Generac 5993 Review
|(Rated: 4.6 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Commercial Pressure Washer, Best Gas Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Commercial Pressure Washer Reviews, Gas Pressure Washer Reviews, Generac, Generac Pressure Washers, Pressure Washer Reviews,|
Whether you are a small business subcontractor looking for a great way to shave hours off of your projects or simply a homeowner looking for a powerful cleaning too that you can count on to get all kinds of different cleanup jobs done quickly and efficiently, a commercial pressure washer can be exactly what you need. These tools have the kind of powerful engines, state of the art pump systems and robust design that makes them long lasting and well equipped to handle a variety of jobs easily.
They have higher pressures and flow rates than residential pressure washers. They are made of much more durable parts, and have engines that can power them for hours at a time. With a commercial pressure washer like the Generac 5993 on your side – whether it is in your garage at home or in your work truck – there is no limit to what you can do.
The Generac 5993 is the kind of high quality commercial pressure washer that you want on your side when you have a difficult cleanup job to take care of. Not only does it have a powerful engine and a high quality pump, it is designed to stand up to tough conditions over the long term. This commercial pressure washer has a lot to offer, as you will soon see.
The cleaning power rating on the Generac 5993 is a very respectable 8680. Not only is this above average for a commercial pressure washer, it simply blows away even the highest cleaning power ratings on the most powerful residential pressure washers.
That means that not only is there no limit to what the Generac 5993 can do for you around the house, it will also stand up to any number of tasks on the average job site. Whether you are a homeowner looking for a pressure washer you can always count on, or you own your own landscaping, house painting, or remodeling business, this is the kind of machine you want. It is backed up by a three year warranty in an industry in which the standard is one. This is a solid commercial pressure washer.
The Generac 5993 is a commercial pressure washer with dimensions of 25 x 26 x 30 inches that weighs 113 pounds. It has a Generac engine with a displacement of 212 cc and professional-grade triplex pumps. The pumps provide a pressure of 3100 PSI and a flow rate of 2.8 gallons per minute.
|Dimensions||25 x 26 x 30|
|Spray Gun||Professional grade|
|Nozzle||5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||3/8-inch x 35-foot|
|Hose Material||Steel reinforced, non-marring rubber|
|Wheels||10-inch never flat|
With the Generac 5993, you are getting a very robust machine. It has a power rating of 8680 and provides a high pressure cold water spray through its professional grade spray gun. It has five nozzle settings so you are always getting the right pressure. Its hose and wheels are tough, and it has a three year warranty.
Setting up the Generac 5993 is a piece of cake: it comes almost completely assembled, with oil already added to the engine. All you have to do is attach the hose and select the nozzle you want to use, fill up the gas tank and add oil to the engine, and you are ready to go. And once you get going, you are going to be pleasantly surprised by how powerful this commercial pressure washer is. If you select the highest power nozzle – zero degrees – you will get a very powerful spray of water that can cut through just about any dirt or stains you could point it at.
And in addition, there are four other nozzles of varying pressures. So if you are using it on more delicate residential tasks, such as washing your windows or car, you can select exactly the right pressure to make sure you are getting a great clean without damaging the underlying surface with too powerful of a spray. There is also a very convenient soap dispenser option so you can use detergent to cut through tough stains without using a high pressure spray.
Generac really seems to have thought of just about everything with this commercial pressure washer. The overall design of the 5993 makes it a very tough, robust machine that will stand up to repeated use over the long term. Its parts are made of welded steel, and it has triplex pump with ceramic coating that will allow it to consistently provide lots of high pressure sprays for the long term. Its hose is made of steel reinforced rubber, and it has 10 inch high, Never Flat tires. And best of all, the entire machine is covered by a three year warranty, so you won’t have to worry about anything breaking down.
The Generac 5993 is the kind of well designed commercial pressure washer that is versatile enough that you can apply it both to tough conditions on job sites or for more easygoing tasks around the house. It has great features, and these are what make it really shine. All of its Pros really come together to make this an all around excellent commercial pressure washer. It is powerful, robust, and well designed.
