Greenworks 26022 Review
|(Rated: 4.3 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Electric Snow Blower Reviews, Greenworks, Greenworks Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Reviews,|
If you have a smaller property with a moderately sized driveway, and you do not live in a region that experiences particularly heavy snow fall, you do not have to get the biggest or most powerful snow blower in order to keep your property clear through the winter. This is a great position to be in, because it gives you a much wider set of options for which model to purchase, and as a result, you can shop competitively to find a snow blower that can get the job done without breaking the bank. A smaller snow blower will have limitations in terms of its ability to handle heavy snowstorms, but if you typically do not experience them, then you don’t need a big snow blower. The Greenworks 26022 is a compact, lightweight snow blower designed to handle moderate snow fall quickly and efficiently. And it has a very competitive price tag.
The Greenworks 26022 is a competitively priced, compact snow blower designed to handle moderate snow fall on smaller driveways. It has overall dimensions of just 43 x 17 x 35 inches and weighs only 26 pounds. At the same time, it has a clearance width of 16 inches and can handle snow fall of up to six inches. It has an adjustable, ergonomic design, big rear wheels for easier maneuverability, and it’s very quiet and produces zero emissions. Because it is a smaller snow blower that is designed for more compact jobs, Greenworks is able to offer it at a very competitive price that makes it one of the most inexpensive snow blowers in its size class.
At the same time, there are limitations to what a budget snow blower such as this one can handle. It is not designed to handle snow fall that is any heavier than six inches. And because it has a slightly smaller clearance width, it will not handle very big jobs as efficiently as a wider snow blower could. It will have difficulty clearing wet, heavy snow, and its snow chute does not have a fully 180 degree turning radius. But for its abilities, the Greenworks 26022 is a great bargain, and it is able to handle light snow fall well.
The Greenworks 26022 is an electric snow blower with dimensions of 43 x 17 x 35 inches. It has a 10 amp motor with a push button starter. Its clearing width is 16 inches and its snow cut depth is six inches. It has a per minute clearance capacity of up to 600 pounds, and it can throw snow up to 25 feet.
|Dimensions||43 x 17 x 35 inches|
|Clearing Width||16 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||6 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 600 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet|
|Chute Control||Handle 60°|
Its drive system is a manual push operation, and it has six inch radial wheels. Its handle is adjustable and ergonomically designed. The snow chute has a 60 degree turning radius that is manually controlled. The snow blower weighs 26 pounds. It comes with a four year warranty, twice the industry standard.
The Greenworks 26022 is an electric snow blower designed to handle moderate snow fall on smaller properties. Because of that, the manufacturer is able to offer it at a price that is considerably lower than average for comparably sized machines. The Greenworks 26022 has an overall footprint of just 43 x 17 x 35 inches and it weighs only 26 pounds. This means it will be no trouble to find adequate storage space for this snow blower in your garage or tool shed. Along it its six inch radial wheels, the snow blower’s light weight means it will be extremely maneuverable for any users, regardless of their age or strength level.
Because of its dimensions, there are some limitations to what the Greenworks 26022 can handle. It has a sixteen inch clearance width, which is a bit smaller than average for electric snow blowers. As a result on bigger jobs it may not clear snow as efficiently as one would like. The snow blower also has a six inch snow cut depth, which means it will not be able to effectively clear very heavy snow fall. But if you live in a region that does not typically experience very heavy snow fall, these dimensions will probably be just right for your needs, especially if you have a one or two car driveway on your property.
As a result, if these conditions apply to your situation, you do not necessarily need to spend a great deal of money to get a much larger snow blower; instead, you can enjoy the savings the Greenworks 26022 offers and still be able to clear snow quickly and effectively with it. All things considered, this machine has a lot of great features to offer the more frugal homeowner who does not regularly experience blizzards in their area.
There are a number of features that help to make the Greenworks 26022 an excellent, compact snow blower that can get medium and smaller jobs completed more quickly and efficiently than many similar machines on the market today. It is quiet and environmentally friendly, has compact dimensions and is lightweight, has big wheels and a convenient, ergonomic design. And it is one of the least expensive electric snow blowers in its size class.
- Very quiet and environmentally friendly : One of the most attractive features of electric snow blowers is the fact that unlike gas powered machines, they are very quiet and produce zero emissions at the point of use. With an electric snow blower like the Greenworks 26022, you do not have to worry about disturbing your neighbors even if you are clearing your driveway early in the morning before you leave for work. And because it runs clean, you can reduce your household’s carbon footprint by switching to this machine.
- Big six inch radial wheels for better maneuverability : The Greenworks 26022 has extra large six inch radial wheels supporting it, which will help to make it more maneuverable than a snow blower with smaller wheels can be. Because it has such big wheels, it is easier to move it through the snow with less effort on your part, which is important when you are using a manual push snow blower. It won’t slip as easily on icy patches, and will be easier to turn as well.
- Adjustable, ergonomic design : The handle on the Greenworks 26022 is adjustable so that users of varying heights can make sure they are using it at the most comfortable angle for them. It is also ergonomically designed to reduce the amount of back or shoulder strain you experience when using it. Unlike other models, which force you to hunch over to use them, the Greenworks 26022 adjusts to your needs so you can have an improved snow clearing experience.
- Compact and lightweight : The Greenworks 26022 has overall dimensions of just 43 x 17 x 35 inches, and it only weighs 26 pounds. That compact footprint will ensure that it is much easier to find enough storage space for it in your garage or tool shed. And its ultra light weight means that just about anyone will find it’s easy to use and maneuver around their driveway, regardless of their age or strength level.
- Competitively priced : In spite of the fact that the Greenworks 26022 is quiet, environmentally friendly, easy to use and adept at clearing a large amount of snow per minute, it is still very competitively priced. This is one of the less expensive electric snow blowers in its size class. And in addition to that, it comes with a four year manufacturer’s warranty, which is twice the industry standard, so you can rest easy that Greenworks will be there to help if you have any problems.
