Husqvarna 924HV Review
Exclusive Offer Husqvarna 924HV
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower Buying Guide, Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Husqvarna, Husqvarna Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Buying Guide, Snow Blower Reviews,|
When it comes to clearing heavy snow fall from big areas, there is really only one option: you need a powerful two stage snow blower to handle these kinds of jobs. Whether you are clearing paved or unpaved surfaces, only two stage snow blowers pack the kind of serious snow removal power that can get big jobs done fast. Single stage snow blowers are great for clearing short walkways or patios, but for larger jobs, you need something a lot bigger and more powerful.
But all two stage snow blowers are not the same: some are considerably larger and more powerful than average, and when a serious storm hits, those are the ones you want to have in your garage. The Husqvarna 924HV is a great example of this kind of snow blower – it’s one of the more powerful and bigger ones on the market. When you have to dig yourself out from under serious snow fall, this is the one you want.
The Husqvarna 924HV is not an ordinary snow blower. It is equipped with a powerful engine that was designed specifically with this model in mind, and it has everything it needs to blast through deep, densely packed snow like it was cutting through soft butter. Because it is so powerful, the Husqvarna 924HV is able to support one of the widest augers you can find on a snow blower today – one that can clear a path two feet wide in a single pass. And there is virtually no blizzard out there that the Husqvarna 924HV will not be able to handle, because it has one of the highest snow cut depths available.
Not only is the Husqvarna 924HV well equipped to clear deep snow from big areas quickly, it is a very well designed machine, one that has features that will help make operating it much more convenient than it could be. The Husqvarna 924HV is packed with tons of great accessories that increase your overall comfort and ease of use. It’s built tough, too – which is important if you are going to be using it to clear snow under difficult conditions this winter. The Husqvarna 924HV is a great snow blower – and it has a great price, too.
The Husqvarna 924HV is a gas-powered two stage snow blower that weighs just over 200 pounds. It has dimensions of 52 x 24 x 42 inches. The snow blower has a 208 cubic centimeter engine with a convenient electric start. It has a self propelled drive with four forward and two reverse speeds.
|Dimensions||52 x 24 x 42 inches|
|Engine||208 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||4 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||24 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||23 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 35 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||16-Inch x 5-inch|
With the Husqvarna 924HV, you can cut a swath two feet wide through snow that is packed nearly as high, and you can throw that snow up to 35 feet away through a snow chute that rotates 180 degrees. The Husqvarna 924HV has big, 16 inch wheels designed for better traction, and LED headlight, and lots of other great accessories.
There is one thing that the Husqvarna 924HV has a lot of, and that is power. This is a big, capable snow blower that is made to deal with heavy accumulations of snow more quickly and efficiently than other models can, and it is apparent as soon as you take one look at it. That is because the Husqvarna 924HV has a mean-looking welded steel auger that is a full two feet wide, and ready to cut a broad path through even the most densely packed snow as easily as if it were clearing light powder.
The Husqvarna 924HV has an auger housing that is similarly big – it’s nearly two feet tall – which means that there is almost no amount of snow that could fall that this snow blower would not be able to deal with. Should you encounter deeper drifts, simply engage the drift cutters to knock the extra accumulation down into the housing, where the auger will make short work of it, throwing it more than thirty feet away. That is more than far enough to clear just about any driveway, no matter how wide it may be.
The drift cutters are not the only accessory that the Husqvarna 924HV has to offer, either – it has plenty of other convenient extras as well. It comes with a powerful LED headlight that helps you see what you are doing if you are clearing snow on dark winter mornings. It’s got easy to use controls that are ergonomically designed for greater comfort. And it has a powerful drive train that propels the Husqvarna 924HV at one of four forward and two reverse speeds. Best of all, the Husqvarna 924HV is very competitively priced, so you should have no problem fitting it into your household’s budget. This is a great snow blower with an outstanding price.
The Husqvarna 924HV really has a lot of great features to offer its owner. This is a snow blower that is built to handle the deepest snow fall quickly and efficiently, and it has everything you need to get the job done. From its powerful Snow King engine to its extra wide clearance and high snow cut depth, the Husqvarna 924HV is packed with features that are designed to help you finish clearing your driveway quickly.
