Greenworks 25092 Review
Exclusive Offer Greenworks 25092
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Lawn Mower, Best Lawn Mower, Electric Lawn Mower Buying Guide, Electric Lawn Mower Reviews, Greenworks, Greenworks Lawn Mowers, Lawn Mower Buying Guide, Lawn Mower Reviews, Walk-Behind Mower Buying Guide,|
Shopping for a self propelled cordless electric mower can be challenging. There are lots of options out there, and many of them are fairly expensive. You want to find a mower that is right for your needs but also one that does not give your wallet too much of a beating. This is where the Greenworks 25092 comes in. The Greenworks 25092 is one of the most inexpensive self propelled cordless electric mowers on the market today. It has a removable, rechargeable battery that packs enough power to cut up to a quarter acre on a single charge and has a run time of up to 35 minutes.
This means the Greenworks 25092 is an excellent self propelled cordless electric mower for homeowners with small properties who want the advantages of an electric mower that they do not have to struggle with maneuvering around their yard, but who also do not want to spend a great deal of money. This mower is perfect for taking care of a modest urban or suburban backyard, and it eliminates all of the hassles associated with a gas powered mower, such as dealing with a heavy starter cord and worrying about emissions output. It drives under its own power, and also gets rid of the problems of using power cords.
The Greenworks 25092 has a number of great advantages. First among these is the price tag. The 25092 is significantly less expensive than other self propelled cordless electric mowers, which are typically $400 or more. In addition to that, this mower still has all of the features you are looking for in a cordless self propelled lawn mower.
Unlike a gas mower, the 25092 is always a zero emissions machine, and you will never have to worry about keeping smelly gas cans or messy oil cans in your garage or tool shed. It starts up easily with a key and push button, unlike gas mowers, which require the user to prime the engine and pull a heavy starter cord over and over until the engine revs up. Also, there are no more smelly fumes filling your yard or saturating your clothes after you are done mowing your lawn. The 25092 runs on clean electric power, which is better for the environment as well as your wallet.
The 25092 is a cordless electric mower: it is powered by a 24V, rechargeable, removable battery that reaches 100% capacity after fifteen hours of charging. No more having to worry about whether you are going to trip over long extension cords while you are cutting your lawn, or worse, running over them with the lawnmower. No more dealing with cords that are tangled up and knotted, even though you are certain that you wound them up carefully when you put them away!
The 24V battery carries enough power to cut up to a quarter acre on a single charge, and it has a 35 minute run time. That is the same area as four professional tennis courts, which is more than enough for the average city lot, and enough to tackle most suburban lots as well. The battery is removable, which means that if you do have a somewhat larger lot, you can always swap it out for a fully charged battery. That way you are never in danger of running out of power while you’re cutting the grass.
The Greenworks 25092 has an eighteen inch deck size and dimensions of 37.6 x 18.7 x 21.5 inches. It comes with one removable, rechargeable 24V battery that takes fifteen hours to fully charge. When charged to 100%, the battery can power the mower for a runtime of up to 35 minutes and can run it long enough to cut 1/4 of an acre. It comes with two grass clippings management options: mulching clippings bag into the lawn or discharging into a rear bag for disposal or adding to your compost pile. The 25092 has a self propelled drive system, which takes much of the strain out of operating a walk behind mower. It has several height options between 1.25 and 3.5 inches, seven inch front wheels and eight inch rear wheels. The mower weighs ninety pounds, but it has a self propelled drive mechanism for easy maneuvering. The handle folds down for easy, compact storage.
