AR Blue Clean AR383 Review
AR Blue Clean AR383
|(Rated: 4.6 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: AR Blue Clean, AR Blue Clean Pressure Washers, Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
There are a lot of different jobs around your house and garden that an electric pressure washer can do quickly and efficiently. These tools are great for cleaning your driveway and walkways as well as your car or SUV. You can use an electric pressure washer to clean mold or grime off of vinyl siding, fences, and walls. You can clean windows and window screens with an electric pressure washer. You can rinse off lawn furniture and clean out your garbage cans with them.
The secret to the cleaning power of electric pressure washers like the AR Blue Clean AR383 lies in the fact that they can produce high velocity sprays of water that are able to strip grime and dirt away without damaging the surfaces underneath. And when you combine that high pressure spray with the cleaning power of detergent or a chemical solvent, there is little they can’t clean.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is easy to use and does such a great job that you will be finding yourself looking for dirt or stains to blast away with it. You no longer have to use elbow grease to take out tough stains and dirt, because the pressure washer does all of the work for you. Because it is electric, you can use it in enclosed spaces or even indoors without having to worry about safety issues from fumes. The AR Blue Clean AR383 is also very quiet, and it is compact and lightweight as well, which means it will be easy to find storage space for it in your garage or tool shed.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 has a maximum pressure of 1900 pounds per square inch and flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute, giving it a power rating of 2850. This is quite good for a small electric pressure washer, and it ensures you will be able to tackle lots of tough cleaning jobs around the house. It has an axial-piston wobble plate pump that is supported by a powerful 120 volt motor. You will enjoy using the AR Blue Clean AR383 to keep your property looking great.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is a residential 2-wheel electric pressure washer with dimensions of 11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5 inches and weighs 27 pounds. It has a 120 volt, 11 amp induction motor. Its max PSI is 1900, a flow rate of 1.5 GPM, and a power rating of 2850.
|Dimensions||11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 11 Amp (induction)|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Foam dispenser|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
The AR Blue Clean AR383 has a 3 axial-piston wobble plate pump. It produces cold water sprays only. The spray gun is ergonomic and has an adjustable jet foam dispenser. It comes with a 20 foot hose made of PVC plastic and a 30 foot power cord. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 comes almost completely assembled, and you will be ready to start using it almost as soon as you get it out of the box. You will be quite pleased with how compact and lightweight it is. It weighs just 27 pounds, which means it will be easy to maneuver from one location to the next, especially with its convenient, compact wheels. The AR Blue Clean AR383 also has a 20 foot hose and 30 foot long power cord, which means you will not have trouble using it even when you are cleaning an area that is far away from the nearest electric plug.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 has a maximum pressure of 1900 pounds per square inch and a flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute. These specs are on the high end for small electric pressure washers, and they combine to give this model a power rating of 2850. With this kind of power rating, you will be able to use this pressure washer to tackle just about any kind of dirt or stain you can find around your home or garden. The AR Blue Clean AR383 only produces cold water sprays, but with the attachable foam and detergent dispenser you can still tackle stains that are not water soluble. Just fill the dispenser with chemical solvent, attach it to the wand, and you are ready to go.
The motor on the AR Blue Clean AR383 is quite powerful; it is an induction motor that provides 120 volts to the pressure washer’s pump. The pump is a three piston axial pump with a wobble plate, and it’s responsible for producing the powerful 1900 PSI spray that cuts through dirt and grime so easily. When you have tough cleanup jobs around the home, a pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR383 is just what you need.
You want an electric pressure washer that provides the kind of powerful spray that can quickly and easily blast grime and dirt away from surfaces. With this kind of tool, cleanup jobs around the house and yard just got a whole lot easier. The AR Blue Clean AR383 has the kind of high PSI and flow rate to handle tough jobs, and its design is ergonomic, compact, and lightweight. This is a great electric pressure washer.
- Good PSI and flow rate : The AR Blue Clean AR383 has a max pressure of 1900 pounds per square inch and a flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute. The resulting power rating of 2850 is one of the more powerful ones you can find on a small electric pressure washer like this one. It means you will be able to use this pressure washer for even some of the toughest stains and dirt you can find quickly and easily.
- Compact and lightweight : At just 27 pounds, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is so lightweight that anyone can wheel it around easily, and you will also have no problem lifting it to put it away when you are done using it. Because it has such small dimensions – just 11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5 inches – you will be able to store it on a shelf or tuck it away under a work bench in your garage or basement easily.
- Powerful motor and axial-piston pump : The motor on the AR Blue Clean AR383 is quite powerful – it supplies 120 volts to the pump – and that’s a good thing, because it has a solid pump that needs that kind of power. The axial-piston pump is an efficient design that engineers have relied on for years to produce high pressure water sprays, and it definitely provides it in this pressure washer as well. It has few parts, so it will last for a long time without needing repairs, too.
- Hose reel with hand crank : There are several thoughtful accessories included in the AR Blue Clean AR383, and one of them is a hose wheel with a hand crank that allows you to quickly and easily wind up the hose when you are done cleaning your driveway or other surfaces. This way, you do not have to struggle to wind up the hose by hand, and it also prevents it from getting tangled up while you are not using it.
- Affordable price : Even with all of these great features, powerful spray and reliable parts, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is still one of the more affordable small electric pressure washers. This means you will be able to get all of the benefits of high PSI and flow rate and convenient, compact design without having to spend a fortune to get it. The price tag on the AR Blue Clean AR383 is reasonable enough that most homeowners will have no problem affording it.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 1900 PSI, 1.5 GPM electric pressure washer is great for any homeowner with dirt that needs cleaning. It is zero emissions and costs very little to run and maintain, and it is quiet and compact. It has a variety of applications and is easy to use and store.
