Greenworks 25062 Review
|(Rated: 4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Lawn Mower, Best Reel Mower, Greenworks, Greenworks Lawn Mowers, Lawn Mower Buying Guide, Lawn Mower Reviews, Reel Mower Buying Guide, Reel Mower Reviews, Walk-Behind Mower Buying Guide,|
If you have a small to medium sized lawn in your yard, switching over to a manual reel mower can be a very attractive prospect for several reasons. A manual reel mower will be much quieter and better for the environment than a gas or even an electric lawn mower. Manual reel mowers are the only ones that are completely emissions free. They are also quiet enough that you do not have to worry about bothering your neighbors when you use them.
Not only that, a manual reel mower can save you a great deal of money, not only on the initial purchase put also over the long term. That’s because there are no fuel costs, and the only maintenance you will have to do is occasionally sharpening the blades. The Greenworks 25062 offers all of the advantages of a manual reel mower as well as a few more of its own.
Greenworks 25062 is a manual reel mower with an 18 inch wide cutting reel that has five durable steel blades. It has an overall footprint of 25 x 43.5 x 33.8 inches, which will make it easy to find storage space for it, and it weighs just 37 pounds, which means it will be easy for just about anyone to maneuver it around their yard. A rear grass catcher is included, and it has a very competitive purchase price, as well as a warranty that is twice the industry standard. I’ll cover each of these features in the Pros section.
There are a few minor drawbacks associated with the Greenworks 25062, as with any manual reel mower. It may not be able to handle tall grass very well, and tougher varieties of grass could require multiple passes to cut. The grass catcher is a bit small. And it may be difficult to get a good cut on uneven ground with this mower. I will cover each of these drawbacks more in the Cons section. I’ll also provide a comparison table that looks at the specs of the Greenworks 25062 and two similar mowers, and discuss the pricing and warranty in more detail.
The Greenworks 25062 is a manual push reel mower with overall dimensions of 25 x 43.5 x 33.8 inches and a five blade cutting reel that is 18 inches wide. Its handle is ergonomically designed and has a cushion grip. The cutting system on the mower is a standard one, in which the cutting reel makes contact with the rear blade.
|Mower Type||Manual Push|
|Cutting System||Standard (contact)|
|Cutting Height||1-3/4- to 2-3/4-inch|
The Greenworks 25062 has adjustable height positions between 1 3/4 inches and 2 3/4 inches. It comes with a rear grass catcher included in the initial purchase price. The mower weighs 37 pounds with the grass catcher attached. It is competitively priced and has a four year limited warranty.
The Greenworks 25062 is a manual reel mower with an eighteen inch wide cutting reel that has five durable steel blades. This makes it one of the wider manual reel mowers you can find today, and also makes it comparable to the average power rotary lawn mower as well in terms of cutting width. In spite of this, it still has a relatively small footprint, which will make it much easier to find storage space for it as well as maneuver it in tighter corners of the lawn. In addition, it weighs only 37 pounds, so it will be easy for just about anyone to use it, regardless of age or strength level.
A rear grass catcher is conveniently included in the initial purchase of the Greenworks 25062. The grass catcher is a bit small, so you may have to empty it a few times if you have a lawn that is a big on the larger side before you finish the job. This is easy to do, however, because the grass catcher attaches to the mower’s frame with Velcro loops.
The Greenworks 25062 has ten inch front wheels as well as six inch rear wheels. The large front wheels and the extra rear wheels help to give the mower greater stability, which will make it easier to maneuver, especially on lawns that are bumpy or uneven. That said, you may have to make multiple passes to get all of the grass cut on very uneven lawns. You also may have to make a few extra passes to get tougher varieties of grass evenly cut.
The Greenworks 25062 has one of the most competitive prices you can find for a manual reel mower as well as a warranty that is twice the industry standard. And it provides this without sacrificing performance or quality in the mower. Overall this is a great mower for homeowners with a small to medium yard.
There are a number of features that make the Greenworks 25062 one of the better manual reel mowers you can find today. It is compact and lightweight, and it still manages to have an eighteen inch wide cutting reel. It has five cutting blades made of durable steel on the cutting reel. There is a rear grass catcher that is conveniently included in the initial purchase price. It has ten inch front wheel and six inch rear wheels for greater stability and maneuverability. And it is very competitively priced, and comes with a four year warranty.