|Dimensions||37.6 x 18.7 x 21.5 inches|
|Power||24V Removable Battery (Inc. 1 battery)|
|Charge Time||15 Hours to 100%|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch and bag|
|Cutting Area||up to 1/4 acre|
(conditions may vary)
|up to 35 minutes|
|Drive System||Self-Propelled Motor|
|Starter||Key + Push button|
|Height Adjustment||Single lever (7 positions)|
|Height Settings||1-1/4- to 3-1/2-inch|
|Wheel Size||7-inch front / 8-inch rear|
Mowing the lawn just became much mower affordable. The Greenworks 25092 is one of the most affordable self propelled cordless electric mowers available on the market today. In addition to being a zero emissions lawn mower, the charger has an Energy Star rating, which means that it is a more efficient and environmentally friendly appliance. This will help cut down on your household’s carbon footprint while at the same time saving you hundreds of dollars a year on fuel and maintenance costs. The specifications for the 25092 describe a cordless mower that is perfect for anyone with a smaller property who does not want to waste money on a more powerful electric mower that they will not need for their purposes. The fact that it is self propelled and compact enough to fit easily in your garage or tool shed makes this an excellent, maneuverable, and affordable electric mower.
The Greenworks 25092 is a cordless self propelled electric lawn mower with removable batteries. This immediately gets rid of all of the problems associated with using a gas mower, including priming the engine and pulling a heavy starter cord to get it started, storing smelly gas cans and messy oil cans in your garage or tool shed, and filling your yard with gas fumes and your environment with carbon emissions every time you cut the grass. The EPA estimates that over 5% of all carbon emissions produced by American households come from gas powered lawn mowers. By switching to electric, you immediately cut down on your carbon footprint. The battery charger has an Energy Star rating, which means you will save hundreds of dollars a gas powered mower would force you to spend on fuel costs and maintenance each year.
Because the 25092 is powered by a removable, rechargeable battery, you no longer have to worry about problems associated with using long extension cords to run your lawn mower. Often extension cords can get lost in tall grass, and you can wind up tripping over them or even worse, damaging them by running over them with your lawn mower. Those problems are eliminated with a battery powered mower. Besides that, the fact that the battery is removable means that if you run out of charge in the middle of cutting your lawn, you do not have to wait for it to recharge fully. You can simply swap it out for a fresh battery, and be back to cutting your lawn in a matter of minutes. The removable battery can also be charged indoors, which means that if you do not have an outdoor power source, there is no problem with charging the battery.
The battery on the 25092 is a 24V battery that charges to full power in fifteen hours. It has enough power when fully charged to run the mower for 35 minutes and cut up to a quarter of an acre. That is the same area as four professional tennis courts! This amount of area is more than enough for the average home owner with an urban size lot or small suburban property. Often you will find that you are able to cut your whole lawn without even coming close to draining the battery.
And because the Greenworks 25092 is an electric mower, it is much quieter than traditional gas powered mowers. That means you can cut your lawn at any time of day without having to worry about whether you are annoying your neighbors. So you can get started cutting your lawn early in the day, before the summer weather gets too hot. Then you will have the rest of the morning and afternoon free for relaxing in your yard and enjoying your freshly mown lawn – before your neighbors are even out in their yards, getting their mowers started up.
Unlike some mowers, the 25092 comes equipped with two grass management options right out of the box in addition to the normal cutting mode. Users can opt to collect grass clippings in a rear bag for later disposal or addition to a compost pile. Or they can engage the mulching mechanism and mulch grass clippings back into their lawn. Lawn care experts recommend that you mulch clippings into your lawn at least occasionally, as this is a good source of nitrogen for the lawn, and also because it helps to keep weeds and crabgrass from invading the lawn. Other mowers may make you pay for rear bag or mulching accessories separately, but Greenworks includes them in the already low price of the 25092.
The 25092 is a self propelled mower, which is a bonus that takes a lot of the additional hassle out of mowing your lawn. Once you start up the mower, it will drive itself and all you have to do is steer it. This is perfect for people who routinely find they are worn out or sore after mowing their lawns. While it operates at maximum efficiency on level ground, the self propulsion system will also help if you have a gentle grade on your property that you normally have trouble maneuvering a lawn mower up or down. The Greenworks 25092 has a four year warranty, which is twice the industry standard. The mower comes ready for assembly with a battery, charger, mulch plug, and collection bag, and can be put together in a matter of minutes.