Even with all of those great features, there are a few areas in which the AR Blue Clean AR383 is less than perfect. Some of these are limitations that are part of owning an electric pressure washer, while others are due to poor design in this one specifically. Let’s take a look.
- The washer is cold water only : It is fairly common for residential electric pressure washers to only have a cold water option, but it is still a limitation that can be frustrating. Some stains are much easier to deal with when you have a hot water spray. You can always hook the AR Blue Clean AR383 up to a hot water source, but at 1.5 gallons per minute it is going to drain any hot water heater pretty quickly.
- Plastic hose adapter may leak : The hose adapter that connects the spray hose to the AR Blue Clean AR383 has a plastic housing, which may wind up leaking quite a bit. This does not hugely affect the pressure of the spray, but it’s still a concern. You can always replace the plastic adapter with a brass one after you purchase it, but this is not something that should be the consumer’s responsibility to have to deal with.
- High pressure hose is quite stiff : The high pressure hose on the AR Blue Clean AR383 is made of stiff PVC plastic, which can present certain issues because it is not as easy to bend as a rubber hose would be. As a result, winding up the hose using the reel and hand crank can be a bit difficult, and occasionally, maneuvering the hose around can be difficult. It also means the hose may tend to get tangled after it has been tightly wound for too long.
- Key components are made of plastic : A number of key components on the AR Blue Clean AR383 are plastic, including the wheels, body, hose, hose adapter, wand, nozzles, and hose reel. As a result, the pressure washer is very light, but it is also not very durable and may not hold up to a lot of wear and tear over the years. The plastic wheels are also going to get worn down over time, and you have to be careful not to damage the machine.
- May struggle with tougher jobs : Due to the fact that it has a combined power rating of 2850, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is ideal for smaller residential jobs, but may have difficulty dealing with heavy duty cleanup jobs. What this means is that you should only buy it if you intend to occasionally use it around the house and yard, and not subject it to tough use over the years. This is a limitation in its design, rather than a red flag, but it’s worth pointing out.
The Pros of the AR Blue Clean AR383 definitely outweigh the Cons by a big margin, and as you can see some of these Cons are simply limitations placed on the pressure washer due to its intended use. This machine is meant to take care of small-scale jobs and light cleanup tasks around the home. As a result, it’s not going to be the kind of heavy duty machine with high PSI that commercial gas pressure washers are.
Because you want to keep your home and property looking great all year long, you want to make sure you are going to purchase the best possible pressure washer you can find. One of the best ways to do this is to do some comparison shopping before you decide on one. You’ll find that most small electric pressure washers have comparable PSI and GPM, but there is still some variance from one product to the next.
|AR Blue Clean|
|Black & Decker|
|Dimensions||11.2 x 12.2 x 28.5||14 x 11.5 x 27||15.5 x 16.5 x 23|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 11 Amp |
|120 V / 60 Hz||120 V / 60 Hz |
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 23-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Weight||27 pounds||28.2 pounds||31 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, there are some differences from one pressure washer to the next. While they all have similar PSI and GPMs, the AR Blue Clean AR383 has the highest power rating of the three, which is obtained by combining the PSI and GPM. The AR Blue Clean AR383 is also the lightest and most compact of the three machines, although it has the shortest hose. But it also has a detergent dispenser and a powerful axial-piston pump.
Whether it’s autumn or spring, there is always plenty of cleanup to do around your house and yard, and there is no better way to do it than with a compact residential pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR383. But it can be challenging to decide which model is best for your needs, which is why comparison shopping is so important. The following pros and cons ought to help you make up your mind as to whether the AR383 is right for you.
- Good PSI and flow rate.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Powerful motor and axial-piston pump.
- Hose reel with hand crank.
- Affordable price.
The fact that the AR Blue Clean AR383 has such a good power rating is due to its solid PSI and flow rate, and this is one of the most important criteria when you are looking for a new pressure washer. You want to be sure that it will be able to handle a wide range of jobs quickly and easily.
- The washer is cold water only.
- Plastic hose adapter may leak.
- High pressure hose is quite stiff.
- Key components are made of plastic.
- May struggle with tougher jobs.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is not perfect. It has the limitations of any small scale electric pressure washer, but beyond that it also has some issues of its own. The leaking plastic hose adapter is the most serious of these issues, although it does have a fairly easy fix.
For its price, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is one of the better residential electric pressure washers on the market today, and when it is used for its intended purposes it is powerful and efficient. For cleaning dirt, grime, mold, and even oil stains off of various surfaces around your property, you want a pressure washer that has a high power rating and the option to include detergent or chemical solvents in the spray. The AR Blue Clean AR383 has a high power rating for an electric pressure washer, and it has a convenient detachable foam reservoir for producing powerful sprays that can wash out almost any stain you could find around your house.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is a quiet, environmentally friendly, lightweight machine that is easy to use and dependably cleans whatever you throw it at. The main drawback it presents is the plastic hose adapter, but this is not an irresolvable problem.
In residential pressure washers, there is a wide range of prices from one company to another, and it is important to make sure you are getting a solid tool for a fair price. The AR Blue Clean AR383 has one of the more competitive price tags for a pressure washer in its class, which means you will not have to spend a fortune to get the kind of cleaning power you need. This pressure washer is powerful and versatile enough to handle just about any task you could find for it, and yet it still has a very fair price. That’s something you don’t see very often these days.
AR Blue Clean AR383