Husqvarna 1827EXLT Review
|(Rated: 3.8 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Gas Two-Stage Snow Blower Reviews, Husqvarna, Husqvarna Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Reviews,|
There is no better way to be prepared for everything winter is going to bring your way than by making sure you have a solid snow blower in your garage. Under certain conditions, shovels just will not get the job done, and when that happens you want to have the kind of snow blower that is able to get big jobs done quickly. You do not want to have a snow blower that is not going to be ready for heavy snow fall – if that is the case, you might as well not have a snow blower at all. You need a machine that is going to be able to tackle serious accumulation, and get big areas clear fast. These kinds of conditions call for a two stage snow blower with a wide clearance and high snow cut depth. What you need is a snow blower like the Husqvarna 1827EXLT.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is not like other snow blowers. It is a real beast, and it is prepared to take on Arctic conditions that would stop smaller snow blowers in their tracks. The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has everything you need to get big areas clear of heavy snow fall quickly and efficiently. This is not the kind of snow blower that is going to get bogged down in deep drifts or have difficulty throwing heavy, wet snow all the way to the other side of the driveway. It is designed to perform well whether you are using it on paved or unpaved surfaces. With tracks instead of wheels, you can drive the Husqvarna 1827EXLT anywhere you want to go.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is never going to slip on icy surfaces or have difficulty with any kind of snow. This is a snow blower that is made to perform under the worst conditions. It has an extra wide clearance and the kind of high snow cut depth that will allow you to power through deep snow drifts as easily as if you were taking care of light snow fall. The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is a snow blower that will hold up under tough conditions for many years to come.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is a self propelled two stage snow blower that weighs 326 pounds and has a footprint of 52 x 27 x 42 inches. It has a very powerful Briggs & Stratton engine with a displacement of 414 cubic centimeters, an electric start, and eight speeds to choose from.
|Dimensions||52 x 27 x 42 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||414 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||6 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||27 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||21 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 40 feet|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°|
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has a clearance width of 27 inches and a snow cut depth of 21 inches. It can throw snow up to 40 feet away, and its snow chute rotates Husqvarna 1827EXLT0 degrees so you can direct snow where you want it to go. It has tough tracks instead of wheels for better traction. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
As soon as you take one look at the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, you will realize that this is a snow blower that is built to perform well under very tough conditions. This is a big machine that is made to take on deep snow drifts and move hundreds of pounds of snow per minute. It has tracks instead of wheels that are powered by a rear wheel drive with six forward speeds and two reverse speeds. That means you will be able to operate it as quickly as you want: whether or not the ground is icy and slippery will not matter, since the tracks will never slip or lose traction.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has the kind of extra wide clearance that will allow you to clear a sidewalk in a single pass; the average driveway can be cleared by this snow blower in less than half a dozen passes. That means you will be able to finish clearing snow and be back indoors where it’s warm much sooner than you could with a smaller, less capable snow blower. With the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, you can get big jobs done more quickly than ever before.
And with its 21 inch snow cut depth, there is virtually no accumulation you will see this winter that the Husqvarna 1827EXLT won’t be able to handle. Attach the optional drift cutters, and the Husqvarna 1827EXLT will be able to take care of even deeper snow. This is a snow blower that is made to handle the toughest conditions: it isn’t just big, but also driven by one of the most powerful engines you can find on a snow blower today. And from its welded steel auger all the way up to its ergonomic handles, the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is built out of some of the most durable materials you can find.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has a lot of great features to offer. It is one of the biggest and most powerful two stage snow blowers you can find today. It has tracks instead of wheels to give it more traction. It’s got one of the very best engines you can find on a yard appliance. It has tons of great accessories to make the snow clearing job a lot easier on you. This is one outstanding snow blower.
- Tracks instead of wheels : Even when you have big, deeply treaded wheels on your snow blower, when you encounter an icy patch, you may not have enough traction to get over it without slipping a bit. That leaves you having to go over patches of snow more than once. With the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, this problem is eliminated. It has tracks that are able to move over slippery ice just as easily as they can dry surfaces, so you never have to worry about slipping.
