AR Blue Clean AR112 Review
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: AR Blue Clean, AR Blue Clean Pressure Washers, Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
A hand carry pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR112 can save you a lot of time and cut down significantly on the workload that comes with maintaining your home. There are literally dozens of different jobs you can use a hand carry pressure washer for, from the top to the bottom of the house. Whether you need to power wash second story windows or clean out your gutters, a pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR112 is portable and lightweight enough that you will be able to easily carry it with you to the tops of ladders. You can also clean brickwork, masonry and vinyl siding quickly and effortlessly with the AR Blue Clean AR112. Then there are all of the cleanup jobs you can do with it around the yard, from washing your car or grill to spraying down your deck and sidewalks. This is a great pressure washer for anyone who wants to get more of their weekends back.
The AR Blue Clean AR112 is an electric hand carry pressure washer that is designed to be as lightweight and compact as possible while still delivering a solid cleaning power rating. In fact, this is one of the few hand carry pressure washers that combines a high enough max pressure and flow rate to provide a cleaning power rating that is competitive with the average two-wheeled electric pressure washer. That means that you are going to be able to use the AR Blue Clean AR112 on big, tough cleaning jobs while also being able to take it with you wherever you need to go.
This is the kind of convenience that will give you lots of versatility for all kinds of different tasks. And that’s really what you want in a hand carry pressure washer: versatility. You do not want to get a machine that will not be able to provide the kind of serious cleaning ability that the AR Blue Clean AR112 has. You need to be able to rely on your pressure washer to tackle lots of different jobs if it is really going to be the kind of machine that can save you a lot of time and work on household chores.
The AR Blue Clean AR112 is an electric hand carry pressure washer with a 120 Volt / 60 Hertz motor and a 3-axial piston wobble-plate pump. It can deliver a maximum pressure of 1600 PSI at a flow rate of 1.58 gallons per minute, giving it a cleaning power rating of 2528.
|Dimensions||7.5 x 10 x 18|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz (induction)|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Foam dispenser|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
The AR Blue Clean AR112 weighs just 18.2 pounds and has dimensions of 7.5 x 10 x 18 inches. It produces a cold water spray and has a 1/4 inch x 20 foot hose made of tough PVC plastic. Its power cord is thirty feet long, and it has an adjustable jet, ergonomic spray gun with a foam dispenser.
Don’t be surprised by how small the AR Blue Clean AR112 is when you first get it out of its box: after all, this is a pressure washer that is designed to make sure you will be able to easily take it with you wherever you go. And it won’t just be easy to carry with you – it is also small enough that you could store it just about anywhere, even on a closet shelf or in a cabinet. That means you are getting a convenient tool that you can use anywhere on your property, and one that will not take up so much storage space to give you any headaches.
Unlike a gas powered pressure washer, there is almost no maintenance that needs to be performed in order to keep the AR Blue Clean AR112 running smoothly. You will never have to change an air filter or check the oil, and you won’t need to keep smelly cans of gasoline on hand to run it. Plus, the AR Blue Clean AR112 won’t ever produce any carbon emissions, which means that you’ll be doing your part for the environment. But it also means that you will be able to conveniently use the AR Blue Clean AR112 even in enclosed spaces without having to worry about harmful fumes.
But what really sets the AR Blue Clean AR112 apart from other pressure washers is the level of convenience it has to offer you. You can take it high up on a ladder for hard to reach jobs. You can adjust the spray jet to tackle delicate as well as tough cleanup jobs. The power cord and hose are designed to give you a larger range of motion while you are using it. And the detergent injector kit allows you to take out even those stains that water alone can’t wash away. This is a great pressure washer that has everything you need.
There are plenty of great points to talk about on the AR Blue Clean AR112, which is a pressure washer that is truly enjoyable to use. It’s so compact and lightweight that you can take it anywhere you need to use it, but it still manages to provide the kind of extra power needed for big jobs. It’s easier to use than other pressure washers in its class, and it’s designed to last a lot longer, too. And you get all of this quality at great price.
- Take it with you anywhere : The AR Blue Clean AR112 is a pressure washer that is truly made to be as portable and easy to store as possible. It’s compact enough that you can find space for it in even the most crowded tool shed. And at just eighteen pounds, this pressure washer is lightweight enough that anyone can easily carry it with them. Plus, because it has a thirty foot long cord and a twenty foot long hose, you have a much wider range of motion.
- Lots of power in a smaller package : In spite of the fact that the AR Blue Clean AR112 is such a compact and lightweight machine, it still packs a lot of power. That’s because the 120 Volt motor and three axial-piston wobble plate pump are designed to provide all of the high pressure cleaning power you need in a much sleeker and more streamlined design that does not take up as much room. As a result you are getting a cleaning power rating that is comparable to what much larger machines offer.
- Easy to assemble and operate : The AR Blue Clean AR112 only takes a few minutes to finish putting together, and the instructions are clear and easy to understand. And this is one of the easier pressure washers to operate as well. It has an automatic safety valve with pressure shut-off at the pump head. It’s got a fully adjustable spray head on its gun wand assembly. And adding soap to the spray is easy with the detergent injector kit.
- Solid design guarantees longer life : The three axial-piston wobble plate pump is designed using tempered stainless steel plungers, which are guaranteed to last longer than those used on other pump styles. And the AR Blue Clean AR112 has an induction-style motor that is also built to provide hundreds more hours of reliable power than other electric pressure washers can claim. That means this is probably the last pressure washer you will ever need to buy.
- Really great price : Best of all, you are getting all of that quality and performance at a price point that is significantly below average for a pressure washer in this class. With the amount of power that is packed into the compact AR Blue Clean AR112, along with the high quality of its components and design, one would generally expect to pay a lot more for a pressure washer like this one.
