AR Blue Clean AR240 Review
|(Rated: 4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: AR Blue Clean, AR Blue Clean Pressure Washers, Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
Trying to deal with all of the work that goes into owning and maintaining the average home can be nearly overwhelming at times. Owning your own home is not for the lazy: there never seems to be an end to all of the different projects that can go into it. While some of them are jobs that can’t really be made a whole lot easier, not all of them are. One area in which you can save a lot of time and effort is in keeping your property clean. Washing windows and siding, scouring decks and sidewalks, and cleaning lawn furniture, grills, and even your car are all jobs that can be made a lot easier with the right pressure washer. A pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR240 is going to be able to knock out big jobs as well as small ones faster and with less work on your part than ever before.
With a two-wheel electric pressure washer in your tool kit, there is almost no limit to the different applications you will be able to find for it. A model like the AR Blue Clean AR240 is built to provide you with the highest level of convenience and performance. You will be able to rely on this pressure washer to tackle everything from the smallest to the biggest jobs easily, and once you get used to using it, you won’t want to stop. It can make big jobs so much easier and help you finish cleanup chores so much more quickly than ever before that you will soon find yourself eagerly looking for new uses for it.
The AR Blue Clean AR240 is designed to provide decent cleaning power in a more compact and lightweight package than most other two-wheeled pressure washers can. That means it will be much easier to take it with you wherever you may need to use it, and finding enough storage space for it will also be a breeze. And because the AR Blue Clean AR240 is built out of components that are made to last, you can rely on this pressure washer to take on big jobs for many years.
The AR Blue Clean AR240 is a two-wheel electric residential pressure washer that weighs 21 pounds and has dimensions of 11.2 x 12.2 x 18 inches. It has a 120 Volt / 60 Hertz motor and a three axial-piston wobble-plate pump that provides a maximum pressure of 1750 PSI.
|Dimensions||11.2 x 12.2 x 18|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz (induction)|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Foam dispenser|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
The AR Blue Clean AR240 has a flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute, giving it a cleaning power rating of 2625 units. It provides a cold water spray through its ergonomic spray gun with adjustable jet nozzle and foam dispenser unit. Its hose is 20 feet long and made of PVC plastic, and its power cord is 30 feet long.
With a good residential pressure washer, you want to be sure you are getting two important areas covered: its overall cleaning power rating and its ease of use. A higher cleaning power rating means that you will be able to use it to take on bigger and tougher jobs, but if the pressure washer is not easy to operate, it will not be saving you a whole lot of time or effort. With the AR Blue Clean AR240, you are getting a machine that scores high marks in both areas. Not only does this pressure washer pack a decent PSI and flow rate into a smaller and lighter model than most – it’s also very easy to assemble and operate.
Unlike a lot of other residential pressure washers that require you to swap out one nozzle for another to get the pressure level you need for different kinds of jobs, the AR Blue Clean AR240 has an adjustable spray nozzle that lets you dial up the PSI level while you are working. That means that you won’t have to stop to change the pressure, and also that you will be able to select exactly the right level of cleaning power for whatever job you are working on.
The AR Blue Clean AR240 also comes with a convenient foam dispenser that allows you to include detergent in the cold water spray. That way, if you are dealing with a tougher stain that is not water soluble, you can blast it out quickly and easily. You can also include soap for washing your car or windows, and easily switch from one kind of soap to another, or back to a rinse mode. The AR Blue Clean AR240 is a well designed residential pressure washer that has everything you need to tackle big jobs fast.
There are a lot of great features on the AR Blue Clean AR240 that combine to help make it one of the better compact residential pressure washers in its price range. The AR Blue Clean AR240 has a great pump design that allows it to remain fairly compact while still delivering the pressure you need for tough jobs. It’s very easy to assemble and operate, and it’s made from materials that are going to last over the long haul.
- Superior pump design : The AR Blue Clean AR240 has a three axial-piston wobble plate pump, which is a cut above what a lot of electric residential pressure washers have today. This kind of pump is designed to provide a higher pressure spray while taking up a smaller footprint than other designs. That means that you will be getting the kind of serious cleaning power rating you need for big jobs in a machine that doesn’t take up as much room as others.
- Smaller than most in its class : The pump design does not just allow the AR Blue Clean AR240 to be smaller than a lot of other residential pressure washers, but more lightweight as well. That means that it will be easier to find a spot to store it when you’re not using it – even if your garage is packed full of garden tools, like mine is. And it’s light enough that you will be able to easily take it with you wherever you need to use it – even if that’s to the top of a ladder for high up jobs.
- Very easy to operate : A pressure washer is only going to be as convenient to use as it is easy to operate. Pressure washers that have complicated control panels or hard to follow instruction manuals really won’t be able to save to a lot of time in the long run, and can even present more problems than they can solve. The AR Blue Clean AR240 is designed to be as user friendly and convenient as possible.
- Built to last : The AR Blue Clean AR240 has an induction motor and a stainless steel pump, both of which were selected because they will be able to provide long-term, reliable service without ever needing any maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Because of that, the AR Blue Clean AR240 has a working life that is hundreds of hours longer than the average pressure washer in its class. It may even be the last pressure washer you ever need to buy.
- Great for residential use : The AR Blue Clean AR240 is the perfect pressure washer for residential use. It will be able to take care of all of the different kinds of jobs you can find for it around and even inside the house. Because it doesn’t produce any emissions and is so small and light, you can literally take it anywhere you need to use it, provided there is a power source and good drainage. That means you can use it on virtually any job that will present itself.
With all of these great features, it is clear why the AR Blue Clean AR240 is one of the better pressure washers for residential use. It’s built to be long lasting, designed to be easy to use, and provides the kind of cleaning power that you will need to take care of lots of jobs around the house. Best of all, you are getting all of that at one of the more competitive prices you can find for a machine in its class.