- Powerful engine : The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has an engine made by Briggs & Stratton, one of the very best companies for manufacturing small engines for yard machines. And at over four hundred cubic centimeters, the engine on the Husqvarna 1827EXLT has the kind of serious displacement that will be able to provide extra power to the snow blower. That means you will have no trouble negotiating densely packed snow, heavy, slushy snow, or any other conditions you may come across.
- Extra wide clearance : The clearance with on the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is a full 27 inches. That is wide enough to clear the average city sidewalk in just one pass, and it will have you getting your driveway cleared in less than a half dozen passes as well. That means you will not have to spend as much time getting your property cleared of snow – and when temperatures drop below zero and conditions are serious, the less time you spend outdoors the better.
- Lots of accessories : The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is loaded with great accessories that are designed to make the chore of clearing snow as simple and painless as possible. With a bright LED headlight, you will always be able to see where you are going, no matter how early the sun goes down. With trigger control zero turn steering, you can easily negotiate tight corners. Adjustable drift cutters direct deep snow into the auger for easy clearing of deep snow. It’s got everything you need.
- Powered drive : It would be difficult to operate the Husqvarna 1827EXLT if it did not have powered drive – but with its six forward and two reverse speeds, maneuvering this snow blower around your driveway is easier than ever. Plus, it has power steering, so you have to do almost no work at all to get it around your property. You can select whatever speed best matches your pace, maneuver the Husqvarna 1827EXLT easily with the trigger control power steering, and before you know it you’re done.
I think that you will agree that the Husqvarna 1827EXLT really has just about everything you could possibly need to clear heavy accumulations of snow from large areas. With its durable design, wide clearance and powerful engine, it will hold up to the toughest conditions with no trouble. And because it has tracks instead of wheels, you never have to worry about slipping. This is a fantastic snow blower that will get the job done fast every time.
There are a few minor drawbacks in the design of the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, although I think it’s fair to say that none of them take away too much from all of the great features it is packed with. Still, there are a couple of features that could use slight improvement, and owning a big, powerful two stage snow blower is not without its issues: these machines are loud, take up a lot of room and produce heavy emissions.
- Very large footprint : The Husqvarna 1827EXLT has a wide clearance and a big, powerful engine, so as a result it has large overall dimensions. You can’t really have one without the other, so this isn’t exactly a Con so much as a factor that you should be prepared for. You are going to need a fair amount of free space in your garage or tool shed for the Husqvarna 1827EXLT to fit, so start clearing a parking spot out before it arrives.
- Not CARB compliant : With its powerful Briggs & Stratton engine – one that has overhead valve design and a displacement of over four hundred cubic centimeters – the Husqvarna 1827EXLT produces a high volume of emissions. This isn’t really a problem, although it does mean that it is not compliant with California Air Resources Board emissions standards. This is really unfortunate, because it means that those of you who live in any of the fourteen states that enforce those regulations won’t get to use the Husqvarna 1827EXLT.
- Snow cut depth could be higher : At 21 inches, the snow cut depth on the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is really impressive, although I would like to see at least a few more inches. The housing on the auger could be higher so that you could take care of deeper drifts without having to engage the optional drift cutters. At the same time, when you do use the drift cutters, there is virtually no snow that is too deep for this snow blower.
- Controls could be improved : The controls on the Husqvarna 1827EXLT are not entirely intuitive, and that means that they do take a bit of practice to get used to operating them. The trigger control on the power steering is not the easiest thing to operate, but then again, this is a snow blower that is built to deal with the toughest conditions. So because of that, you won’t find the standard steering features on it that other machines have.
- It’s rather noisy : The Husqvarna 1827EXLT makes a lot of noise. This is because its big, overhead valve engine is designed to produce a lot of power, and therefore is going to be producing a lot of sound and vibration as well. While the snow blower can handle the vibrations because it’s built from very solid materials, your neighbors might not appreciate the noise, especially if you are clearing your driveway very early in the morning. But I think that’s worth it.