- Compact and lightweight for easier storage and maneuverability : The Greenworks 25062 weighs only 37 pounds, which makes it light enough that just about anyone will be able to maneuver it around their yard without difficulty, regardless of their age or body type. And it has overall dimensions of just 25 x 43.5 x 33.8 inches. That means it will be easy to get into tight corners of your yard with it. It will also be easy to find enough storage space for it in your garage or tool shed.
- 18 inch wide cutting reel with five cutting blades : The cutting reel on the Greenworks 25062 is eighteen inches wide, which puts it on the higher end of the range for manual reel mowers, and also makes it comparable to many power rotary mowers as well. A wider cutting reel means you will be able to finish cutting your lawn in fewer passes and less time overall. The cutting reel has five durable steep blades that will deliver a clean, even cut to your lawn every time.
- Rear grass catcher included : A rear grass catcher is conveniently included with the Greenworks 25062, so if you prefer to collect your grass clippings for later compost or disposal, you have that option. And you will not have to spend extra for this as an optional accessory, as you do with many other mowers. The grass catcher is easy to attach to the mower – it has Velcro loops that are very simple to get onto the frame – and it’s easy to remove it in order to empty it as well.
- Ten inch front wheels and six inch rear wheels for better stability : The ten inch front wheels on the Greenworks 25062 are pretty big as far as manual reel mowers are concerned, which will help to keep the lawn mower more stable if you are using it to cut grass on uneven ground. And the mower also has six inch rear wheels that are designed to further improve maneuverability as well as stability.
- Excellent price and four year warranty : The Greenworks 25062 is one of the most competitively priced manual reel mowers on the market today. It is frankly one of the most inexpensive lawn mowers I have seen that still maintains high quality performance and durability. Too often you get what you pay for, but this is one example where that simply isn’t the case. And the mower comes with a four year warranty, which is twice the industry standard.
It is difficult to find a manual reel mower that combines all of these excellent features but still has a price tag that is as competitive as the one the Greenworks 25062 has. This mower has just about everything you could want on a manual reel mower: a wide cutting reel with durable cutting blades, a rear grass catcher included in the purchase price, and a small footprint for easier maneuverability and storage. It’s a lawn mower that is easy to use and easier still to maintain.
Of course, if there is a lawn mower out there that is absolutely perfect, I have yet to find it. There are a few areas where the Greenworks 25062 could be a bit better. Its handle is a bit flimsy, which could cause problems. The grass catcher, while convenient, is a bit small. You may have to make more than one pass with the mower to get all of the grass cut, and the mower can struggle with taller grass. In spite of the large wheels, it can be difficult to get a neat cut on uneven ground.
- The handle is somewhat flimsy : While the handle on the Greenworks 25062 is ergonomically designed and has padding to make it easier to use, it is somewhat flimsy. This can be problematic if you are pushing the mower through denser or tougher varieties of grass. Doing so repeatedly over a long period of time may result in the handle weakening and eventually even bending on you. This is unfortunate, because we do not want to have to be gentle with our lawn mowers.
- Grass catcher is somewhat small : The fact that the grass catcher is included in the initial purchase price is very convenient. At the same time the grass catcher is somewhat small and tends to fill up with grass clippings rather quickly. Of course, the Velcro attachments make the grass catcher fairly easy to remove and empty. But if you have a lawn that is on the larger side of average, you may have to empty the grass catcher several times while you are mowing the lawn.
- Can require multiple passes to cut tough grass : If you live in the Southern United States or the Southwest, you probably have tougher varieties of grass like St. Augustine or Bermuda grass on your lawn. These hold up great to hot weather, but they can be difficult to cut with a reel mower. The Greenworks 25062 will cut these kinds of grass, but it may require a few passes to get the entire lawn cut.
- May struggle with taller grass : This can be a fairly common problem for manual reel mowers. If you are trying to cut grass that is more than about five inches tall, the mower can tend to run right over it, pushing it down rather than cutting through it. As a result, if you decide to purchase a manual reel mower like the Greenworks 25062, you will probably want to make sure you cut your lawn once a week so it does not get too tall.
- Can be difficult to get a good cut on uneven ground : If you have a yard that is fairly uneven or has bumpy ground, you may have difficulties getting it cut. In spite of the fact that the Greenworks 25062 has ten inch tall wheels as well as six inch rear wheels to improve stability, it may prove difficult to get the whole lawn evenly cut on a single pass. In this case, it can be a good practice to cut the lawn in a crosshatch pattern in order to get a more even cut.