- 208 cc Snow King engine : The Husqvarna 924HV is equipped with Husqvarna’s Snow King engine, which has a displacement of 208 cubic centimeters and provides more torque and horsepower to the auger and rear wheel drive train. That is the main reason why the Husqvarna 924HV is able to handle high volumes of snow easily, and cut through the deeper drifts more quickly than other snow blowers can. The engine is designed in-house by Husqvarna specifically for this snow blower, so it’s a great fit.
- Can handle deep snow : Along with its powerful engine driving the auger, the Husqvarna 924HV has an auger housing that is nearly two feet high. That means you will be able to use this snow blower to cut through deeper snow than you can with pretty much any other snow blower out there. And if you should ever encounter snow that is deeper than two feet, all you have to do is attach the drift cutters to knock snow down, and you will clear it just as easily.
- Great accessories : A great snow blower is not just a powerful engine and big auger housing – it has extra features that are designed to make operating it much more convenient on the user. The Husqvarna 924HV is loaded with great accessories, from the powerful LED headlight so you can see what you’re doing on dark mornings to the ergonomically designed controls and electric start that allows you to get going quickly when temperatures drop below freezing.
- Extra wide clearance : The clearance width on a snow blower is the one feature that will determine how quickly you can finish big jobs. A snow blower with a wider clearance will be able to finish the job in fewer passes, saving you lots of time and getting you back indoors sooner. The Husqvarna 924HV has one of the widest clearances you can find on any snow blower out there. With the two foot wide clearance, you can clear a driveway in just a few passes.
- Self-propelled drive : When you are dealing with densely packed snow, trying to push a heavy snow blower through it can be awfully difficult. That is where the self-propelled rear wheel drive on the Husqvarna 924HV comes into play. With a powerful and efficient chain drive transmission, you can set the speed you want and let the snow blower do all of the work of driving through deep drifts. Plus, you can pick whatever pace is best for you.
As you can see, the Husqvarna 924HV is a well built snow blower that is packed with great features. It isn’t just a big, powerful machine either – it also has plenty of thoughtful accessories that are there to help you get the job done with as much ease and convenience as possible. This is the kind of snow blower you want to have in your garage when a polar vortex drops temperatures below freezing and sends heavy accumulations of snow your way.
While the Husqvarna 924HV is really one of the best two stage snow blowers out there, it does have a few areas that have some room for improvement. Most of these Cons do not really affect the performance or capability of the Husqvarna 924HV in any meaningful way, however. And with its powerful engine and great clearance and snow cut depth, the Husqvarna 924HV is still ready for anything that winter could send your way. Still, I think it is important to take a look at these, just to be thorough.
- Very large footprint : When you are dealing with a snow blower that has one of the widest clearances and highest snow cut depths out there, it is naturally going to be a big, heavy machine. But that does mean that it will need a lot more space in your garage or tool shed than other snow blowers would take up. But I think this is a small concession to all of the snow clearing ability the Husqvarna 924HV brings.
- Not CARB compliant : The Snow King engine is one of the more powerful designs you can find under the hood of a snow blower today – but because of that, it produces a fairly high amount of exhaust. That means that it is not compliant with the California Air Resources Board’s regulations concerning small engine carbon emissions, so if you live in any one of the fourteen states that enforce those regulations, you unfortunately won’t be able to buy it.
- Can be difficult to maneuver : In part because it is rather big and heavy, the Husqvarna 924HV can be a bit difficult to maneuver, at least until you get used to it. There is no power steering on this snow blower, either, which means that you will have to do all of the turning under your own strength. That can take a bit of effort, so you should be prepared to put some work in while you are using the Husqvarna 924HV.
- Only 4 forward speeds : For most people, having four speed options should be more than enough, but I think it is fair to point out that other self propelled two stage snow blowers often come with six forward speeds. The extra two speeds can make a big difference, especially since conditions on the ground can be rather variable from one snow storm to the next. It would be nice to have more options here. Still, four should have you fairly well prepared.
