Snow Joe SJ622E Review
Exclusive Offer Snow Joe SJ622E
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Electric Snow Blower Reviews, Snow Blower Reviews, Snow Joe, Snow Joe Snow Blowers,|
An electric snow blower is a great alternative both to clearing snow by hand with a shovel and to using a big, environmentally unfriendly gas powered snow blower. If like most Americans you own a suburban property with a an average sized, paved driveway – and you do not get huge winter blizzards that drop several feet at once – a single stage electric snow blower can be perfect for you.
But not all electric single stage snow blowers can offer the kind of serious snow clearing power you need, and some are not real alternatives to gas powered models. You need an electric snow blower that can offer the kind of extra wide clearance and high snow cut depth that will allow you to rely on it all winter long, even in the face of serious snow fall. The Snow Joe SJ622E is just that kind of snow blower. It is a great alternative to gas powered models.
Snow Joe is a manufacturer that makes gas as well as electric snow blowers, so they are well aware of what you need in a single stage model, regardless of the power source you choose for it. Their electric snow blowers, like the Snow Joe SJ622E, are state of the art machines that have all of the power and snow clearing capacity you need. And the Snow Joe SJ622E is one of the best models they produce. It has a wider clearance that you would usually expect to find on an electric single stage snow blower, and it has a high snow cut depth.
That means you will be able to get your driveway clear in fewer passes, and you will always be prepared for the worst winter storms – even if they drop close to a foot of snow in your area. You want to be able to count on your snow blower to get the job done quickly and efficiently, and with a model like the Snow Joe SJ622E you can. This snow blower has a high snow removal capacity per minute and a powerful motor that will last for hundreds of hours of use under tough conditions. The Snow Joe SJ622E is a solid snow blower.
The Snow Joe SJ622E is an electric single stage snow blower that weighs just 31.8 pounds and has a compact overall footprint. It has a powerful 15 amp motor that supports an extra wide auger and high snow cut depth. With the Snow Joe SJ622E, you can clear up to 700 pounds of snow per minute.
|Dimensions||45 x 19 x 38 inches|
|Clearing Width||18 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||10 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 700 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet|
|Chute Control||Handle 180°|
The Snow Joe SJ622E can throw that snow up to 25 feet away through its snow chute, which rotates a full 180 degrees for maximum efficiency. It is a manual push design with auger propulsion assistance. It has an ergonomically designed handle and compact wheels. It comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty.
When you get the Snow Joe SJ622E out of its box, you will be pleasantly surprised by how little assembly it needs to get it ready for use. It comes almost completely put together, and all you have to do is attach the snow chute and handle, and you are all set. This snow blower will not need gas or oil to run well: all you have to do is plug it in, and it is ready to start clearing snow from your driveway.
For a single stage electric snow blower, the Snow Joe SJ622E is quite powerful; that much is obvious as soon as you take one look at it. It is a big machine, and it has one of the more powerful motors you can find on an electric snow blower. Because of that it is able to support a much larger intake than other single stage electric snow blowers can. It has a wide auger that will allow you to finish clearing a big area in just a few passes. And its snow cut depth is a lot higher than you can find on most single stage snow blowers, which means the Snow Joe SJ622E will be well equipped to deal with even heavier snow fall.
The Snow Joe SJ622E is ergonomically designed, which will be a welcome relief to anyone who has ever wound up with a sore back and shoulders after clearing their driveway. Best of all, the Snow Joe SJ622E will never produce a single carbon emission while you are using it, and you never have to buy gasoline or change the oil either. It runs very quietly and it is a breeze to operate. All things considered, I would have to say that the Snow Joe SJ622E is one of the best electric single stage snow blowers on the market.
What makes the Snow Joe SJ622E such an outstanding snow blower is all of the great features it is packed with. This snow blower has everything it takes to deal with heavy snow fall on a larger area quickly and efficiently: it has got a powerful motor, extra wide auger and high snow cut depth. The days of struggling with an inefficient gas powered snow blower are over, and you can hang up your shovel for good.