- Excellent PSI and flow rate : The PSI and flow rate are two of the most important things to look at when you are trying to decide which pressure washer is the right one for you. These are the two specs that are going to determine, more than any others, exactly how well the machine will perform. The Generac 5993 has a PSI of 3100 and a flow rate of 2.8 gallons per minute, so you know it will provide the power you need.
- Pump designed for long life : The pump on the Generac 5993 is a professional grade triplex pump designed to provide state of the art pressure over the long term. A triplex pump is the best kind you can find on a pressure washer today: it has fewer moving parts and a smaller footprint to provide more power in a smaller space. And its pistons are coated with ceramic to protect its internal moving parts and guarantee a much longer life.
- Powerful Generac 212 cc engine : The engine on the 5993 is designed in house by Generac, so you know it will be well integrated into the machine. And it is designed not only to provide lots of power – which is apparent from the 212 cc displacement – but also to be long lasting. The OHV engine comes with a low-oil shutdown feature, so you will never have to worry about damaging the engine. That way, the engine is protected for the long term.
- High quality hose and wand : The important parts of a commercial pressure washer are not just those that are under the hood: the external parts should be well designed and durable as well. On the Generac 5993, the hose and spray want are also outstanding. The hose is designed from steel reinforced, non-marring rubber so it can hold up to tough conditions longer. And the spray gun is professional grade, with an adjustable side handle for a much more comfortable grip.
- Five spray nozzle options : For a commercial pressure washer to be as effective as possible under a variety of conditions, you need lots of options. With the Generac 5993, you get five spray nozzle options, ranging from the high pressure blast of the zero degree nozzle to the gentler spray of the forty degree one. In addition, there is a convenient soap dispenser option for use on jobs that will require a detergent to cut through the toughest stains.
These Pros are the kind of features you want on a commercial pressure washer. Not only does the Generac have the kind of outstanding engine and pump that can provide high PSI and flow rate – it is also made of durable parts and has great design notes to make it easy to use. Taken together, these Pros make the Generac 5993 an excellent commercial pressure washer not just for use on job sites, but around the house as well.
There is no question about it: the Generac 5993 is a great commercial pressure washer with lots of outstanding features. It comes as a bit of a surprise, then, that there are a few areas in which this machine is not quite perfect. I do not think any of these drawbacks are the kind that really take away too much from the excellent Pros the Generac 3993 has to offer, but they still bear mentioning.
- Non-CARB compliant : For starters, the Generac 5993 produces a lot of emissions – as do many commercial, gas powered residential pressure washers. But unfortunately this makes it not compliant with the emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board. This means, of course, that users cannot purchase it in California or any of the other 14 states that enforce these rules. This is really a shame, because the Generac 5993 is such a great machine that everyone should get to use.
- Cold water spray only : This is the only Con that I really consider a drawback to the Generac 5993. On a commercial pressure washer, one of the perks that makes it unique to residential models is the fact that you often have an option to use a hot water spray. On the Generac this is not the case. While it is of course true that the high pressure and soap dispenser make it unnecessary, it is nice to have options.
- Parts are hard to replace : While it is great to have an engine that is made by Generac – because you know it is going to be well-integrated into the overall design of the machine – it does have limitations. Specifically, because it is such a unique engine, replacement parts will be harder to find than for a more generalized engine like one made by Honda or Kohler. Now, I do not expect you will need to replace parts, but should you, this could be an issue.
- It is a bit heavy : It is not uncommon for a commercial pressure washer with a very powerful engine and a high-pressure pump to weigh a bit more than a residential pressure washer. But at 113 pounds, the Generac 5993 is not just bulky, it is downright heavy. Work crews should not have a problem with this weight, but if you are buying it for use around your home, you should take a minute to consider if you can handle this weight.
