Toro Power Clear 621R Review
Toro Power Clear 621R
|(Rated: 3.7 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Single-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Gas Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Reviews, Toro, Toro Snow Blowers,|
A snow blower can be your best friend when winter drops a heavy accumulation of snow on your area. You do not want to be struggling to get your driveway clear in subzero temperatures the old fashioned way – with a shovel. This can take far too much time and leave your back aching and shoulders sore for days after you’re finished.
But you do not necessarily want a big, hulking two stage snow blower – especially if you have an average sized, paved driveway to keep clear. A compact single stage snow blower like the Toro Power Clear 621R is perfect for that kind of situation. The Toro Power Clear 621R can clear all the way down to the surface of the pavement, so you do not have to put down rock salt when you are finished. And it is compact enough to easily find space for it in your garage.
The Toro Power Clear 621R is the perfect single stage snow blower for use on paved driveways and sidewalks, and it is able to handle moderate snow fall at an impressive rate. The Toro Power Clear 621R can clear up to nine hundred pounds of snow per minute under the right conditions, which means that even with a relatively high accumulation of snow you can get your driveway clear faster than ever. The Toro Power Clear 621R clears all the way down to the surface of the driveway, so you won’t have to worry about leaving a layer of snow behind when you’re finished with the job.
The Toro Power Clear 621R has a remarkably wide clearance, especially when you consider its overall dimensions, which are small enough that you could easily store it under a work bench in your tool shed. The clearance width on the Toro Power Clear 621R is nearly two feet wide, which means you will be able to clear a walkway in just one or two passes. Your driveway won’t take too many more passes, either – which means you will be finished with the job more quickly. And what few drawbacks the Toro Power Clear 621R has are not particularly serious. Overall this is a great snow blower.
The Toro Power Clear 621R is a gas powered singles stage snow blower that weighs 95 pounds and has compact overall dimensions. It has a Toro-made engine that has a displacement of 163 cubic centimeters. The engine allows the Toro Power Clear 621R to support an auger that is 21 inches wide.
|Dimensions||22 x 29 x 23 inches|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||21 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||10 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 900 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
Because of its wide auger, the Toro Power Clear 621R can clear up to 900 pounds of snow per minute and throw it up to 25 feet away through its snow chute, which rotates 180 degrees. The Toro Power Clear 621R has a snow cut depth of up to ten inches. It comes with a 2 year warranty that includes guaranteed starts.
As soon as you get the Toro Power Clear 621R assembled – a process that takes only a few minutes, since it arrives from the manufacturer almost completely put together – you can tell that you have a quality snow blower on your hands. With its sleek, compact design and extra wide auger, this is a snow blower that is made to take care of tough, big jobs quickly and efficiently. It is not a big, bulky snow blower with lots of unnecessary accessories and add-on features that do not help clear snow so much as they drive up prices. But it has everything you need to take care of moderate amounts of snow fall fast.
The Toro Power Clear 621R may be compact and lightweight, but it still supports a clearance width that is well above average for single stage snow blowers. And it has a snow cut depth that will be high enough to take care of all but the most serious accumulations. At ten inches, the intake on the Toro Power Clear 621R can handle the vast majority of winter storms without batting an eye. Between its wide clearance and high snow cut depth, the Toro Power Clear 621R can clear an impressive amount of snow every minute, and it can throw that snow far enough to have your driveway clear faster than ever.
You do not have to spend a lot of money to get a quality snow blower that will serve your needs well this winter – but you do have to find the right one for your needs. The Toro Power Clear 621R is just that kind of snow blower. It’s competitively priced, yet it has everything you need to keep your driveway and sidewalks clear of snow all winter long. This is a high performance single stage snow blower that starts reliably every time and clears all the way down to the pavement. It’s what you want in your garage when winter really starts hitting hard.
The Toro Power Clear 621R really has a lot to offer its owner. This is a great little snow blower that is designed to take care of big jobs quickly so that you can get back indoors and warm up sooner. It boasts an extra wide clearance, but overall it is not so big that it will be hard to find space for it in the garage. It’s guaranteed to start right up every time – and it clears all the way down to the pavement.