I think it’s clear why the AR Blue Clean AR112 get such a high rating across all five categories. In every area where it really counts and significantly affects performance, this pressure washer scored very high. It packs serious cleaning power into a compact and easy to use package. It’s built to last for a very long time and provide all of the cleaning ability you need for even the biggest jobs. And it gives you all of that at a great price.
Now, the AR Blue Clean AR112 is not entirely perfect. But even though it does have a few minor drawbacks, none of these Cons are serious enough that they could take away meaningfully from all of the excellent Pros this pressure washer has to offer its owner. It still provides one of the higher cleaning power ratings you can find on a hand carry electric residential machine. And nothing could really take away too much from the fact that it is built to last much longer than similarly priced machines.
- Intake nozzles are plastic : This is one of those problems that is so common with residential electric pressure washers that it almost isn’t fair to include it in the Cons column. These days, most manufacturers tend to cut corners by making intake connectors that are plastic, but almost all of them will eventually develop leaks as the threading gets worn down. To avoid this, replace the intake nozzle with a brass fitting – you can do this easily for only a few bucks.
- Only provides a cold water spray : Again, it is also fairly common that electric pressure washers, no matter what class they are in do not provide a hot water spray option. You can always attempt to get around this by running hot water through the machine from the tap, but with a flow rate of 1.58 gallons per minute, you will drain your hot water heater pretty quickly doing that.
- May struggle on the toughest jobs : Even though the AR Blue Clean AR112 has a cleaning power rating of more than 2500 units, thanks largely to its max PSI of 1600, there are some jobs that it may struggle with. For example, it does not quite have the pressure necessary to strip paint off of the deck, and serious oil stains might be problematic. But for most jobs you could find around the house, this pressure washer should do just fine.
- PVC hose can be difficult to work with : Manufacturers like to use PVC plastic for the high pressure hoses on these machines because they are tough enough that they will not develop leaks along the seams, no matter how highly pressurized the water stream is. But the drawback to PVC hoses is that they tend to be rather stiff, and this can make it hard to uncoil them to their full length, especially if the pressure washer hasn’t been used in a while.
- I would like to see more pressure : A PSI of 1600 units is nothing to sneeze at, and for most jobs this will be more than enough pressure. At the same time, if the three axial-piston pump provided just a few hundred more pounds per square inch, that would kick the cleaning power rating up above 3,000 and put the AR Blue Clean AR112 in serious contention with a lot of the much larger pressure washers.
As I think you will agree the AR Blue Clean AR112 does not have the kind of serious problems that could really affect its overall performance or ability too much. You will probably want to swap out the plastic connectors for brass ones, but it’s hard to find an electric pressure washer these days where that isn’t the case. And while a bit more pressure is always nice, overall I think the AR Blue Clean AR112 has everything you will need for the majority of cleanup jobs around the house.
While the Pros and Cons lists outlined above give you a pretty thorough understanding of where the AR Blue Clean AR112 really shines and the areas in which it could stand to see a bit of improvement, they don’t tell you anything about how it compares to similar pressure washers made by the competition. And as anyone knows, that is really the best way to determine whether a given product is the right one for you is by shopping around.
|AR Blue Clean
|Dimensions||7.5x10x18||15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9||10.2x12x20|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz
|120 V / 60 Hz||120 V / 60 Hz|
|Pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial|
|5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)||Adjustable jet
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
|Weight||18.2 pounds||31 pounds||18 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, the AR Blue Clean AR112 has a cleaning power rating that is high for a hand carry model; its max pressure is also not too much lower than what bigger, two-wheel models like the Sun Joe have to offer. But the AR Blue Clean AR112 is also much smaller and lighter than the Sun Joe, which means you will have an easier time taking it with you wherever you need to use it.
The AR Blue Clean AR112 is a solid pressure washer when you compare it to similar models made by the competition; I think it’s pretty clear that it’s a bargain. But before you make your final decision about whether to buy it, I think we should take one more look at the Pros and Cons.
- Take it with you anywhere.
- Lots of power in a smaller package.
- Easy to assemble and operate.
- Solid design guarantees longer life.
- Really great price.
The AR Blue Clean AR112 is extremely portable and lightweight, but it also provides a high level of cleaning power. It’s easy to use and built tough so it will last a long time. And it gives you all of this at a price that is much lower than the industry average.
- Intake nozzles are plastic.
- Only provides a cold water spray.
- May struggle on the toughest jobs.
- PVC hose can be difficult to work with.
- I would like to see more pressure.
Most of the problems I could find with the AR Blue Clean AR112 are fairly common issues with electric residential pressure washers, and none of them seriously affected its overall performance. While a few areas could be tweaked and improved, I think the AR Blue Clean AR112 is still a solid pressure washer.
There is almost no limit to the different applications a pressure washer like the AR Blue Clean AR112 can have around the home. With a portable, high powered machine like this on your side, you can tackle just about any residential cleanup job out there in less time and without nearly as much effort as it would take without one. The AR Blue Clean AR112 has all of the cleaning power you need to handle a wide range of different jobs, and it is small and light enough that you can take it with you anywhere. Because it doesn’t produce any emissions, you can even use it in an enclosed space like your garage – or even indoors – without any problems. And because its components are built of tough, long-lasting materials, you know that you can count on the AR Blue Clean AR112 for many years to come. This is a great pressure washer.
And one of the best features on the AR Blue Clean AR112 is its price tag. It can be hard to find a solid portable pressure washer that provides this kind of cleaning power rating and quality design and components at such a competitive price. With a price point that is well below the industry average, just about anyone should be able to easily fit the AR Blue Clean AR112 into their household budget. And with all of the time and energy that the AR Blue Clean AR112 is going to save you over the years, I think it’s worth every penny.