- Engine requires some maintenance : This is not so much a Con as it is just a general word of advice. Combustion engines are always going to need a bit more maintenance than electric motors do. They have more working parts, and you will have to occasionally replace a spark plug or air filter, and change the oil periodically to keep them running well. Most users should have no problem whatsoever with this, but it is still good to know.
As I said at the beginning of this section, I do not consider any of these Cons to be the kind of serious drawbacks that would take away too much from the superlative Pros that the Generac 5993 has to offer its owner. Most of them are just part of what you expect when you are getting a gas pressure washer. Frankly I do not think any of them are a reason not to buy it.
The fact is that you cannot know everything about whether or not you should buy a product just from Pros & Cons lists by themselves, although they are great tools. Even better is when you use them in tandem with a thorough product comparison, so you can get an idea about how a particular product stacks up to those made by its competitors. The following table compares the specs of the Generac 5993 with those of two of its competitors.
|Briggs & Stratton
|Dimensions||25 x 26 x 30||21 x 24 x 27||25 x 22 x 24|
|Engine Manufacturer||Generac||Briggs & Stratton||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||212cc OHV||675 Series 190cc OHV||190cc OHV|
|Pump||Triplex pump||Axial cam||Axial cam|
|Spray Gun||Professional grade||Ergonomic||Pro-style|
|Nozzle||5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)||3 (0°, 25°, soap)||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||3/8-inch x 35-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 30-foot|
|Hose Material||Steel reinforced, non-marring rubber||PVC/plastic||PVC/plastic|
|Wheels||10-inch never flat||8-inch never flat||10-inch pneumatic|
|Weight||113 pounds||53.6 pounds||63 pounds|
|Warranty||3 years||1 year||1 year|
Even if you are shopping for a residential model, you can see why buying something like the Generac 5993 offers so much more. It has the highest PSI and flow rate of the three machines, as well as the most powerful engine. It has more nozzle options, which helps around the home as well as on the job. And its parts are made of the kind of more durable materials that are always a plus.
Shopping for a new pressure washer is not an easy task – you want to make absolutely sure you are getting the right one for your needs. Because of that, you should shop carefully and consider everything. With that in mind, let’s take another look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Excellent PSI and flow rate.
- Pump designed for long life.
- Powerful Generac 212 cc engine.
- High quality hose and wand.
- Five spray nozzle options.
With its high PSI and flow rate, the Generac 5993 will be able to tackle anything you could throw at it. And it has the kind of excellent pump and powerful engine you can count on over the long term. Its hose and wand are well designed and durable, and it has plenty of options.
- Non-CARB compliant.
- Cold water spray only.
- Parts are hard to replace.
- It is a bit heavy.
- Engine requires some maintenance.
I really do not consider any of these Cons to be the kind of serious drawbacks that could really take away anything from all of the great Pros the Generac 5993 has to offer. The fact that it’s non-CARB compliant is the real drawback, because it means some users can’t have access to it.
When you are looking for a new pressure washer, whether you want it to use on a job site or around the house, there are two important things to consider: its cleaning power rating, and the options it provides. The Generac 5993 has the kind of very high pressure and flow rate that will allow it to tackle even the toughest cleaning jobs. But it also has a wide range of pressure options so you can use it on delicate cleaning projects around the house.
Overall, the Generac 5993 is the kind of extremely tough, versatile machine that can be applied to all kinds of different jobs. It has quality design and durable parts, and you will be able to count on it over the long term. Regardless of who you are or what you are looking for in a pressure washer, this one may be the best for you.
There are no two ways around it. The Generac 5993 is not the cheapest pressure washer on the market. But a long time ago, I learned that you get what you pay for the hard way – and I am sure that you do not want to make that kind of mistake; otherwise why would you be carefully reading reviews? The Generac 5993 will not disappoint – as a point of fact, it will definitely hold up over the long term and be money very well spent. If you want a product you can rely for years to come, then this is the machine for you.