- Compact and lightweight : Unlike many single stage snow blowers with comparable clearance widths, the Toro Power Clear 621R is not an overly big, bulky machine. That will be good news for anyone who has a garage or tool shed that is full of gardening tools and appliances, like mine is. You can even store it underneath a work bench. It also means that it will be easier to maneuver around your driveway, since it does not weigh too much.
- 21 inch clearing width : A 21 inch clearing width is pretty impressive for a single stage snow blower these days. It’s well above average, and it means that you will be able to finish clearing your driveway in fewer passes with the Toro Power Clear 621R than you could with a smaller model. You will be able to clear a passable walkway in just one or two passes, and dig out your driveway in just a few more.
- Starts reliably every time : One of the best features on the Toro Power Clear 621R is the fact that it is guaranteed to start reliably every single time you use it – Toro even includes this as a condition of their two year warranty. All you have to do is squeeze the choke, pull the recoil starter cord, and the Toro Power Clear 621R will start right up in one or two tries. On cold mornings, that’s what you need to get the job done more quickly.
- Clears down to the pavement : There are plenty of snow blowers out there that claim to get the job done right the first time, but either end up kicking snow out the back of the machine, or leaving a thin layer of snow behind. This is not the case with the Toro Power Clear 621R: it clears snow all the way down to the pavement, leaving none behind. You get the job done right the first time with this snow blower.
- Pulls itself through snow well : While you would not have any difficulty pushing the Toro Power Clear 621R through the snow under your own power, since it is so lightweight, the snow blower’s auger helps to propel it for you. That means that all you have to do is gently steer the Toro Power Clear 621R in the right direction, and the machine does the rest of the work for you. No more struggling to wrestle your snow blower through deep drifts.
As you can see, there is a lot to like on the Toro Power Clear 621R. This is a snow blower that is designed to take care of the average suburban driveway and sidewalks quickly, and it has a high enough snow cut depth that it will be able to take care of moderately heavy snow fall without any problems. If you expect to be clearing a lot of snow from your property this winter, this is the snow blower for you.
The Toro Power Clear 621R definitely has a lot of great features – but at the same time, there are a few areas that do have room for improvement. This is a snow blower designed for taking care of moderate snow fall in average sized driveways, so under the wrong conditions it isn’t going to perform optimally. But overall I still think the Toro Power Clear 621R is a solid snow blower for clearing suburban properties.
- Doesn’t throw snow very far : The Toro Power Clear 621R only throws snow a maximum of 25 feet, which depending on your driveway’s dimensions may not quite be far enough. For most users, this should be plenty, and since the snow chute rotates a full 180 degrees you will be able to find a clearing pattern that does not require you to have to go over the same snow more than once. Still, a few more feet would be nice.
- Wheels are rather small : The wheels on the Toro Power Clear 621R are compact and made of composite plastic. As a result, it is difficult to push the snow blower over hard packed snow unless the auger is being engaged, and it is particularly hard to pull it backwards over snowy ground. But on the other hand, once you do start the Toro Power Clear 621R up, the auger does a lot of the work of propelling it.
- May struggle with wetter snow : Like many other single stage snow blowers, the Toro Power Clear 621R may have some difficulty getting through wet, heavier snow as fast as it can deal with light, powdery snow. It also may have trouble throwing wetter snow the full 25 feet. Because of that, whenever you can I recommend clearing snow as soon as it has fallen, while it is still relatively fresh and light. Otherwise it may take longer than you would like.
- Requires frequent oil changes : You may find that you have to change the oil on the Toro Power Clear 621R more often than you would like. After just two or three hours of use, the oil will probably have to be changed: depending on how big your driveway is and how long your sidewalks are, this could be as often as once every four or five uses. Fortunately, changing the oil is not at all difficult and can be done quickly.
