Black & Decker 11BDE-210S Review
Black & Decker 11BDE-210S
|(Rated: 4.3 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Black & Decker, Black & Decker Pressure Washers, Electric Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
There is nothing better than making short work of big chores – and when you own your own home, there seems to be almost no end of the different big chores you have to take care of. And plenty of those chores involve cleaning, both inside and outside of the house. It doesn’t matter if we are talking about big jobs like washing vinyl siding and windows, cleaning out cutters and washing the deck, or just cleaning the grill or lawn furniture. If you are doing any of these by hand with just a bucket and a hose, you are going to spend an hour or more finishing them. But with an electric pressure washer like the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S, you can finish all of these jobs – and many more – in less time and without nearly as much labor on your part. Plus, you don’t have to deal with filling the gas tank or wind up smelling like fumes when you use an electric model like the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S.
The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is made by a company that has a great reputation for high quality power tools and appliances – so right off the bat, you know that this will be a power washer that is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition. And it is. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is packed with the kind of innovative technology you would expect to see from its manufacturer: with features like a Powerboost at the tip of the spray gun and 3 in 1 vario nozzle technology, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has lots of great features that can help make your job a lot easier.
Then there is the fact that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has a max PSI that is much higher than the average residential electric pressure washer, along with a comparably high flow rate. That means you are going to be getting the kind of extreme cleaning power that you depend on to deal with big, tough jobs fast. With the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S, there is no stain too difficult to remove in just minutes at the highest setting, and with the convenient soap dispenser you can deal with non-water soluble stains as well. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has everything you need to keep your property looking its best.
The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is an electric residential pressure washer that weighs 28.2 pounds and has a footprint of 14 x 11.5 x 27 inches. It has a 120 volt / 60 Hertz motor that delivers enough power to drive the direct-drive axial pump to deliver a max PSI of 1700 and flow rate of 1.7 gallons per minute.
|Dimensions||14 x 11.5 x 27|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Dirt blaster|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 23-foot|
The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has a power rating of 2380 and delivers a cold water spray through its ergonomically designed pro-style spray gun. The spray gun has an adjustable jet Dirt Blaster and attaches to a 23 foot PVC/plastic hose. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has a power cord that is 35 feet long. It comes with a one year warranty.
When you first get the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S out of its box, it will only take a few minutes to put the final touches on assembling it, and you can get that done with ordinary household tools. As with any product made by Black & Decker, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S comes with clear, easy to read instructions that will help you finish getting it put together quickly and easily. The manual also explains the unique features the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has, like the Powerboost spray gun and 3 in 1 vario nozzle. Then, all there is left to do is plug it into the nearest outlet, hook up an irrigation source, and you are ready to start blasting dirt and grime off of the nearest surface. Before you know it, your house will be sparkling clean.
The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is a bit bigger and heavier than most pressure washers in its class, and that is in part due to the fact that its powerful motor and robust, maintenance free direct-drive axial pump are designed to deliver a spray with a higher cleaning power rating than other pressure washers can. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S provides a max pressure that is well above average for its class, and frankly rather comparable to what a lot of gas powered pressure washers can provide.
But unlike gas powered pressure washers, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S will never need a drop of gas or oil to run; it won’t ever need any engine maintenance to keep it working smoothly; and it will never produce a single carbon emission. Whether you are particularly concerned about your environmental impact or not, all of that is good news. It means that you will be able to use the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S in enclosed spaces as well as outdoors without having to worry about fumes. There is nowhere that you can’t take the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S, so you will be able to clean your bathrooms and tile floors with it as well as wash your decks and sidewalks.
Like any great product from Black & Decker, this pressure washer is packed with outstanding features that really put it into a class all by itself. It has innovative technology designed to make your job easier and more convenient. It has a solid cleaning power rating for taking care of tough jobs fast. It’s well built and provides everything you need to take on the biggest cleanup jobs around the house.
- PowerBoost technology for more power : The PowerBoost technology makes the pressure at the nozzle of the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S the strongest on the market for electric washers. That means that you get a higher pressure for blasting away tough stains quickly. And when you are cleaning your deck or other porous surfaces, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has enough power at the nozzle to finish the job faster than you could with just about any other residential pressure washer.
- Great cleaning power rating : In part because it has a direct-drive axial pump, and in part thanks to the PowerBoost technology that provides more PSI at the nozzle, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has a very solid cleaning power rating. In fact, at more than 2200 units, the cleaning power rating on the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is one of the highest you can find on an electric pressure washer today. That means you will be able to deal with a wider range of tough jobs with the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S more easily.
- Zero emissions, ever : Best of all, you are getting all of that cleaning power and high performance without having to rely on a gas powered engine to do so. That means that you will never produce a single emission at the point of use – which will help to reduce your household’s overall carbon footprint every time you use it. It is not often that you can get solid power and still be environmentally responsible – but with the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S that is standard.
- 3 in 1 vario nozzle system : The other piece of unique tech that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has is its 3 in 1 vario nozzle system. This design allows the user to quickly click in the nozzle that they need for a particular pressure setting, and easily click it out if a different pressure is needed. No more dealing with trying to unscrew a stuck nozzle. You barely have to stop your work to switch from one pressure to the next with the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S.
- Supported by a solid reputation : One of the great features about the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S that most other pressure washers do not have is the fact that is backed up by a company with one of the best reputations for making innovative, high quality power tools and appliances. With the Black & Decker name on this pressure washer, you know that you are getting a product that will provide all of the cleaning power you need for many years to come.
