AR Blue Clean AR116 Review
AR Blue Clean AR116
|(Rated: 4.1 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: AR Blue Clean, AR Blue Clean Pressure Washers, Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
A solid residential pressure washer can be a homeowner’s best friend when it comes to taking care of all of the different chores you have to do to keep your property looking its best. There are all kinds of useful applications for a pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR116, which is easy to use, versatile, and quite portable. Whether you will be washing your vinyl siding and second floor windows during spring cleaning; blasting years of grit out of the deck; or just washing your car, a pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR116 can make your job a lot easier. You will be able to finish all of these tasks and more much faster and more efficiently than you could without this great pressure washer. And because it is so versatile, you will soon find yourself looking around for new chores to use it for.
The AR Blue Clean AR116 is a residential electric pressure washer that offers a lot of great features to its owner. The AR Blue Clean AR116 is small and light enough to be classed as a hand carry model, but even though it is not the biggest pressure washer on the market, it still produces the kind of high pressure spray and solid flow rate that will allow you to easily deal with the majority of cleanup jobs around the house. And because it is a hand carry model, you will be able to take it with you wherever you need to blast away dirt and grime.
That means you can bring the AR Blue Clean AR116 with you to the top of a ladder for cleaning those hard to reach second floor windows, washing your roof down, or clearing out your rain gutters. But that is just the beginning of the places you can use the AR Blue Clean AR116. Because it is electric and produces no harmful emissions while it is running, you can even use it in enclosed spaces without worrying about ventilation or fumes. That means you can use it in the garage or even take it inside to wash your bathroom tile or work room surfaces.
The AR Blue Clean AR116 is a residential electric hand carry pressure washer that weighs less than twelve pounds and has dimensions of 9.5 x 10.5 x 19 inches. It has a 120 Volt / 60 Hertz motor and 3 axial-piston wobble-plate pump that produces a max pressure of 1450 PSI with a flow rate of 1.35 GPM.
|Dimensions||9.5 x 10.5 x 19|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 11 Amp (induction)|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Foam dispenser|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
The AR Blue Clean AR116 has a cleaning power rating of 1957.5 units, which makes it comparable to bigger, heavier residential electric pressure washers. It produces a cold water spray through an ergonomically designed spray gun that has an adjustable jet nozzle with foam dispenser and a twenty foot hose.
You may be a bit taken aback by how small and lightweight the AR Blue Clean AR116 is – at twelve pounds, it is one of the lightest pressure washers on the market today, which means that pretty much everyone should have no problem carrying it with them while they tackle a wide variety of cleanup jobs around the house. But do not be fooled by its size: the AR Blue Clean AR116 still packs a pretty powerful cleaning punch. That means that you will be getting the convenience of portability with the effectiveness of a high powered spray that can take care of some of the toughest cleaning jobs you can find.
The AR Blue Clean AR116 is built with ease of use in mind, and that shows almost immediately. Because it is an electric model, you do not have to deal with the hassle of changing the oil or keeping smelly gas cans in your garage. All you have to do is plug in the AR Blue Clean AR116, hook up the intake hose and adjust the spray nozzle to the desired pressure, and you are ready to start cleaning. The nozzle produces a maximum pressure of nearly 1500 pounds per square inch with a solid flow rate. That gives the AR Blue Clean AR116 a cleaning power rating that approaches those offered on much larger, heavier machines.
With that kind of cleaning power rating packed into a compact and lightweight machine, there is virtually no limit to what you can do with the AR Blue Clean AR116. You can bring it with you practically anywhere, and adjust the spray nozzle to lighter sprays for cleaning more delicate surfaces like windows or your car, and then dial up the pressure to blast away tough stains. And best of all, the AR Blue Clean AR116 is a very affordable pressure washer, too.
There are a number of great features that help to make the AR Blue Clean AR116 one of the best hand carry pressure washers on the market today. Not only is it compact and lightweight, it offers all of the convenience of electric power and a solid cleaning power rating. Besides that, it is very easy to use, and has a price tag that is very affordable. Let’s take a closer look at each of these points.