- Powerful 15 amp motor : At 15 amps, the motor on the Snow Joe SJ622E is one of the most powerful ones you can find on an electric single stage snow blower today. That is the main reason this snow blower is able to support such a large intake and clear a higher amount of snow per minute than other single stage snow blowers can. And it also means that it will be able to run under tougher conditions for many more hours.
- Extra wide clearance : The clearance width is one of the most important features to look at on a snow blower. It is what is going to determine how many passes it will take to finish clearing your driveway and sidewalks. A wider clearance means fewer passes, and with the Snow Joe SJ622E you get one of the widest clearances available on single stage snow blowers today – both gas and electric. At eighteen inches, you can clear a sidewalk in just one or two passes, and a driveway in just a few more.
- Environmentally friendly : Unlike a gas powered snow blower, the Snow Joe SJ622E will never produce a single carbon emission at the point of use, and depending on your energy source, can run completely clean. These days, that is an important concern: the amount of pollution that yard machines put into the environment is truly staggering, and any move we can make to reduce that is going to be a good one.
- Runs almost silently : The Snow Joe SJ622E also produces almost no noise when you use it – unlike gas powered single stage snow blowers, which everyone can hear up and down the block. That may not be a huge concern to you. But if you are clearing snow early in the morning before you get your car out to go to work, I can guarantee that your neighbors are going to appreciate it if you are using a model that runs quietly.
- High clearance capacity : The clearance capacity on the Snow Joe SJ622E is well above average for any single stage snow blower, whether you are looking at gas or electric models. At up to 700 pounds, the clearance capacity on this snow blower ensures that you will be able to handle heavy accumulations just as quickly as you can lighter snow fall. The Snow Joe SJ622E will not get slowed down by several extra inches of snow, and can throw that snow up to 25 feet away.
As you can see, the Snow Joe SJ622E is well equipped to deal with a heavy accumulation of snow fall more quickly and efficiently than most other electric single stage snow blowers can. It has everything you need in a single stage snow blower: high snow cut depth and extra wide clearance, as well as a capacity to remove up to 700 pounds of snow per minute. This is a great snow blower that can get the job done.
Even though the Snow Joe SJ622E has a ton of outstanding feature that ensure its ability to deal with heavy accumulations of snow very quickly, there are a few areas in which it is not quite perfect. Still, with its extra wide clearance and powerful motor, it remains a great snow blower to have in your garage this winter, and should be well prepared for anything that comes your way. But let’s take a look at some of its Cons.
- Larger footprint : The Snow Joe SJ622E has a larger overall footprint that many similar electric single stage snow blowers. It is not a small snow blower, which means you may have some difficulty finding a big enough parking space for it in your garage or tool shed. But this is in part due to the fact that it is supporting such a large snow cut depth and clearance width, and it’s a small price to pay for that.
- Needs an extension cord : Of course, all electric snow blowers need an extension cord to operate, but this is not without its drawbacks, and I think it is important to cover them here. With an electric snow blower, you are limited in range by the power cord, and you also have to keep an eye out for it to make sure you don’t accidentally run over it if it is hidden under the snow. Still, you should get used to this quickly.
- May struggle with heavy snow : Heavier snow – that is, slushy, wet snow – is going to present a bit of difficulty for the Snow Joe SJ622E. This is not uncommon among single stage snow blowers, whether they are gas powered or electric, but I think it is important to mention anyway. With heavy snow, the Snow Joe SJ622E won’t be able to throw it the full 25 feet in all cases, and you will probably have to maneuver it around your driveway a bit more slowly.
- Leaves a layer of snow behind : Many single stage snow blowers do not have a scraper bar, which means they will wind up leaving a thin layer of snow behind. The Snow Joe SJ622E has this issue. While it is definitely not a huge problem, since the point is to clear deeper snow that would make walking or driving difficult, it does mean that if you want completely clear pavement you will have to put down a layer of rock salt after you’re done.
