Generac 6024 Review
|(Rated: 4.5 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Gas Pressure Washer Reviews, Generac, Generac Pressure Washers, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
When you have a big house with a lot of cleanup tasks, you need a tough, versatile machine that can help you get these jobs done as quickly and efficiently as possible. A pressure washer that has a high cleaning power rating and multiple nozzle tips will be able to not only handle the biggest, toughest jobs; it will also have applications around more delicate cleanup tasks like washing windows and screens.
With the right pressure washer in your garage, there is no limit to the number of different jobs you can use it for. You will never have to visit a car wash again, for starters. You can use a powerful pressure washer to keep your siding, walls and fences clean, to wash down your deck and driveway, and clean off your tools and lawnmower. The Generac 6024 has a very high cleaning power rating and is a great pressure washer.
The Generac 6024 is a compact, versatile pressure washer that has a powerful engine, multiple spray options and a convenient design made of durable parts. This pressure washer has such a wide range of applications that you will soon be looking around the house for things to wash that you may have never cleaned before because the job seemed to difficult. With five quick nozzle tips that can provide a range of pressures all the way up to 3000 pounds per square inch and an option to include soap in the spray of water, there is no end to the different applications this pressure washer has.
The Generac 6024 is also designed to be as convenient as it is powerful. Its pump and engine are perfectly balanced on its durable, welded steel frame. And the pump is conveniently located high off of the ground, so you will not have to get down on your hands and knees to connect the water supply hose. The pressure washer’s own hose is 30 feet long for a better range of motion, and because it is a gas pressure washer, you can take it anywhere you want and it will always be ready for action.
The Generac 6024 is a two wheel pressure washer with overall dimensions of 17.6 x 27.1 x 20.6 inches, which is compact enough that it will be easy to store. It has an OHV engine with 212 cubic centimeters of displacement and an easy-access axial cam pump mounted on a welded steel frame.
|Dimensions||17.6 x 27.1 x 20.6|
|Pump||Easy-access axial cam|
|Nozzle||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 30-foot|
The Generac 6024 has a PSI of 3000 and a flow rate of 2.7 gallons per minute, giving it a very high cleaning power rating of 8100. It produces a cold water spray only. Its spray gun is ergonomic and comes with five nozzles: 0-degree Blast, 15-degree Strip, 25-degree Clean, 40-degree Wash, and Soap.
The Generac 6024 comes almost completely put together and ready to go right out of the box; there are only a few extra steps you have to take to finish assembling it, and these are very easy to finish with just regular household tools. Then, once you have it all gassed up and ready to go, there is almost no limit to the different cleaning tasks you can use it for around the house.
With just one pull of the starter cord, the engine roars to life right away. Hook it up to any water source, select the level of pressure you want to attack stains with – from a zero degree Blast nozzle that provides the full 3000 pounds per square inch to a 40 degree Clean nozzle that provides a much gentler spray. The cleaning power rating of 8100 that the Generac 6024 boasts is one of the higher ones you can find on a residential pressure washer, and there is a lot you can get done with that kind of power.
Because you have so many options with the Generac 6024, you can perform light tasks like washing your windows or car just as easily as you can finish tough jobs like stripping paint from exterior walls or removing oil stains from the driveway. This is what you need as a homeowner, because as we all know there are a lot of different things that need cleaning around the house.
The PSI on the Generac 6024 is supported by a powerful, 212 cubic centimeter engine and it is backed up by a warranty that is twice as long as the industry standard. That is because this pressure washer is tough and durable, and Generac knows it will stand up to difficult jobs and tough conditions over the long term.
You want a residential pressure washer that is tough, versatile, and easy to use. And with the Generac 6024, that is exactly what you will be getting. This pressure washer has one of the highest cleaning power ratings of any residential models on the market, and it has a powerful motor and pump that are supported by a durable welded frame.
- High cleaning power rating : The cleaning power rating on the Generac 6024 is a whopping 8100. That is because this pressure washer can provide up to 3000 pounds per square inch and has a flow rate of 2.7 gallons per minute. This is much higher than many other residential pressure washers out there, gas or otherwise. With a cleaning power that is this high, there is practically no cleanup job you can think of that the Generac 6024 won’t be able to do.
- Compact footprint : A lot of the time, gas pressure washers that have high cleaning power ratings are big and bulky machines that are hard to find enough storage space for in your garage or tool shed. But this is not the case with the Generac 6024: its overall dimensions are just 17.6 x 27.1 x 20.6 inches, which is small enough to fit into just about any space. It has a sleek, compact design, which is what you want.
- Convenient design : And not only is the design compact, it is also very convenient: the axial cam pump on the Generac 6024 sits high up on the frame, which means that the hose connection will be very easy to access without having to bend down or get on your hands and knees. Other design features are just as convenient: all of the controls are easy to access, and there is a holster for the spray wand and hose.
- Durable welded frame : When you are looking for a residential pressure washer that will last you for a lot of years, you want to make sure that it is constructed from the kind of tough, durable parts that will hold up to a lot of wear and tear over the long run. The Generac 6024 has a very durable frame made out of welded steel, which you can count on to stand up to a lot of abuse.
- Powerful engine : The Generac 6024 is able to provide the kind of high pressure spray that can deal with any job you throw at it primarily because its pump is supported by such a powerful engine. The Overhead Valve Engine has a displacement of 212 cubic centimeters – which is a lot higher than what is available on many other residential pressure washers today. And because the engine is designed by Generac, it is seamlessly integrated into the 6024.
The Generac 6024 is an excellent pressure washer for homeowners who have a wide range of cleanup jobs that they have to take care of. It is powerful, adaptable, and dependable. And if you have it in your garage, you will almost be eager to find new cleanup jobs that you can turn its extremely high pressure spray on. You are practically guaranteed to be happy with the Generac 6024 no matter where you plant to use it.