- Compact and lightweight : The AR Blue Clean AR116 weighs little more than a cordless drill, making it one of the most lightweight pressure washers on the market today. That means you will have no trouble taking it to the top of a ladder for hard to reach jobs, and your arms will not get tired even after you have been using the AR Blue Clean AR116 on big jobs all afternoon. Plus, it’s small enough that you can find storage for it easily.
- Zero emissions at the point of use : One of the major advantages of using an electric pressure washer for residential projects is that they never produce any emissions at the point of use. That means that not only will you enjoy a reduced carbon footprint, but you also will not have to worry about the harmful effects of engine fumes if you are using the AR Blue Clean AR116 in an enclosed space. This means you will be able to use the AR Blue Clean AR116 on a wider variety of projects.
- Solid cleaning power rating : In spite of the fact that it is one of the smaller and more lightweight pressure washers out there, the AR Blue Clean AR116 has an axial-piston wobble-plate pump that allows it to deliver a very solid cleaning power rating for its size. That means you will be getting a pressure washer that can quickly take care of even the toughest cleanup jobs – but it remains far more portable and easy to use than bigger machines.
- Easy to operate : There are no tricks to operating the AR Blue Clean AR116. It’s as simple as hooking up the intake hose, connecting the power cord to an outlet, and selecting your pressure setting, and you’re ready to go. The adjustable jet nozzle eliminates the need for swapping out different nozzles for different pressures. The foam dispenser gives you the option to add soap to the spray. And the pump and motor will never need maintenance to keep running smoothly.
- Great price : One of the best features on the AR Blue Clean AR116 isn’t exactly on the AR Blue Clean AR116 at all – it’s on the price tag. A good pressure washer with a reasonable asking price can be hard to find. Often les expensive models will not have the kind of ease of use or cleaning power rating that the AR Blue Clean AR116 is able to offer. With this pressure washer, you are getting a solid machine and enjoying a price that is well below average.
As you can see, the AR Blue Clean AR116 packs a lot of cleaning power into a conveniently compact design. That makes it a lot easier to use, but also ensures that you will be getting all of the power you need to deal with even the toughest cleanup jobs around the home. And with one of the best prices you can get on a residential pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean AR116 will be affordable for anyone.
Now, in spite of the fact that the AR Blue Clean AR116 offers heavy cleaning power in a lightweight design, and has a lot of great features that help make it very easy to operate and affordable to own, there are a few areas that could stand to see some room for improvement. While none of the Cons that I found were particularly serious, and none of them took away from its overall performance considerably, I do think that they are worth going over.
- Max Pressure could be higher : At nearly 1500 pounds per square inch, the AR Blue Clean AR116 has a fairly solid PSI level – especially considering that is a hand carry, residential pressure washer. But I would have liked to have seen a max PSI that was just a bit higher. That would kick the cleaning power rating up to levels that would be above average for more classes than just the one the AR Blue Clean AR116 is in. Still, it should be enough pressure for most jobs.
- Hose is only 20 feet long : The PVC plastic hose on the AR Blue Clean AR116 is definitely durable and ready to hold up to tough jobs for a long time. I do wish it was another five or ten feet longer, as that would allow you more range of motion if you wanted to set the pressure washer down while you are cleaning. At the same time, the fact that it is so easy to carry with you almost makes the hose length a moot point.
- Cold water spray only : It can be very difficult to find an electric residential pressure washer of any size or price range that has a hot water spray, so while this is a persistent problem that is not unique to the AR Blue Clean AR116, it is still worth mentioning. A hot water spray could cut through tough stains more easily than a cold water spray. But with its easy to use foam dispenser and solid cleaning power rating, this shouldn’t be a huge problem.
- Plastic intake connections : This is the one Con that I really was concerned about. A lot of smaller residential pressure washers use plastic connectors for the intake hose, so while this is also not a unique issue on the AR Blue Clean AR116, it is still a problem. Unless you replace the connectors with brass fittings, you will find that they will get worn down over time and may even begin to develop leaks. Fortunately, replacing them is not costly or very difficult.
