Poulan Pro PR627ES Review
Exclusive Offer Poulan Pro PR627ES
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Poulan Pro, Poulan Pro Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Reviews,|
When winter really starts gearing up and bringing heavy snow storms that drop deep accumulations on your area, you do not want to be stuck trying to dig yourself out with just a shovel. But you also do not want to have a snow blower in your garage that is not up to the task. Tough conditions call for a tough, two-stage snow blower that will not have any trouble digging out your driveway quickly and efficiently.
That’s why having a snow blower like the Poulan Pro PR627ES is a great way to be prepared this winter. Poulan Pro is one of the top snow blower manufacturers on the market, and it is obvious why. Their snow blowers have wider clearances and are made of tougher parts than many other models. They are designed to clear snow quickly. And they are built to last. The Poulan Pro PR627ES is the snow blower you need for serious conditions.
The Poulan Pro PR627ES has everything you could need in a tough two-stage snow blower to get big jobs done quickly. It has the kind of extra-wide clearance that will let you finish clearing your driveway in fewer passes. And it has a snow cut depth that is nearly two feet high – and even taller when you factor in the optional drift cutters. That means that no matter how much snow Old Man Winter decides to bring your way, you will always be prepared.
And the Poulan Pro PR627ES has the kind of tough components that ensure it will stand up to big jobs for years to come. It has a high performance auger and a big impeller that allow it to quickly cut through and throw large amounts of snow. It is made of really durable parts, so you never have to worry about it breaking down on you. And it is designed to be more user-friendly than other snow blowers. That means you will never have any trouble operating it. It’s got a serious OHV engine that provides all the power it needs to deal with heavy snow fall easily. All things considered, the Poulan Pro PR627ES is a quality snow blower.
The Poulan Pro PR627ES is a two-stage snow blower that weighs 240 pounds and has a fairly large footprint, but that’s because it is supporting the kind of wide clearance and high snow cut depth needed to tackle big jobs. It has a 208 cc engine that delivers 9 foot-pounds of torque to the machine.
|Dimensions||48 x 23 x 34 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Poulan Pro|
|Engine||208cc – OHV LCT|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||4 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||27 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||23 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 35 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||16-Inch x 5-inch|
The Poulan Pro PR627ES is a self-propelled snow blower with multiple forward and reverse speeds. Its snow chute rotates fully from one side of the machine to the other. And it can throw snow up to a full 35 feet, getting it completely out of the way the first time. It comes with a two-year warranty.
For all of the complexity one would expect a big two-stage snow blower with lots of working parts to have, the Poulan Pro PR627ES sure assembles quickly. Anyone with average household tools can use the easy to follow instructions to put the finishing touches on the snow blower in a matter of less than twenty minutes. Oil is included in the shipping box, so you don’t have to worry about having that on hand. All you have to do once it is put together is gas it up and wait anxiously for the next big snow storm.
And believe me, once you see how the Poulan Pro PR627ES performs under tough conditions, you will find yourself looking forward to snow storms like you never did before. The only person who enjoys a good snow fall more than the owner of a tough snow blower is perhaps an Olympic downhill skier. That is because clearing snow with a powerful machine like the Poulan Pro PR627ES is downright fun. It powers through the deepest drifts in no time, throwing snow a full 35 feet away. With one of these in your garage, clearing deep snow is no longer a hassle – it’s an enjoyable challenge.
This is due in a large part to the fact that the Poulan Pro PR627ES has such a wide clearance, which makes clearing a big area a piece of cake. But it’s also because the snow blower has such a high snow cut depth – at nearly two feet – so you will never be unprepared, no matter how deep the snow gets. These aren’t the only reasons the Poulan Pro PR627ES is so convenient to use. It is also a very user-friendly machine that is designed to make operating it as convenient as possible. With great accessories and durable parts, the Poulan Pro PR627ES really outperforms many similar snow blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR627ES is a snow blower that really has a lot of great features. It is very easy to get it ready to go, and once you put it together, you will clearly see how much snow clearing ability this machine is packing. It’s made of solid parts, and its controls are really easy to get used to. These are the kinds of features that separate decent snow blowers from high performance ones.