Taking all of these cons into consideration, I still think the Greenworks 25062 is a great manual reel mower for smaller lawns. In addition, the price and the four year warranty make it a very attractive product. And I do not think any of these cons outweigh any of the pros listed in the previous section. If you have the kind of lawn this mower was designed for, this is a good purchase.
It is always a good policy to compare a lawn mower with a few similar models made by its competitors. This way you get a clear idea of how it stacks up to the competition, as well as a better picture of the full scope of what is offered in terms of product specifications across the entire market. In the following table, I compare the product specs of the Greenworks 25062 with those of the Fiskars 6207 and the American Lawn Mower 1815-18.
|American Lawn Mower|
|Mower Type||Manual Push||Manual Push||Manual Push|
|Handle||Cushion Grip||Ergonomic Handle||Cushion Grip|
|Cutting System||Standard (contact)||Contact-free||Standard (contact)|
|Blades||5 blades||5 blades||5 blades|
|Cutting Height||1-3/4- to 2-3/4-inch||1-1/2- to 3-1/2-inch||1/2- to 2-1/4-inch|
|Weight||37 pounds||41 pounds||29 pounds|
|Warranty||4 years||3 years||2 years|
The Fiskars has a slightly smaller cutting reel than the other two lawn mowers, at seventeen inches. It is also the only one of the three that features a contact free cutting blade, which is designed to keep the cutting reel sharper over the long term. And the Fiskars has the largest range of cutting heights of the three mowers. The Greenworks 25062 is the only one that includes a grass catcher, and it has the longest warranty of the three mowers. In other areas, the three mowers are very similar.
There are a number of great features that make the Greenworks 25062 an excellent manual reel mower for small or medium sized lawns. Not least of all is the very competitive pricing, but it stands out in a few other areas as well. Let’s take another look at both the Pros and the Cons before we wrap up.
- Compact and lightweight for easier storage and maneuverability.
- 18 inch wide cutting reel with five cutting blades.
- Rear grass catcher included.
- Ten inch front wheels and six inch rear wheels for better stability.
- Excellent price and four year warranty.
The Greenworks 25062 is very compact and lightweight, which makes it much easier to find storage space for it. It also means that just about anyone will be able to use it without any trouble. The mower comes with a rear grass catcher conveniently included, and it has big front wheels as well as rear wheels to make it more stable. And the mower is a great bargain.
- The handle is somewhat flimsy.
- Grass catcher is somewhat small.
- Can require multiple passes to cut tough grass.
- May struggle with taller grass.
- Can be difficult to get a good cut on uneven ground.
The flimsy handle could prove problematic if you subject the mower to tough jobs over the long term, but other than that, the cons for the Greenworks 25062 are not too serious. Although the grass catcher is small, it’s easy to empty. And the fact that it may have problems with taller or tougher grass and uneven ground is somewhat common for manual reel mowers, and not particularly alarming.
When you have a smaller yard, witching over to a manual reel mower can have a lot of benefits. You will immediately reduce your family’s impact on the environment as well as start to save a lot of money as compared to power rotary mowers. That’s because reel mowers produce zero emissions, and they are much cheaper up front than power mowers. But they also require a lot less maintenance over the long run and don’t need any fuel or power whatsoever.
The Greenworks 25062 provides all of the advantages of a manual reel mower as well as a few more. It has a wide cutting reel with five durable steel cutting blades and large wheels as well as stabilizing rear wheels for easier maneuverability. A rear grass catcher is included in the initial purchase price. And it is very affordable and comes with a four year warranty, which is double the industry standard.
The adage that you get what you pay for is almost always true – almost. With the Greenworks 25062, you are getting much more than you pay for. This lawn mower is one of the most inexpensive ones you can find today, and it does not sacrifice quality performance, accessories, or durability for price. It has a wide cutting reel with durable steel blades, convenient grass catcher included, and it’s easy to use and maintain. You get all of this for a very competitive price, and in addition to that the lawn mower comes with a four year warranty, which is twice the industry standard, so if you do encounter any problems, Greenworks will be right there to help you out. This is a great manual reel mower for smaller yards at a very good price.