With all of those wonderful features, it will be hard to believe that there are in fact a few areas in which the Generac 6024 is less than perfect, but it is true. Now, I do not think that any of these Cons are the kind of drawbacks that really take too much away from the overall design and manufacturing of this pressure washer, but it is still important to cover them so you know what you’re getting.
- Washer is cold water only : When you are buying a gas powered pressure washer, you often do want to have the option to produce a hot water spray, because this can cut through a lot of dirt and grime more easily than a cold water spray can, even without the use of soap. Unfortunately, the Generac 6024 does not have this option: you can only use cold water with it. But it does have a soap dispenser for dealing with tough stains.
- Not compliant with CARB standards : It is often the case that appliances with gas powered engines are not compliant with the emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board, and this is the case with the Generac 6024 as well. The main drawback to this is the fact that you cannot use or purchase this model in California or any of the other fourteen states that enforce CARB emissions standards, because it is a really great machine that everyone should get to own.
- Hose is stiff and can kink easily : The hose on the Generac 6024 is made of PVC plastic, which is great because it means it will be very durable and not have any problems with the high pressure flow of water, but it also means that it is very stiff, and when you keep it rolled up it may have a tendency to curl back on itself or even kink up fairly easily. The upside is that the hose is one of the longest you can find on a residential pressure washer.
- Requires some maintenance to keep it running : When you own an appliance with a gas powered engine, there is going to be some light maintenance that you have to do every once in a while in order to keep it running smoothly. This includes changing the oil, switching out spark plugs and air filters, and the like. None of these tasks is particularly difficult, though, and even if you do not have a lot of automotive experience, you should have no problems.
- Engine does not have electric start : One feature that I really do wish the Generac 6024 had is an electric starter. Instead, you have to pull on a recoil starter cord to get it started up. This is a minor inconvenience – it is a lot easier to simply press a button instead. But the good news is that the engine starts right up on the first pull every time, so you do not have to worry about yanking on the cord over and over.
As you can clearly see, none of these Cons is really any kind of major problem with the design or manufacturing of the Generac 6024. Two of them are just a part of owning a gas powered appliance, and the rest have absolutely no effect on the quality or performance of the machine. Overall, I think that all of the great Pros on the Generac 6024 far outweigh any of these rather minor Cons. This is a solid pressure washer.
Still, you do not want to be getting anything but the best when you are investing in a new appliance for your home, and one of the easiest ways to make sure this is the case is by doing a little comparison shopping. And these days you can comparison shop with just a few mouse clicks. The following table compares product specs for the Generac 6024 and two similar residential pressure washers. Let’s take a look.
|Briggs & Stratton
|Dimensions||17.6 x 27.1 x 20.6||22 x 22 x 23||25 x 22 x 24|
|Engine Manufacturer||Generac||Briggs & Stratton||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||212cc OHV||850 Series 190cc OHV||175cc OHV|
|Pump||Easy-access axial cam||Axial cam||Axial cam|
|Nozzle||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)||4 (0°, 15°, 40°, soap)||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 30-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 30-foot|
|Wheels||10-inch solid||8-inch solid||10-inch pneumatic|
|Weight||77 pounds||65 pounds||65 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||1 year||1 year|
The Generac 6024 has the highest cleaning power rating by far, and this is because it not only has the highest PSI but also the highest flow rate. It also is the only one with an easy-access pump, and it has the most powerful engine – but even still, it manages to have the smallest dimensions of the three machines. The Generac 6024 also has a warranty that is twice as long as either of the other pressure washers.
When you own a gas powered residential pressure washer, there are a lot of different cleanup jobs that you can use it to finish quickly and easily. But you want to be absolutely certain that you are purchasing the best model for your needs. Let’s take another look at the Pros and Cons to be sure.
- High cleaning power rating.
- Compact footprint.
- Convenient design.
- Durable welded frame.
- Powerful engine.
With one of the highest cleaning power ratings that a residential pressure washer can have, the Generac 6024 is certainly going to be able to take care of a wide variety of jobs. And because it has a compact footprint and convenient design, it will be as easy to use it as it is to store it.
- Washer is cold water only.
- Not compliant with CARB standards.
- Hose is stiff and can kink easily.
- Requires some maintenance to keep it running.
- Engine does not have electric start.
While it is unfortunate that the Generac 6024 does not have a hot water spray option, it makes up for this in a lot of other ways, and I expect that you will be absolutely satisfied with its applications around the home. Beyond that, it has many of the standard Cons for a gas pressure washer.
As a homeowner, you know the importance of maintaining your property and holding it to a high standard of cleanliness, but you also know that doing so can be a lot of work. But with a powerful, durable, and versatile pressure washer like the Generac 6024, you can keep your home and yard looking great at all times without having to spend as much time or effort doing so. You can get big cleaning jobs that would take all day to finish done in just an hour or two.
The power rating on the Generac 6024 is about as high as it gets on a residential pressure washer, and with multiple nozzle options as well as a soap dispenser, you can clean just about any surface you can think of. And because it is so compact and made from durable welded steel and PVC plastic, you know you will have no trouble using it for years to come.
When you consider the fact that the Generac 6024 has one of the highest combinations of PSI and flow rate available on any residential pressure washer today, its price really seems like a great bargain. To be sure, it is an investment, but you definitely get what you pay for these days, and in this case you are getting a lot of quality and high performance capacity. You will be able to rely on the Generac 6024 for many years to come, and you will not have to worry about it breaking down on you. Plus, it comes with a two year warranty – twice the industry standard.