Recharge Mower PMLI-14 Review
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Lawn Mower, Best Lawn Mower, Electric Lawn Mower Reviews, Lawn Mower Reviews, Recharge Mower, Recharge Mower Lawn Mowers,|
A cordless electric lawn mower can be one of the best products you can buy to enhance your lawn and garden care experience. There are a number of distinct advantages that an electric lawn more with a rechargeable battery can offer over any other lawn mower on the market today. Not only do you get to enjoy the freedom from relying on gas to power your lawn mower, along with all of the drawbacks that come with that, but you also have better range of motion and greater ease of use than you would get with a plug in electric mower.
But not all cordless electric mowers are the same. There is a wide range of power and performance ability from one model to the next. One of the main ways cordless electric lawn mowers compare depends on the kind of battery they have. The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has a lithium ion battery, which is the best power source you can get for a cordless lawn mower today.
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is the kind of state of the art cordless electric lawn mower that is going to make your life a lot easier as soon as you start using it. Because it has a lithium ion battery instead of the traditional (and frankly outdated) lead iron design, it is able to be fully charged in less time, using less power, than other batteries. It will also be able to be recharged hundreds more times than other battery designs, which will give the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 a longer overall life than you could expect with an inferior cordless electric lawn mower.
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 can cut up to 1/4 of an acre on a single charge – which is more than enough area for the average suburban homeowner’s lawn size. The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is lighter and more compact than other battery powered lawn mowers, mostly because the lithium ion battery is so superior and lightweight. You can cut a fifteen inch swath with the Recharge Mower PMLI-14, which means you will have no trouble finishing cutting your lawn in fewer passes and less time.
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is a battery powered electric lawn mower that has a 36 volt lithium ion battery that takes just two hours to fully charge. It has a run time of thirty minutes and can cut up to 1/4 an acre in that time. It has a fifteen inch wide cutting deck and mulch and bag options.
|Dimensions||47.8 x 15.9 x 35.7 inches|
|Power||36V Removable Battery (Inc. 1 Li-Ion battery)|
|Charge Time||2 Hours to 100%|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch and bag|
|Cutting Area||up to 1/4 acre|
(conditions may vary)
|up to 30 minutes|
|Drive System||Manual Push|
|Height Adjustment||One point (6 positions)|
|Height Settings||0-3/4- to 2-3/4-inch|
|Wheel Size||6-inch front / 6.5-inch rear|
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is 47.8 x 15.9 x 35.7 inches in size and it weighs just 35 pounds. It has a manual push drive and six inch front wheels and 6.5 inch rear wheels. The wheels have one point height adjustment with six settings ranging from 3/4 to 2 3/4 inches.
You might be a bit taken aback by how little the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 weighs when you first unpack it. At just 35 pounds, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is light enough that you will be able to lift it right out of its box with little effort. Most battery powered lawn mowers tend to weigh a lot more, making them rather cumbersome and unwieldy, and often fairly difficult for a lot of users to operate. But the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is not like those lawn mowers – and weight is just the first reason why.
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is a state of the art cordless lawn mower that has the most modern battery you can find under the hood. With a lithium ion battery, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has the kind of technology that is designed to make your life a lot easier. The battery in the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 charges more quickly and has a longer overall life than any other battery out there today. For those reasons alone, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 would be a great purchase.
But the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is also well designed overall. It is sleek, compact, and has lots of convenient features that help make using it to cut your lawn easier than ever. It’s easy to switch between any of the six grass cutting heights, which means you will have no trouble giving your lawn the healthiest possible cut. It has a mulch plug and rear bag included, so you can make sure you are doing exactly what you want with clippings to keep your grass lush and shiny. This is a great lawn mower with lots to offer.
There are a number of outstanding features on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 that set it apart from a lot of other electric lawn mowers – both cordless and plug in. The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has a superior battery that charges faster and has a much longer life than other kinds of batteries. In addition to that, it has a great design that allows you to take better care of your lawn without spending the entire weekend doing it. Let’s take a look at the top five features on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14.