You have to keep track of several factors when you are in the market for a new lawn mower. A cordless electric mower has a number of advantages over either a gas mower or a plug in electric mower. Electric mowers eliminate the need to purchase gasoline or store it in your garage. They are better for the environment and more inexpensive to operate and maintain, and they are much quieter than gas mowers. Cordless mowers eliminate the problems of dealing with extension cords. But not all self propelled cordless electric mowers are created equal, so it is important to shop around in order to be sure you are getting the right mower for your lawn. The Greenworks 25902 is one of the least expensive self propelled cordless electric lawnmowers on the market today, and it has a 24V, rechargeable battery that can power the mower for 35 minutes and cut up to a quarter of an acre in one shot.
- Affordable and inexpensive : Probably the number one selling point for the Greenworks 25092 is the price tag. In today’s market, a reliable self propelled lawn mower at an affordable price is hard to come by, and that is certainly the case if you are shopping for a cordless electric mower. The average self propelled cordless electric mower runs at upwards of $400 and can run as high as over a thousand dollars. Many of these machines do not have the accessories or deck size of the 25092 either. That makes this mower a bargain buy and it is especially well designed for property owners with lawns that are smaller than 1/4 an acre. If you are like many of us and have a smaller lot and a tight budget, the 25092 is probably the right cordless electric mower for you.
- 24 volts rechargeable, removable battery pack : The 25092 comes with a 24V rechargeable, removable battery pack and a charger that can be used indoors or out. The 24V battery takes fifteen hours to fully charge, and when it’s full, it packs enough power to cut an area equivalent to four tennis courts or run for over half an hour. Because the battery is removable, you never have to worry about running out of juice if you have a larger property than 1/4 acre – just but a backup battery and swap it in for the first one if it runs out of power. The batteries are easy to swap out and the whole process takes a matter of minutes. The fact that the battery can be charged anywhere also means you do not necessarily need outdoor power to recharge it.
- Zero emissions and Energy Star Rating : One of the major draws for homeowners to electric lawn mowers these days is driven by the same concerns that are leading more of us to buy hybrid cars as well: the environment. The EPA estimates that five percent of all household emissions in the United States are produced by gas mowers. Electric mowers produce zero emissions, belch out zero fumes, and have a significantly lower impact on both the environment and you wallet. Add to that the fact that the charger for the 25092 has an Energy Star rating, which means it is far more efficient than other chargers, and you are looking at a machine that is at the cutting edge of energy use. This means you will cut down significantly on your household’s carbon footprint – the amount of fossil fuels you are using and the amount of emissions you are producing – when you use this mower. But you will also be cutting down significantly on the amount of money you are spending on fueling and maintaining your lawn mower each year. And it is pretty hard to argue with the bottom line.
- Self-propelled drive mechanism : The Greenworks 25092 has a powerful self propelled drive mechanism. Once you start it up, the drive mechanism takes over, powering the mower around the yard at a fairly quick pace. All you have to do is steer it. One of the biggest hassles associated with cutting the lawn with a walk behind mower is the fact that you have to push it. With a heavy or cumbersome lawn mower, that makes what should be a breeze into a chore that can leave you worn out and sore from the effort. The 25092 takes all the work out of mowing your lawn by literally pushing itself. Self propelled mowers are particularly appealing if you have a gentle slope in your yard that you do not want to have to push a mower up and down, but they are also quite useful on level ground as well.
- Quiet and compact : Like most electric mowers, the Greenworks 25092 is extremely quiet – much more so than gas powered mowers. That means you will have the option of mowing your lawn almost as soon as the sun comes up and you will not have to worry about disturbing your sleeping neighbors. That means you can take care of your lawn before the summer days get too hot. You will be long finished with your yard work and enjoying the fruits of your labor when your neighbors are just getting started. And because the 25092 is compact, it is easier to maneuver around corners and under shrubs and bushes. It’s also a lot easier to store. Its fold down handle and compact dimensions mean it will not take up a lot of room in your garage or tool shed. You can even store it under a work bench, on a lower shelf in your shed, or vertically in your garage.