- Difficult to use on uneven ground : When you are using the Toro Power Clear 621R on uneven sections of pavement – either on settling or uneven panels of concrete – it can be a bit rough and jarring. This is in part because the wheels are so compact, but it is also a common feature of single stage snow blowers, since they make contact with the surface of the ground. But if you know where your driveway is uneven, you won’t be surprised by bumps.
Overall, the Toro Power Clear 621R does not present any of the serious issues that some single stage snow blowers have. It is going to be able to reliable clear moderate snow fall all the way down to the pavement, and its clearance is wide enough that you should have no problem taking care of a big driveway fast. In spite of the drawbacks it does present, I still think this is a solid snow blower.
The Toro Power Clear 621R clearly has a lot to offer its owner – but in order to determine whether this snow blower is definitely the right one for your needs, I recommend doing a bit of comparison shopping. That way, you can see how it stacks up to models made by the competition. The table below compares the Toro Power Clear 621R with two similar models so you can get a good idea of how it ranks.
|Toro Power Clear|
|Dimensions||22 x 29 x 23 inches||31.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 inches||26 x 20 x 21.5 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Recoil|
|Engine Manufacturer||Toro||Briggs & Stratton||Warrior Tools|
|Engine||163 cc||190 cc – OHV||87 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Clearing Width||21 inches||21 inches||20 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||10 inches||10 inches||12 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 900 pounds||Up to 900 pounds||Up to 900 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet||Up to 30 feet||Up to 20 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 200°||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Weight||95 pounds||97 pounds||70.4 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Toro Power Clear 621R is quite comparable to other single stage snow blowers: it rates quite well in terms of clearance width, snow cut depth and engine size. It may not be the most heavy duty snow blower on the market, but it is also compact and well designed, and it has an above average snow clearance capacity in terms of pounds per minute. Overall I think it’s one of the better machines.
Your snow blower is going to have to be relied upon under some pretty adverse conditions, so you want to be sure you are getting the best one for you. With that in mind, I think it is a good idea to take another look at the Pros and Cons lists, just to be sure.
- Compact and lightweight.
- 21 inch clearing width.
- Starts reliably every time.
- Clears down to the pavement.
- Pulls itself through snow well.
The Toro Power Clear 621R is a lightweight, compact snow blower – but it still boasts one of the biggest clearing widths you can find on a single stage snow blower today. It starts reliably even in freezing temperatures, and clears all the way down to the pavement.
- Doesn’t throw snow very far.
- Wheels are rather small.
- May struggle with wetter snow.
- Requires frequent oil changes.
- Difficult to use on uneven ground.
Those drawbacks that the Toro Power Clear 621R does present aren’t terribly serious, in my opinion: several of these are common issues on single stage snow blowers. And the others are very easy to deal with. Overall I think these do not take away significantly from all of the great Pros the Toro Power Clear 621R has to offer.
The Toro Power Clear 621R is the kind of reliable snow blower you need in order to get through a tough winter while keeping your driveway and sidewalks clear of snow without having to do too much work. It has the kind of extra wide clearance that will allow you to finish the job quickly, and while it is a manual push design, its auger helps to do a lot of the work of propelling the snow blower through deep snow.
This is a snow blower that packs a lot of clearing capacity into a fairly small footprint. When serious snow storms start dropping real accumulations in your area, you want to have a snow blower like the Toro Power Clear 621R in your garage. And because it is so affordably priced, you can get it without breaking the bank. The Toro Power Clear 621R is a great little snow blower that will reliably get the job done every time.
One of the best features of the Toro Power Clear 621R is the fact that it is so competitively priced. This is a snow bower that is designed for homeowners who may be on a budget – but unlike a lot of inexpensive snow blowers, it is not poorly made. It has durable composite plastic parts and a high snow clearing capacity. So you get all of the benefits of a gas powered single stage snow blower without having to shell out a lot of money to enjoy them. The Toro Power Clear 621R is a very fairly priced snow blower that provides lots of snow clearing power without taxing your wallet too much.
Toro Power Clear 621R