- Powerful lithium ion battery : Lithium ion batteries are the wave of the future in cordless technology, and they offer a number of advantages over other forms of power. They are much smaller and more lightweight than lead acid batteries, which allows the entire lawn mower to be more compact. A lithium ion battery can reach a full charge much faster than other kinds of batteries. And they do not need to be fully drained before recharging, unlike lead-acid batteries.
- Can cut up to a quarter acre : The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has the ability to cut a yard that is a quarter of an acre, which is about the same size as four tennis courts laid end to end – and more than enough area to take care of the average suburban lawn on a single charge. While the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 may not be able to tackle the largest lawns without having to be recharged, for most homeowners an area of 1/4 of an acre should be plenty.
- Single point height adjustment : There are six cutting heights on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14, which will allow you to always choose exactly the right height every time so that you can be sure your lawn is always getting the healthiest possible cut. And unlike other lawn mowers that make you adjust each wheel individually, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has a single point height adjustment that is much quicker and simpler to use. That saves you time and makes cutting the lawn easier.
- Zero emissions production : Unlike gas powered lawn mowers, which the EPA estimates are responsible for a large percentage of the carbon emissions produced by households in the United States every year, and electric lawn mower like the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 will never produce a single carbon emission at the point of use. And because its lithium ion battery is much more efficient and charges more quickly than other types of batteries, you cut down on your total energy consumption as well.
- Easier to use than other mowers : The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 comes with a number of features that make it easier to use than other mowers. You won’t have all of the trouble of maintenance that gas powered lawn mowers force you to do. And because you do not have to deal with a power cord, you can take the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 anywhere you want to. Plus, it comes with mulch and rear bag collection included, so you can easily do whatever you like with clippings.
As you can see, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has a lot of great features that make it one of the best cordless lawn mowers on the market today. For homeowners with small to medium sized lawns, this is a great option that will allow you to save money on running it, enjoy an easier lawn cutting experience, and leave your lawn looking better than ever before. The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is a great lawn mower that can help make your weekend a lot more enjoyable.
Unfortunately it’s near to impossible to find a lawn mower that is completely perfect: it seems that every one out there has one or two minor drawbacks that impact their overall performance slightly. The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is no exception to that, although overall it does not have any of the drawbacks that would make it difficult to operate or provide inferior grass cutting ability. Let’s take a look at a few of the Cons I found on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14.
- Only a fifteen inch cutting width : Fifteen inches is not necessarily a small cutting width by any means – it will still cut a decent swath that will have you finishing your lawn care duties in fewer passes and less time than a lot of other lawn mowers out there. But just by bumping the cutting width of the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 up three or four more inches would go a long way to increasing its overall cutting area and reducing the total time you would have to spend on your lawn.
- Runtime is only 30 minutes : The runtime on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is shorter than what a lot of other models in its class are able to offer – though not by much. Still, an extra ten or twenty minutes could significantly increase the amount of grass you could cut with the Recharge Mower PMLI-14. That would mean that those of you who have bigger yards could get a complete cut without having to wait an hour or two to recharge the battery.
- Wheels are a bit small : While the wheels on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 are certainly sufficient – at six inches in the front and 6.5 inches in the rear – they could definitely be a bit bigger. Larger wheels would help to make the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 steadier, which would give your grass a more even cut, especially if you have a fairly rough or bumpy lawn. Still, this is not that big of an issue, and if you have a flat lawn you should be fine.
- May have difficulty with thick, tall grass : This is a common problem for all electric and even some gas powered lawn mowers as well. Without the kind of serious torque that can drive right through dense, tall grass, lawn mowers like the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 can tend to get bogged down a bit. That doesn’t mean the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 will not be able to cut denser lawns, of course. But it does mean you should avoid letting your grass get too long before you cut it.
- Not the least expensive in its class : There is an old adage that you get what you pay for, and it is almost always the case. So while the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is not the least expensive battery powered lawn mower on the market, you should consider why. It has a state of the art battery that is going to last a lot longer than those on cheaper lawn mowers. So while those people who decided not to spend a bit of extra money up front are replacing their lawn mowers, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 will still be going strong.
I think you will agree that these Cons do not really take away anything from all of the outstanding Pros the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has to offer – and frankly, most of them are very minor issues that probably won’t present any problems at all. In spite of these drawbacks, the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 remains a very well designed lawn mower with the best battery design in the world today. As if that weren’t enough, it consistently ranks as good as or better than its competition.
