jobs fast.
- PSI could be higher.
- Not very durable.
- PVC plastic hose.
- Plastic connector fittings.
- One year warranty only.
It would be great if the PSI was a few hundred units higher, since it would kick the overall cleaning power up a notch or two. And I would prefer to see brass connector fittings. But other than that, the AR Blue Clean AR142P does not have any real issues, and those two are not particularly major concerns.
An electric pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR142P is the perfect balance between environmental responsibility and solid cleaning power. With this pressure washer, you are getting a lot of cleaning ability packed into a machine that is very lightweight and compact, which means you will be able to take it anywhere and find storage space for it in the most tightly packed tool shed. Because the AR Blue Clean AR142P has a 3 axial-piston wobble pump, you are getting an above average PSI and flow rate in one of the smallest pressure washers you can find. And because it has an adjustable spray jet instead of using multiple nozzles to produce variable pressures, the AR Blue Clean AR142P is much easier to use. You can switch pressures right in the middle of a cleaning job if one is too high or low, without even stopping. Along with the foam dispenser, the AR Blue Clean AR142P has a max pressure that can blast away the toughest stains.
Best of all, the AR Blue Clean AR142P is an extremely affordable pressure washer. A lot of similar models have prices that are far too high to even be considered reasonable, considering what they have to offer. The AR Blue Clean AR142P has plenty to offer – solid PSI and flow rate, adjustable jet spray gun, and unique pump design – but its price tag is not asking for much. That means you will be able to get all of the cleaning power you need for lots of different jobs around the house without having to spend too much money to get it. The AR Blue Clean AR142P is a great pressure washer at a great price.
AR Blue Clean AR142P