- 27 inch clearance width : The 27 inch clearing width is obviously one of the most attractive features on the Poulan Pro PR627ES. That is because whether you are clearing your two-car driveway or digging out a sidewalk, this snow blower will be able to do it more quickly than most. And when it’s cold and nasty outside that is important. You don’t want to spend more than thirty minutes in that kind of weather if you do not have to.
- Quick assembly : A lot of these bigger snow blowers can really be a lot of work to get them put together and set up. They come from the manufacturer half assembled, and the instructions can be difficult to interpret. Occasionally you even need specialized tools to get them assembled! But with the Poulan Pro PR627ES, assembly is quick and painless. The instructions are very easy to follow, and you only need a basic tool set to finish the job.
- High performance auger/impeller : On a two-stage snow blower, the auger and impeller are going to be two of the most important parts. They are the pieces that are doing all of the work of breaking up the snow and throwing it through the snow chute. On the Poulan Pro PR627ES, the auger and impeller are both a foot in diameter. And they are made out of high performance materials that will not get worn out or break down over time.
- Solid parts : Not only are the auger and impeller high performance on the Poulan Pro PR627ES, the rest of the machine is really solidly built as well. Its body is made of durable stamped steel that will hold up to dents or dings. It has massive rear wheels with deep treads that will provide more traction on slippery surfaces. Its snow chute is steel – not plastic like on some models. And its engine is a powerful model made in-house.
- User-friendly controls : Sometimes, two-stage snow blower control panels can seem as complicated as an airplane’s cockpit. There is no reason to pack too many controls onto a snow blower: there are only a few things you want it to do! So it is a relief that the Poulan Pro PR627ES has such a user-friendly control panel. You will quickly see exactly how to operate the snow blower, and once you get it started, you’ll see that as a whole it is very easy to use.
In nearly every single category that really matters, the Poulan Pro PR627ES delivers the kind of solid performance you need from a snow blower. It has the kind of wide clearance that is going to help you get your driveway and sidewalks cleared more quickly. It’s got a serious impeller and auger that will quickly deal with deep drifts. And it is well built and really easy to use. The Poulan Pro PR627ES is an outstanding snow blower.
There are a few areas that I would like to discuss in which the Poulan Pro PR627ES is not quite perfect. While in the categories that really matter, the Poulan Pro PR627ES is better than most, there are a few details that Poulan Pro could improve on slightly if they want this to be a truly elite lawn mower. That said, I don’t think that any of these concerns take away in the slightest from the overall great value of this snow blower.
- Not CARB compliant : It is definitely not easy to find a high performance two-stage snow blower that has an engine that complies with the California Air Resources Board’s carbon emissions standards. To be fair, they are a very strict set of standards, and I think anyone would be challenged to design an engine that delivered reliable performance and produced nearly zero emissions. The worst part about this Con is the fact that so many users won’t get a chance to enjoy the Poulan Pro PR627ES.
- Engine could be bigger : The engine on the Poulan Pro PR627ES has a displacement of 208 cubic centimeters. While that is plenty to power a two-stage snow blower with its dimensions and rear wheel drive, I do wish it was a bit higher. You never know when you will be dealing with particularly deep or wet snow, and having some extra power in reserve is always a good thing to be able to rely on.
- Large footprint : On any two-stage snow blower that is worth anything, you are going to encounter a big footprint. You simply can’t contain the kind of clearing capacity that these machines provide in a small package. So while it is standard, you should be aware of the fact that the Poulan Pro PR627ES is going to take up a healthy amount of space in your garage or tool shed. This isn’t a problem per se so much as a bit of advice, though.
- Chute is hard to operate : Some users may find that the chute is a bit difficult to operate. It has a pin detent release on it, which can be a little hard to deal with, especially in subzero temperatures when you are wearing thick gloves and parts are harder to move. But with some effort, you should get used to using it, and it may even tend to loosen up a bit over time. Other than that, though, the chute is solidly built and works well.
- Deeper snow may reduce clearance width : When you are clearing snow that is closer to the high end of the snow cut depth on the Poulan Pro PR627ES, you may find that the clearance width is a bit reduced. This is not an uncommon issue for big two-stage snow blowers: even the most powerful ones have their limits in terms of pound-per-minute clearing capacity. But if you just set the snow blower to a lower speed and take your time, it should be fine.