Greenworks also offers a four year limited warranty on the 25092, which is twice the industry standard. Besides that the company offers a one year warranty against defects in workmanship or materials on the batteries. The mower is one of the best available for the affordable price Greenworks offers it for. The batteries can be fully charged with a highly efficient, Energy Star rated charger in fifteen hours, or practically overnight. And if you buy a backup battery, you can rest easy that the machine will never run out of power while you are mowing your lawn. Because the 25092 is such a quiet, low maintenance, compact and efficient mower, and because it is self propelled, it takes the vast majority of the work out of taking care of your lawn.
Of course, not all lawn mowers are created equal, and manufacturers necessarily make concessions in certain areas in order to allow them to maximize the potential of other areas. While the Greenworks 25092 is extremely affordable and provides one of the most inexpensive options for a self propelled cordless electric mower on the market, it does so at the expense of certain other areas in order to keep the low price for such a great mower economically viable. As a consumer, it is important to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the drawbacks associated with a product before you buy it, so that you do not wind up with something that does not work well for you. Because of that, I am providing a list of cons for the Greenworks 25092 so that you can fully understand what other users found lacking in it. In that way, by the time you are finished with this review, you should have a good sense of whether the 25092 is the right mower for your needs.
- Awkward rear wheel drive : The 25092 is propelled by a rear wheel drive mechanism that can take some getting used to. In addition to this the fact that the front wheels are stationary with respect to the forward axis makes steering the 25092 a bit awkward. Users have complained that the mower requires greater anticipation of turns than on some other models, and that they had to use it several times before they were able to use it with greater ease. This means that you might also find it a bit difficult to operate when you first start using it. But this is often the case with self propelled walk behind lawn mowers. All of them are different, and users who are familiar with traditional push style mowers with which they have greater control often tend to find that a self propelled mower takes some getting used to.
- No variable speeds : Unlike other models, the Greenworks 25092 does not have more than one speed option, so what you see is all you get. That means that if you find the speed of the mower is too fast or too slow for your liking, there isn’t really anything you can do about it. Besides that, the self propelled drive mechanism can often be a bit too fast to efficiently deal with thicker or tougher grass such as St Augustine or Bermuda grass. This means that you may find it runs quickly over thick patches of grass without managing to completely cut them, and you will have to go over them a few more times to really get them cut. However if you have finer varieties of grass like tall fescue or Kentucky bluegrass this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Battery duration is shorter than other models : The battery pack on the Greenworks 25092 has a runtime that lasts up to 35 minutes and can cut up to 850 square yards. While this is typically more than enough for the more modest sized lawn on a typical single lot property, some users have said that the 24V battery is not powerful enough or that it loses its charge too quickly. This has especially been the case for users whose properties have particularly thick lawns or who are growing denser varieties of grass such as St. Augustine or Bermuda grass. The mower cannot handle wet grass efficiently and if you use it to cut grass while it is still wet, you will find that the blade will slow down and even stop and the battery will drain very quickly.
- The blade is rather narrow : In order to be able to offer a battery powered self propelled mower that runs on a 24V battery, one of the concessions Greenworks had to make in other areas was on deck size. At 18 inches, the blade of the 25092 falls on the small end of the available range, largely because the mower would need a more powerful (and therefore more expensive) battery to run a larger blade along with the self propulsion drive. Smaller deck width means you will have to make more passes on your lawn in order to cut it, which will of course take more time. However the users who noted the small deck width also pointed out the affordability of the machine and the fact that their yards were small enough that a few more inches would not have made much of a difference.