- Auger coating can get worn down : The auger on the Snow Joe SJ622E has a rubber coating on it to protect it from the concrete you will be clearing, as well as to keep it safe from uneven ground. While the rubber does its job well, as a result of scraping along the pavement, it may tend to get worn down over time, depending on what kind of surface you are using it on. But this won’t affect the performance of the Snow Joe SJ622E at all.
I think you will agree with me when I say that none of these Cons really presents any of the serious issues that other, subpar snow blowers tend to have. Most of them are common to single stage snow blowers, and those that are particular to the Snow Joe SJ622E will not affect its overall performance or clearing capacity one bit. Overall I think the excellent Pros of the Snow Joe SJ622E more than outweigh any of the Cons.
Pros and Cons lists are one thing: they can certainly tell you a lot about a particular product, but if you want to bet a complete picture of how a given snow blower stacks up to the competition, the very best thing you can do is some comparison shopping. That way, you know if a snow blower like the Snow Joe SJ622E really is the best one for your needs. Let’s take a look at the Snow Joe SJ622E and two similar models.
|Dimensions||45 x 19 x 38 inches||43 x 17 x 35 inches||43 x 17 x 35 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Motor||15 amp||9.7 amp||12 amp|
|Clearing Width||18 inches||16 inches||15 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||10 inches||9 inches||12 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 700 pounds||Up to 500 pounds||Up to 500 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet||Up to 25 feet||Up to 25 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Handle 180°||Manual 180°||Handle 180°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Weight||31.8 pounds||36 pounds||25 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||1 year||2 years|
As you can see, the Snow Joe SJ622E has the most powerful motor of the three snow blowers, and because of that it is able to support a wider auger than they can. It also has a much higher per-minute clearance capacity than either of the other two snow blowers. All three can throw snow up to 25 feet and have comparable snow cut depths. But the Snow Joe SJ622E is going to finish the job much faster than either of the others can.
By now you know just about everything you need to in order to decide whether the Snow Joe SJ622E is the right snow blower for your needs. But in order to be absolutely certain that this is the very best snow blower for you, let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Powerful 15 amp motor.
- Extra wide clearance.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Durable parts.
- High clearance capacity.
With one of the most powerful motors you can find on an electric single stage snow blower, the Snow Joe SJ622E is able to support a wider clearance and high snow cut depth, and it has a higher clearance capacity than other snow blowers in its class. It has everything you need to get the job done.
- Larger footprint.
- Needs an extension cord.
- May struggle with heavy snow.
- Leaves a layer of snow behind.
- Auger coating can get worn down.
What few drawbacks there are to the Snow Joe SJ622E are not terribly serious, in my opinion, and I think you will agree. Most of these issues are common to all electric single stage snow blowers, and none of them can really take away much from all of the great Pros the machine has to offer.
The Snow Joe SJ622E is one of the more outstanding electric single stage snow blowers I have seen, and it really offers a solid alternative to gas powered models. It has a comparable clearance width and snow cut depth to the majority of gas powered single stage snow blowers, and it has a higher per-minute clearance capacity than just about any other electric snow blower.
Not only that, the Snow Joe SJ622E is built from durable materials and has a powerful engine that will run reliably for hundreds of operating hours and last for many years. There are plenty of electric single stage snow blowers out there, but not all of them have the kind of serious ability that the Snow Joe SJ622E does. If you are looking to go electric, this is definitely one of the best options you can find today. It is designed to perform well and built to last.
The price is one of the best parts on the Snow Joe SJ622E. This is one of the more affordable single stage snow blowers on the market today, which is frankly surprising. It has so many great features that I think Snow Joe could certainly charge more for it. But fortunately for consumers, they have chosen to give it one of the most competitive prices you can find on a single stage snow blower. That means that even those homeowners who are on a tight budget should be able to afford it. This is a great snow blower with an outstanding price.
Exclusive Offer Snow Joe SJ622E
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59