As you can see, none of these Cons really represent the kind of serious problems that would make trying to use the Poulan Pro PR627ES difficult. The only one of the five that is a unique issue is the snow chute difficulty, but the fact that the chute is made of solid parts that will last over the long term more than makes up for that. I do not think any of these Cons take away from all of the excellent Pros, in any case.
While Pros and Cons lists are a great way to familiarize yourself with the various features a particular product has to offer, I think that the best way to determine whether a particular snow blower is the right one for you is to combine them with some comparison shopping. That way you can feel out the market and see how one snow blower stacks up to what the competition has to offer. The following table compares the Poulan Pro PR627ES with two similar snow blowers.
|Dimensions||48 x 23 x 34 inches||37 x 50.9 x 32 inches||37 x 50.9 x 32 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Engine Manufacturer||Poulan Pro||Briggs &amp; Stratton||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||208cc – OHV LCT||420 cc – OHV||342cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||4 forward / 2 reverse||6 forward / 2 reverse||4 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||27 inches||28 inches||30 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||23 inches||23.5 inches||23 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 35 feet||Up to 40 feet||Up to 35 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 200°||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||16-Inch x 5-inch||16-Inch x 5-inch||16-Inch x 5-inch|
|Weight||240 pounds||268 pounds||272 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Poulan Pro has a smaller total footprint that the other two machines and weighs the least of the three. But at the same time it has a clearance width and snow cut depth that is quite comparable to the other two, and propels snow about as far as the others, too. While it has the smallest engine, you can see that this does not affect its overall performance compared to the others. It offers similar functionality while taking up less room.
I think that it is very important to be absolutely certain that a given snow blower is the right one for you, especially when you are buying one of these more expensive two-stage models. In that spirit, let’s take one more look at the Pros & Cons lists just to review what the Poulan Pro PR627ES has to offer.
- 27 inch clearance width.
- Quick assembly.
- High performance auger/impeller.
- Solid parts.
- User-friendly controls.
With a clearance width that is about as big as it gets and components that are built to stand up to tough jobs well, the Poulan Pro PR627ES is certainly a high performance snow blower. But it also is designed to be easy to put together and simple to use. That means your overall experience with this snow blower should be excellent.
- Not CARB compliant.
- Engine could be bigger.
- Large footprint.
- Chute is hard to operate.
- Deeper snow may reduce clearance width.
For the most part, none of these Cons really presents any serious problems that take away from the overall performance of the Poulan Pro PR627ES in any way. Most of them are common themes in two-stage snow blowers, and those that aren’t are fairly minor drawbacks. The Poulan Pro PR627ES remains a great snow blower.
Whether you live in the country and have gravel or other paved surfaces to keep free of snow, or you simply have a wide paved driveway and live in a region that gets serious snow fall, you need a reliable two-stage snow blower to get the job done. And in terms of reliability, Poulan Pro consistently makes some of the very best snow blowers in the business. The Poulan Pro PR627ES is a fine example of this company’s outstanding commitment to craftsmanship and excellence.
With its extra wide clearance and high snow cut depth, the Poulan Pro PR627ES will be able to handle deep snow quickly. And its user-friendly controls will make it a breeze to operate. Not only that, but the fact that it is made out of durable, high quality parts and materials means that it will last for a long time. This is a very solid snow blower that is designed to get the job done.
Two-stage snow blowers can wind up costing a lot of money, but you shouldn’t have to spend a fortune to get one. That’s why the Poulan Pro PR627ES is priced as reasonably as possible. As a result, it is much more affordable than a lot of other two-stage snow blowers. And those more expensive models do not really offer anything that the Poulan Pro PR627ES doesn’t have! I don’t see any reason to pay top dollar for a different machine when a perfectly great one is right here at a price that really can’t be beaten. In today’s economy, every dollar saved really counts. With the Poulan Pro PR627ES, you are getting an outstanding snow blower for a truly great price.
Exclusive Offer Poulan Pro PR627ES
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59