- The bag is small and fills up quickly : A number of users have pointed out that the Greenworks 25092 comes with a rear bag that is rather small. The bag fills up with grass clippings quickly, and sometimes users have had to empty it two or even three times while they were mowing their property. Allowing the bag to completely fill up also tended to affect the overall performance of the lawn mower. If you do not intend to bag your clippings for disposal or compost, this of course is not a problem. But if you do intend to use the rear bag, be prepared for it to require emptying during the job.
We should keep in mind that no product can ever please everyone, and this is particularly true in the case of home and garden appliances. When one is reading online reviews of any product, particularly battery operated power tools, it is inevitable that they will find a number of reviews from people who were unsatisfied with the product. The Greenworks 25092 is no exception. I recommend considering both the pros and the cons of the lawn mower, as well as any other product you are looking to buy, for that matter. Then you will have an informed idea of what its features and drawbacks are, and be better equipped to make the right decision about whether it will perform as expected, suit your needs, and be worth the purchase price.
In the spirit of savvy shopping, it is also wise to compare several similar products to one another in order to better understand what each one offers that its competitors don’t, and where each one is lacking compared to other models. It is important to get a good picture of how powerful the batteries on different models are, what the size of the deck width is, whether comparably priced models offer self propelled drives , how large of an area different models are able to cover on one fully charged battery, and what the grass handling and height adjustment levels are. In order to give you a good idea of how the Greenworks 25092 stacks up against other models, I prepared a comparison chart for it against the Earthwise 60120 and the Black & Decker CM1936.
|Black & Decker
|Dimensions||37.6 x 18.7 x 21.5 inches||39.8 x 22.8 x 35.7 inches||36.2 x 18.5 x 22.7 inches|
|Power||24V Removable Battery
(Inc. 1 battery)
|24V Removable Battery
(Inc. 1 battery)
|36V Removable Battery
(Inc. 1 battery)
|Charge Time||15 Hours to 100%||15 Hours to 100%||12 Hours to 100%|
|Deck Size (cutting swath)||18-inch||20-inch||19-inch|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch and bag||Mulch, bag, and discharge||Rear bag (mulching insert and side discharge chute sold separately)|
|Cutting Area||up to 1/4 acre||up to 1/3 acre||up to 1/3 acre|
|Runtime charge (conditions may vary)||up to 35 minutes||up to 45 minutes||up to 45 minutes|
|Drive System||Self-Propelled Motor||Manual Push||Manual Push|
|Starter||Key + Push button||Key + Push button||Handle pull|
|Height Adjustment||Single lever (7 positions)||Single lever (7 positions)||One touch (single lever adjusts all four wheels simultaneously)|
|Height Settings||1-1/4- to 3-1/2-inch||1-1/2- to 3-3/4-inch||1-1/2- to 3-1/2-inch|
|Wheel Size||7-inch front / 8-inch rear||7-inch front / 9-1/2 inch rear||7-inch front / 9-inch rear|
|Weight||90 pounds||92 pounds||72 pounds|
|Warranty||4 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Greenworks 25092 is the only one of the three that boasts a self propelled drive system. It also has the largest range of height settings, at 1.5 inches – 3.5 inches. At the same time, the 25092 is on the high end of hours to fully charged, at fifteen, and it has the shortest runtime, at 35 minutes. This is because of the fact that the battery on the 25092 is powering both the cutting blade and the drive system, while on the other models the battery is only powering the cutting blade. The 25092 has the smallest cutting area of the three as well, at just 1/4 an acre, while the other two mowers are able to cut 1/3 an acre on a single charge. The 25092 has the smallest deck size as well, at eighteen inches. What these specifications tend to indicate is that the Greenworks 25092 is best suited to homeowners with smaller lots. The other two mowers may be better equipped for larger areas, but if you are shopping for a mower that can cut a lot that is a quarter acre or less, the Greenworks has added features such as the self propelled drive system that the other models can’t match.