As you can see, these Cons do not really present the kind of problems that would negatively affect the performance or capability of the Husqvarna 1827EXLT in any meaningful way. In fact, most of them are common issues that all two stage snow blowers present. And all of the outstanding Pros the Husqvarna 1827EXLT comes loaded with more than make up for any drawbacks, in my opinion. The Husqvarna 1827EXLT remains one of the best snow blowers on the market.
Pros and Cons lists can only tell you so much about a given snow blower, of course. Savvy consumers know that the best way to determine whether a particular snow blower is the right one for you is by doing some comparison shopping. That way, you can get a good feel for how the Husqvarna 1827EXLT stacks up to similar models made by the competition, as well as a better picture of what the whole market has to offer.
|Dimensions||52 x 27 x 42 inches||52 x 24 x 42 inches||38 x 30 x 30 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton||Husqvarna||Power Smart|
|Engine||414 cc – OHV||208 cc – OHV||208 cc – OHV|
|2-cycle / 4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle||4-cycle|
|Speed Control||6 forward / 2 reverse||4 forward / 2 reverse||4 forward / 2 reverse|
|Clearing Width||27 inches||24 inches||28 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||21 inches||23 inches||21 inches|
|Throw Distance||Up to 40 feet||Up to 35 feet||Up to 35 feet|
|Light||LED Headlight||LED Headlight||n/a|
|Chute Control||Manual 180°||Manual 180°||Manual 180°|
|Wheels||Tracks||16-Inch x 5-inch||13-Inch x 4-inch|
|Weight||326 pounds||202 pounds||205 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||1 year|
As you can see, the Husqvarna 1827EXLT has the biggest engine of the three models. It’s the only one with tracks instead of wheels, and has six forward speeds instead of just four. Its clearance is about as wide as it gets, and it has the best snow removal capacity of the three machines. I think that overall, the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is definitely the best of the three snow blowers.
The Husqvarna 1827EXLT is definitely a very impressive snow blower, and I think it is one of the best ones you can find on the market today. But before you decide to purchase it, it is probably a good idea to revisit the Pros and Cons lists one more time, just to be absolutely certain.
- Tracks instead of wheels.
- Powerful engine.
- Extra wide clearance.
- Lots of accessories.
- Powered drive.
With non-slip tracks instead of wheels, one of the most powerful engines you can find in any snow blower today, and a great clearance width, the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is built to handle the toughest jobs out there. And because it has power steering, six speeds and lots of accessories, it’s really easy to operate, too.
- Very large footprint.
- Not CARB compliant.
- Snow cut depth could be higher.
- Controls could be improved.
- It’s rather noisy.
Most of the Cons associated with the Husqvarna 1827EXLT are typical issues that all two stage snow blowers present. And those that are particular to this snow blower – the controls and snow cut depth – do not cause the kind of issues that can really take away anything from the great Pros.
When a major snow storm drops a heavy accumulation on your area, you want to be sure that the snow blower in your garage is up to the task of clearing it. And the Husqvarna 1827EXLT has everything that you need for that. This is one of the biggest and most powerful two stage snow blowers you can find today, and it is loaded with great features that are designed to help make the task of clearing your sidewalks or driveway easier than ever.
It does not matter whether you need to clear a long unpaved driveway or the average suburban property: with the Husqvarna 1827EXLT you are going to be all set. And you won’t just be taken care of this winter and the next. With the Husqvarna 1827EXLT, you get a powerful snow blower that will last you for many years. This is the kind of serious snow blower you need for tough jobs.
For all of the outstanding features the Husqvarna 1827EXLT has to offer, it really isn’t a very expensive machine. Of course, it is not a cheap snow blower, either, but every savvy shopper knows that you always get what you pay for. And with the Husqvarna 1827EXLT you are paying for a high quality snow blower that is going to outperform just about every other model on the market. This is a snow blower that is built to last, and designed to tackle the toughest snow clearing jobs out there. So as far as I am concerned, the Husqvarna 1827EXLT is worth every penny.