- Warranty is only one year long : It is becoming all too common, in my opinion, to find that residential pressure washers only come with a single year warranty. On any model, the industry standard of two years should really be applied, and it can be worrisome when a pressure washer only has a one year warranty. Still, the quality of design and build should make sure this is not a huge issue on the AR Blue Clean AR116.
I am sure you will agree that these Cons for the most part are not really the kind of issues that would be any reason to worry about the long term performance or overall ability of the AR Blue Clean AR116. With the exception of the intake connections – which has an easy fix – most of these are minor issues that do not affect the cleaning power of the AR Blue Clean AR116 in any real way. Overall the AR Blue Clean AR116 is still a solid pressure washer.
Of course, the best way to find out whether a given pressure washer is the right one for you is not just by looking at Pros and Cons lists, but by doing some comparison shopping to find out how it stacks up to similar models made by the competition. This gives you a better picture of what the market has to offer. It also tells you whether a machine like the AR Blue Clean AR116 has the best product specs for your needs.
|AR Blue Clean|
|Karcher K5.85 M|
|Dimensions||9.5 x 10.5 x 19||21.8 x 19.1 x 12.8||15.6 x 14.3 x 35.4|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 11 Amp |
|120 V / 60 Hz |
|120 V / 60 Hz |
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial aluminum pump|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Weight||11.8 pounds||28.9 pounds||36.5 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, the AR Blue Clean AR116 is the lightest and most compact of the three models, but it still has a cleaning power rating that is about average for a residential pressure washer. What little power you do lose is mainly due to the flow rate on the AR Blue Clean AR116, and I think it is a small concession to the incredible portability and ease of use the AR Blue Clean AR116 has to offer its owner.
Whether you end up deciding to go with a two wheeled or a hand carry pressure washer is ultimately up to you; you may want to sacrifice portability for a few more pounds per square inch. But either way, let’s take another look at the Pros and Cons the AR Blue Clean AR116 has to offer.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Zero emissions at the point of use.
- Solid cleaning power rating.
- Easy to operate.
- Great price.
As one of the smallest and lightest pressure washers on the market, the AR Blue Clean AR116 is one of the easiest and most convenient to use. But it still manages to pack a solid cleaning power rating into that small design. It has a great price and is better for the environment than other models.
- Max Pressure could be higher.
- Hose is only 20 feet long.
- Cold water spray only.
- Plastic intake connections.
- Warranty is only one year long.
While a few areas on the AR Blue Clean AR116 could stand to see some tweaking – especially the fact that the intake nozzles are plastic – overall I do not think that any of these Cons represent any major issues. Overall the AR Blue Clean AR116 is still a solid pressure washer at a good price.
There seems to be no limit to all of the different cleanup jobs you can find around the house, and for that reason alone, buying a pressure washer that is easier to take with you wherever you go can be a really smart move. While bigger pressure washers may be able to offer slightly elevated cleaning power ratings, at some point that extra power does not really make big jobs go any faster or help get through tough stains any easier. So balancing a solid cleaning power rating with a compact and light design can often be the best decision. The AR Blue Clean AR116 offers a cleaning power rating of nearly 2000 units, which is great for any residential pressure washer. And it does so while weighing less than 12 pounds and being small enough to store on a closet shelf. That means you can take its great cleaning power with you anywhere you need to go.
As I mentioned in the Pros section, the AR Blue Clean AR116 has a very competitive price tag, which may prove to be one of its most attractive features. There are lots of pressure washers out there that are not able to offer much more cleaning power or performance than the AR Blue Clean AR116 has but are considerably more expensive. There is no reason to be throwing your money away on a pricier pressure washer when a solid one is right here at a much better price. The AR Blue Clean AR116 offers solid cleaning power, great portability, and excellent ease of use at one of the most competitive prices out there. What more can you ask for?
AR Blue Clean AR116