- Certain parts are flimsy : There are a few parts on the Husqvarna 924HV that are not very well made. For example, the switches and knobs on the engine are made of rather flimsy plastic, as is the oil reservoir filler neck. The discharge chute is also made of rather thin plastic, which might present problems down the road. But in the areas where it really counts – such as the frame and auger – the machine is made of durable steel.
As you can see, the Husqvarna 924HV does not really have any of the serious kinds of issues that would present any problems in terms of performance or long term durability. For the most part, the Cons on this snow blower are incidental, and most of them can be overlooked. Overall, the great Pros that the Husqvarna 924HV has really outshine any of the Cons listed above, so I would not worry about them too much.
Of course, Pros and Cons lists by themselves can only tell you so much about a particular snow blower: in order to get a real sense of how well it stacks up to snow blowers made by its competition, you have to do a bit of comparison shopping. The following table compares important product specs of the Husqvarna 924HV with two other models, one by Poulan Pro and the other by Yard-Man. Let’s take a look.
|Dimensions||52 x 24 x 42 inches||51 x 34 x 28 inches||50.5 x 33.5 x 33.8 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Engine Manufacturer||Husqvarna||Poulan Pro||Yard-Man|
|Engine||208 cc – OHV||208 cc – OHV LCT||357 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||4 forward / 2 reverse||4 forward / 2 reverse||6 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||24 inches||24 inches||30 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||23 inches||23 inches||21 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 35 feet||Up to 35 feet||Up to 35 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 180°||Manual 200°|
|Wheels||16-Inch x 5-inch||13-Inch x 5-inch||16-Inch x 6.5-inch|
|Weight||202 pounds||240 pounds||287 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
As you can see, the Husqvarna 924HV has a comparable snow cut depth and clearance width to the other two models, even though it is a bit smaller than either one and weighs a lot less as well. It has more accessories than either of the other two models, and it has wheels that offer more traction than the other two snow blowers can offer. Overall, the Husqvarna 924HV stacks up very well to the competition.
I think you will probably agree that the Husqvarna 924HV is definitely one of the best snow blowers on the market today – it’s big, powerful, and ready to get just about any job done. But before you make your final decision to purchase it, let’s take one more quick look at the Pros and Cons lists, just to be sure.
- 208 cc Snow King engine.
- Can handle deep snow.
- Great accessories.
- Extra wide clearance.
- Self-propelled drive.
With a powerful engine designed just for this snow blower, the ability to clear deep accumulations of heavy snow quickly, and a clearance that will help you finish removing snow from your driveway faster, the Husqvarna 924HV really has everything you need in a snow blower. It’s built to get the job done and last for a long time.
- Very large footprint.
- Not CARB compliant.
- Can be difficult to maneuver.
- Only 4 forward speeds.
- Certain parts are flimsy.
The few issues that the Husqvarna 924HV does have are frankly minor compared to a lot of other snow blowers. None of these Cons should affect its overall performance in any way, and most of them are common to two stage snow blowers. Overall the Husqvarna 924HV is still a very solid machine.
When a serious winter storm comes bearing down on your area, you want to be sure that you have a snow blower in your garage that is ready for just about anything. This is true whether you have unpaved surfaces to clear – which absolutely require a two stage snow blower – or paved driveways that still need a big snow blower to get the job done. The Husqvarna 924HV is well equipped for any situation, and ready to handle whatever conditions on the ground may be.
With a wider clearance and higher snow cut depth than just about any other snow blower on the market, the Husqvarna 924HV will finish clearing your driveway of deep snow fall much faster than other models can. And because it has a powerful Snow King engine under the hood, it is going to have everything it needs to tackle deep, dense snow with no trouble at all.
Considering everything the Husqvarna 924HV has to offer, it is amazing how inexpensive it is. The only area in which the Husqvarna 924HV is below average is in terms of price. That means that even those households that are on a budget this winter should have no problem being able to afford it. And in spite of the fact that the Husqvarna 924HV is so reasonably priced, it is not cheaply made, and still provides all of the performance you need to get big jobs done fast. The Husqvarna 924HV is a powerful, high performance snow blower that has a great price.
Exclusive Offer Husqvarna 924HV
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59