Looking at the Pros and Cons of a product is going to tell you a lot about its individual strengths and weaknesses, which is quite useful. But the best way to find out whether that product is definitely the right one for you is by comparing it to similar models to see how it stacks up in key product specs. That way you can determine whether it is really the best or if another model might be the one.
|Black & Decker
|Dimensions||47.8 x 15.9 x 35.7 inches||37.5 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches||26.8 x 16.1 x 13.2 inches|
|Power||36V Removable Battery
(Inc. 1 Li-Ion battery)
|36V Integrated Battery
(Inc. 1 battery)
|24V Removable Battery
(Inc. 1 battery)
|Charge Time||2 Hours to 100%||12 Hours to 100%||5 Hours to 100%|
|Deck Size (cutting swath)||15-inch||18-inch||14-inch|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch and bag||Rear bag (mulching insert and side discharge chute sold separately)||Mulch, bag, and discharge|
|Cutting Area||up to 1/4 acre||up to 1/3 acre||up to 1/3 acre|
|Runtime charge (conditions may vary)||up to 30 minutes||up to 45 minutes||up to 40 minutes|
|Drive System||Manual Push||Manual Push||Manual Push|
|Starter||Handle pull||Handle pull||Key + Push button|
|Height Adjustment||One point (6 positions)||One point (single lever adjusts all four wheels simultaneously)||Handle (6 positions)|
|Height Settings||0-3/4- to 2-3/4-inch||1-1/2- to 3-1/2-inch||1-4/5- to 3-1/3-inch|
|Wheel Size||6-inch front / 6.5-inch rear||7-inch front / 8-inch rear||7.5-inch front / 7.5-inch rear|
|Weight||35 pounds||64 pounds||32 pounds|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years|
The lithium ion battery in the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 cuts its total charge time down to a fraction of what other cordless electric lawn mowers can offer – which can make your job a lot easier. While the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 does not have the longest run time of a cordless lawn mower, it has a solid cutting area thanks in part to its solid deck size. Best of all, it is very light in comparison to other cordless lawn mowers and comes with multiple grass clippings management options.
When you compare the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 to other lawn mowers, it is clear which one has the most state of the art technology under the hood. But before you decide to buy the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 based on that alone, let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons just to be sure.
- Powerful lithium ion battery.
- Can cut up to a quarter acre.
- Single point height adjustment.
- Zero emissions production.
- Easier to use than other mowers.
The Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has one of the best batteries in the business, but it is loaded with other great features as well. It can cut a decent sized area and has a design that makes it much easier to use than other cordless or plug in electric mowers.
- Only a fifteen inch cutting width.
- Runtime is only 30 minutes.
- Wheels are a bit small.
- May have difficulty with thick, tall grass.
- Not the least expensive in its class.
While the cutting width on the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 is not the biggest in the world, it is adequate, and the same can be said for its run time. Other than that, it does not have any real drawbacks. And while it is a bit more expensive than other models, I think the price is worth it.
A battery powered electric lawn mower can do a lot to make your yard and garden chores not only easier to finish but also more environmentally conscious and budget friendly in the long run. With a machine like the Recharge Mower PMLI-14, which boasts a state of the art lithium ion battery and a great overall design, you are getting one of the best cordless lawn mowers on the market today. This lawn mower will be able to be fully charged faster, which will save you a lot of time and money, and it delivers solid performance over a longer life than other battery powered lawn mowers can offer. It is lightweight, compact and easy to use, and it comes with multiple grass clippings management options. Overall I think this is a great purchase for homeowners who have small to medium sized lawns and want to keep them looking great for many years.
While it is not the cheapest lawn mower on the market, the fact that it will outlive other models and use less power to charge the battery cuts down on the price when you take the long view. When other consumers have to buy a new lawn mower to replace their cheaper models in just a few years, you are going to be enjoying performance levels that are the same as when your Recharge Mower PMLI-14 was brand new. That long life, along with the high level of performance the Recharge Mower PMLI-14 has to offer, make the price tag more than reasonable.