A solid reputation like Black & Decker products have is invaluable, but that is not all you get with this pressure washer. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S really lives up to the standards you would expect from that company: it has innovative technology to help make your job that much easier, a great cleaning power rating and a design that is sleek and efficient. In every area where it counts, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S definitely delivers.
In spite of the fact that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is made by one of the best companies in the business, there are a few minor drawbacks that I did find on it. Now, I do not think that any of these really take away from all of the great Pros it has to offer, such as the PowerBoost technology and high cleaning power rating, or the fact that it never produces any emissions. But I do think they are important to go over, just so you know exactly what you are getting with this pressure washer.
- Not the lightest model : At just over 28 pounds, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is a bit heavier than other electric pressure washers in its grade. This is not really a problem, but be aware if you are going to be lifting it a lot that it is not the lightest model on the market. All that means is that you will have to make a bit more of an effort to carry it up a ladder or place it on a high shelf – but that is not a huge issue.
- Could be more durable : Like most electric pressure washers in its class, most of the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is made of composite plastic. This is not a bad thing – composite materials are fairly impact resistant, and rarely break or crack. Still, a steel body or at least a metal frame would help make the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S a more durable pressure washer, which would certainly be a good thing. Even so, I don’t expect that this will be much of a serious issue.
- Only a one year warranty : From a company like Black & Decker, you would not be wrong to expect a longer warranty than just one year – especially since they do provide that for a lot of their other products. While this is a bit of an annoyance, I should admit that I do not think it will be a major problem. With its reputation for high quality power tools and appliances, you will not need to worry about anything this company makes breaking down on you.
- Connectors are plastic : I was surprised to see that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S had plastic connectors – while this is common on plenty of residential electric pressure washers, I did not expect it from a company with such a solid reputation. The problem with plastic connectors is that the threads will eventually get worn down and start to develop leaks, which has obvious issues. You can avoid this by swapping them out for brass fittings.
- It’s a bit top heavy : This is another common problem with residential pressure washers. Because of their upright design, they do tend to be a bit top heavy. While that is not a major problem, the fact that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is made of plastic means you do not want to accidentally knock it over too often, or you may have problems. Avoid this by being careful to watch where you are going with the hose, or else prop it up with cinder blocks or other heavy objects.
I think that you will probably agree that these Cons are not the kind of real problems that other pressure washers tend to have, and overall they will not have a major effect on the overall ability of the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S to deliver reliable cleaning power for many years to come. Overall this remains a very solid pressure washer with a high cleaning power rating, a great company behind it, and outstanding features.
When you are shopping for a new pressure washer, you want to know how it stacks up against similar models before you make up your mind about whether it is the best one for you. That is the best way to make sure you are getting the right model for your needs, and it is a good way to make sure you are getting the most for your money. Let’s take a look at the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S and two similar models.
|Black & Decker|
|AR Blue Clean|
|AR Blue Clean|
|Dimensions||14 x 11.5 x 27||25.5 x 10.2 x 10||9.5 x 10.5 x 19|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz||120 V / 60 Hz |
|120 V / 60 Hz / 11 Amp |
|Pump||Direct-drive axial||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 23-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
|Weight||28.2 pounds||24 pounds||11.8 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has a solid cleaning power rating compared to the other two pressure washers. It has the highest maximum pressure – at 1700 PSI – although its flow rate is a bit lower than the top one. But it also has the longest power cord and hose, which will give you a greater range of motion while you are working. While it is the heaviest, I don’t think this will be much of an issue.
Compared to similar pressure washers, I think that it is pretty clear that the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is one of, if not the, best model. You may agree. But before you make up your mind about whether it is the best one for you, let’s take one more quick look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Powerboost technology for more pressure.
- Great cleaning power rating.
- Zero emissions, ever.
- 3 in 1 vario nozzle system.
- Supported by a solid reputation.
With the kind of innovative technology that you only find on this company’s power tools and appliances, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S has everything it takes to make big cleanup jobs easy to finish quickly. It has a great cleaning power rating and never produces a single carbon emission. This is a great pressure washer.
- Not the lightest model.
- Could be more durable.
- Only a one year warranty.
- Connectors are plastic.
- It’s a bit top heavy.
The few Cons that I was able to find on the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S really do not present the kind of real problems that a lot of lesser pressure washers tend to have. Overall I was very impressed by what it had to offer, in spite of the fact that it had plastic connectors and a few other minor issues.
When you are looking for a quality power tool or appliance, there are very few names that stand out as being the kind of quality manufacturers you can count on to really deliver. One of them is Black & Decker. And as with all of its products, the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is one of the best machines in its class. It is packed with the kind of innovative features that will help make your job much easier. It provides a higher cleaning power rating than most other pressure washers in its class, and it is easier to operate than other pressure washers as well. You will be well equipped to deal with a wide range of tough cleanup jobs when you have the Black & Decker 11BDE-210S on your side – I guarantee it. This is one solid electric residential pressure washer.
When you see a name like Black & Decker, you know you will be getting quality, but what you might not know is that you will also be getting a bargain. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is one of the better priced pressure washers in its class. That is especially true when you consider all of the great features this machine can offer its owner – including superior cleaning power, great tech, and overall ease of use. The best part is that you get all of that quality and superior design at a price that is not only reasonable, but a great bargain too. The Black & Decker 11BDE-210S is a very solid pressure washer at a great price.
Black & Decker 11BDE-210S