When you are shopping for the right cordless electric lawn mower for your needs, the first thing you should be looking at is how large an area you need to cut and the second is how much the lawn mower is going to cost you. If you own an average sized city lot, which is between 4,000 and 6,000 square feet, or about 1/8 of an acre, you do not need a mower that can cut more than twice that on a single charge. With a self propelled drive system, an Energy Star rated, removable, rechargeable battery, and a price that comes in well below a lot of its competitors, the Greenworks 25092 is just the right cordless electric lawn mower for average property owners.
- The mower is far more affordable and inexpensive than most of its competitors.
- The 25092 has a 24 volt, rechargeable, removable battery pack.
- The charger is Energy Star rated, which is better for your wallet and the environment.
- The self propelled drive mechanism takes most of the work out of cutting your lawn.
- The 25092 is quieter and more compact than other lawn mowers.
Taken individually, each of the pros the Greenworks 2592 provide are really something: a price tag that is enviable compared to the majority of those on the market today; a battery that packs enough power to cut an area the size of six professional tennis courts; an Energy Star rating and guaranteed zero emissions, which will save you money on fuel costs and save the environment of pollutants; a self propelled drive mechanism that means all you have to do is start the mower up and then steer it around the yard; and a super quiet engine and compact dimensions that make it maneuverable and easy to store. It’s easy to see why the Greenworks 25092 is one of the best deals in the cordless electric mower market today.
- The mower’s rear wheel drive is somewhat awkward at first.
- There are no variable speeds, and the mower can be rather fast for efficient use.
- Battery duration is shorter than other models, which makes it less than ideal for big yards.
- The deck width is on the narrow end of the spectrum.
- The bag is small and fills up quickly, requiring users to empty it frequently.
At only eighteen inches, the width of the 25092’s cutting blade is definitely on the narrow end of the range, although it is somewhat bigger than the smallest models. If you are not cutting a large lawn that will require you to make a lot of passes, the eighteen inch blade should be fine for our needs. Of course, it is true that self propelled lawn mowers take some getting used to, and this one is no exception. And if you have very thick grass, the speed of the propulsion system may not be efficient enough to cut your lawn very well. However if you have a yard that is planted with fine fescue or Kentucky bluegrass, and it is less than a quarter acre in size, this mower should fit the bill nicely.
If you are the typical homeowner in the United States, it is unlikely that you have a property with a lawn that is bigger than 1/4 acre. Think about it: the average urban lot is about half that size, and most suburban lots hover around 1/4 acre. Once you factor in the driveway, the garden, and the house’s footprint, you are typically dealing with a lot less than 1/4 acre of grass to cut. If this sounds familiar, it isn’t going to be in your best interests to spend a lot of money on a powerful mower that you will only be using for twenty minutes to quickly cut your grass.
The Greenworks 25092 is the perfect lawn mower for the average homeowner who wants to maximize all the benefits of owning a cordless, rechargeable electric mower that drives itself, does not need a lot of maintenance or storage space, and saves you money. There really isn’t any use looking for a bigger mower, and this is one of the most affordable self propelled cordless electric mowers on the market. Unless you have a huge property of a half an acre or more, the Greenworks 25092 should be just right.
In addition to its self propelled drive system and removable, rechargeable 24V battery, the Greenworks 25092 boasts an Energy Star rating, which means its charger uses electricity in an extremely efficient manner, which will provide further savings to your wallet and the environment. It has seven cutting heights between 1.5 and 3.5 inches, and it’s quiet and compact. Overall this is a great mower that will keep your lawn looking sharp all year long.
While it may not be the best idea to go for an inexpensive home or garden appliance, this is one situation where that simply isn’t the case. As self propelled, cordless electric mowers go, the Greenworks 25092 is a solid machine, and its price tag still puts it at the low end. Add to that the fact that the charger’s Energy Star rating will save you hundreds of dollars over the years, and it has a four year warranty – double the industry standard – and you can be fairly confident that this is a great buy for the price.
Exclusive Offer Greenworks 25092
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59