Now, even though the AR Blue Clean AR240 has some of the best features you can find on an electric residential pressure washer, there are a few areas in which it is not quite perfect. But overall these tend to either be fairly common issues to electric pressure washers as a whole or else so minor that they do not really take away anything from all of its great Pros. Still, I think they are worth discussing.
- Intake hose coupling may leak : On most electric pressure washers like the AR Blue Clean AR240, the intake hose coupling is made of plastic. In most cases this will not present much of a problem, but occasionally – and especially after a lot of use – the threads may get worn down and develop leaks. While this doesn’t hugely affect the performance of the pressure washer, a brass coupling would be better. You can always replace the coupling for a brass one yourself, but you shouldn’t have to.
- Assembly instructions leave a bit to be desired : The AR Blue Clean AR240 does not need a lot of assembly, which is fortunate, because the instructions are not the clearest I have ever read. Still, with a bit of patience, you should be able to figure it out pretty quickly. And if you still have problems, the customer support for AR Blue Clean is really great, and will be glad to help you through the assembly process.
- Attachment storage could be improved : There are a few parts on the AR Blue Clean AR240 that are designed to hold attachments such as the power cord, hose, soap dispenser and spray gun. While this is certainly convenient and helps to ensure that everything is in one spot when you need it, the design could be improved slightly for more secure storage. At the same time, this is not a performance issue, and overall it isn’t a huge problem in the long run.
- PSI could be higher : On any electric pressure washer, it often seems like the PSI could be slightly higher, and this is certainly the case on the AR Blue Clean AR240. With a max pressure of 1750 PSI, it is slightly below the industry average for this kind of pressure washer. I would like to see at least another 50, and preferably a couple hundred more PSI. That would really help to kick the AR Blue Clean AR240 up a few notches and make it one of the best models on the market today.
- Hose could be longer : The hose on the AR Blue Clean AR240 is made from PVC plastic, which is not the easiest material to work with because it tends to be rather stiff and hard to uncoil fully. But the hose is also only 20 feet long, and I definitely think that it could stand to be a bit longer, especially because the hose is so stiff. With such a short hose your range of motion around the pressure washer is a bit limited. While this isn’t a big problem, it can be annoying when you are working on big jobs.
As you can see, the AR Blue Clean AR240is not plagued with the kind of design problems or manufacturing oversights that really take away anything from all of its great Pros. While a few areas could definitely stand to see a bit of minor improvements, overall I think that it remains a solid residential pressure washer. Its superior pump design and solid materials ensure that it has everything it takes for a long life of cleaning up tough stains.
As any savvy shopper knows all too well, the only way to really find out whether a particular product like the AR Blue Clean AR240 is the best one for you is by comparing it to other models made by the competition. Comparison shopping is the best way to protect yourself and make sure that you are definitely getting the best model for your needs. Let’s take a look at some of the product specs on the AR Blue Clean AR240 and two similar machines.
|AR Blue Clean
|Dimensions||11.2 x 12.2 x 18||15.5x16x35||13x11x31|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz
|120 V / 60 Hz / 14 Amp||120 V / 60 Hz / 14 Amp|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
|Weight||21 pounds||32 pounds||28 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
The AR Blue Clean AR240 is the lightest and most compact of the three pressure washers, and it’s the only one with a 3 axial-piston wobble-plate pump. But because the other two models have slightly higher max PSIs, the overall cleaning power rating on the AR Blue Clean AR240 is the lowest of the three. In all other categories, the three machines are nearly identical.
The AR Blue Clean AR240 is able to provide a cleaning power rating that is close to that on much bulkier and heavier machines, and it has a lot of great features that make it a solid pressure washer. But before we wrap up the review, I’d like to quickly review the Pros and Cons one last time.
- Superior pump design.
- Smaller than most in its class.
- Very easy to operate.
- Built to last.
- Great for residential use.
With a superior pump design that gives the AR Blue Clean AR240 the ability to provide a solid cleaning power rating in a compact, lightweight design, it’s one of the more convenient models in its class. It is built from solid parts that will last a long time, and it’s ready to tackle lots of jobs around the home.
- Intake hose coupling may leak.
- Assembly instructions leave a bit to be desired.
- Attachment storage could be improved.
- PSI could be higher.
- Hose could be longer.
Most of the issues I found on the AR Blue Clean AR240 are either quite common to pressure washers in its class or else so minor that they almost did not warrant mentioning. Overall I don’t think there are any serious design flaws on the AR Blue Clean AR240 that could take away from all of the great Pros.
On any pressure washer, you are looking for ease of use and cleaning power above all other concerns. These machines should be designed to make sure that you are actually saving time and energy while using them. And the only way they can definitely do that is by having an easy to operate user interface, solid design and parts, and the ability to offer a solid PSI and flow rate for tackling tough, hard to clean stains. On the AR Blue Clean AR240, this is exactly what you are going to be getting. It has a great design that makes it easier to use, more portable, and easier to store than other pressure washers. But it also provides the kind of serious cleaning power rating that can ensure that you will always be able to take on the toughest stains out there quickly and easily. This is a solid residential pressure washer.
Owning a new pressure washer can often seem like a luxury. A lot of these machines seem to be more expensive than they’re worth, and more frugal homeowners may be tempted to use their own elbow grease – which is free – before spending hundreds of dollars on a new pressure washer. But with the AR Blue Clean AR240, you are getting all of the cleaning power that you need in a compact, easy to use machine that is also very competitively priced. The AR Blue Clean AR240 is a great pressure washer at an even better price. It’s priced well below average for its class, making it affordable for anyone.