When you have a smaller property, you can enjoy all of the benefits of a compact, ergonomic and environmentally friendly snow blower like the Greenworks 26022. And you do not have to spend an arm and a leg to get it. This machine has the kind of convenient design and user friendly features that you want in a snow blower, and it does not have the kind of price tag that is going to dissuade more frugal readers.
Of course, at its very competitive price, you are going to have a hard time not experiencing some drawbacks when compared to bigger, more expensive machines. The Greenworks 26022 has limitations to its clearing width and snow cut depth, and it has trouble with wet, heavy snow. Its snow throwing chute has a rather limited turning radius. And in spite of its big wheels, its auger has trouble navigating more uneven ground. Let’s look at each of these in turn.
- Does not work well with wet, heavy snow : In part because it has a 10 amp motor, and in part because it is on the smaller side, the Greenworks 26022 has trouble with wet, heavy snow – especially slushier snow that has been allowed to sit for too long. As a result it’s best to use this machine when snow has just finished accumulating and is still fairly dry and light. Otherwise it may have difficulty clearing snow at all.
- Snow cut depth is up to six inches : Because it has a snow cut depth of only six inches, you may experience problems using the Greenworks 26022 if you live in a region that regularly gets much heavier snow fall. In regions of the country that typically experience less than six inches of snow fall at one time, it should be fine, but in areas like the Northeast, you may want a bigger machine that has a higher snow cut depth designed for handling big blizzards.
- Snow chute has limited turning radius : The turning radius on the snow chute is only 60 degrees, which will hamper your efforts to quickly and efficiently clear wider driveways, and may force you to go over the same snow twice. This is in spite of the fact that the Greenworks 26022 can throw snow up to 25 feet away – the limited radius means you will mostly be throwing snow forward, to the front of the machine, instead of to the sides.
- Clearing width is on the smaller side : The clearing width on the Greenworks 26022 is only 16 inches, which is on the smaller side for most electric snow blowers. The typical width is usually 18 inches; while that is a small difference, those two inches could wind up forcing you to spend more time clearing your driveway than you want, because they can add up in terms of how many passes you have to make to finish the job. But on smaller driveways this should not be a huge problem.
- Can have difficulty with uneven ground : In spite of the fact that the Greenworks 26022 has big, six inch radial wheels, the auger may have some difficulty with uneven ground. You may have problems finding the right angle to hold the machine at so the auger remains level, instead of digging into the ground or leaving a layer of snow behind. On hard surfaces this is less of a problem, but you may still find yourself having trouble with it.
These Cons are primarily reflections of the limitations placed on the Greenworks 26022 by the kind of job it is designed to handle. This is not a machine for keeping large properties clear of heavy snow fall through the winder. But for average suburban properties in regions that do not experience very heavy snow storms through the winter, it should do just fine in spite of its limitations. For the right job this is a solid snow blower.
I think it is important to thoroughly compare a particular product with those made by its competitors, and this is doubly the case when you are buying a big, expensive appliance such as a snow blower. This is the best way to get a clear picture of how one model stacks up against other, similar models, which gives you a clear picture of which one will be right for you. The following table compares the Greenworks 26022 with the Snow Joe Ultra 622U1 and the Toro 38381.
|Snow Joe Ultra|
|Dimensions||43 x 17 x 35 inches||45 x 19 x 38 inches||47 x 18 x 36.2 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Motor||10 amp||13 amp||15 amp|
|Clearing Width||16 inches||19 inches||18 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||6 inches||11 inches||12 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 600 pounds||Up to 800 pounds||Up to 700 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 25 feet||Up to 20 feet||Up to 30 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Handle 60°||Handle 180°||Handle 180°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Weight||26 pounds||43 pounds||26 pounds|
|Warranty||4 years||2 years||2 years|
The Greenworks 26022 is the smallest of the three models, and along with the Toro, it’s the lightest. But it also has the least powerful motor, the smallest clearing width and the shortest snow cut depth. The other models have higher per minute capacities as well. But it’s important to note that the Greenworks 26022 is also significantly less expensive than either of the other two models. If you have a smaller driveway and don’t get heavy snow fall, those savings make a lot of sense.
You don’t always have to get the biggest snow blower, especially if you live in a region that does not experience heavy snow fall, or if your property is not so big that you need a wider snow clearance. A snow blower that can handle moderate snow fall and still has an efficiently wide clearance, but that is also much cheaper than larger models, could be just right for your needs.
- Very quiet and environmentally friendly.
- Big six inch radial wheels for better maneuverability.
- Adjustable, ergonomic design.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Competitively priced.
The Greenworks 26022 is very quiet and produces zero emissions. Its wheels and handle are designed to make it as comfortable and easy as possible to use. It’s compact and lightweight, so it will be easy to store and maneuver around your driveway. And it is significantly cheaper than similar models.
- Does not work well with wet, heavy snow.
- Snow cut depth is up to six inches.
- Snow chute has limited turning radius.
- Clearing width is on the smaller side.
- Can have difficulty with uneven ground.
There are limitations to what the Greenworks 26022 is capable of. It will not work well with slushy, wet snow and it will not be able to handle heavy snow fall that is any greater than six inches. Its snow chute only turns 60 degrees, and its clearing width is just 16 inches. Its auger may have difficulty negotiating uneven terrain easily.
If you live in a region of the country that does not receive heavy snow fall often in the winter, but typically gets less than six inches at any one time, it is not necessary to buy a big, expensive snow blower. You also do not necessarily need the widest clearance ability in order to quickly and efficiently take care of modestly sized driveways and shorter walkways. When this is the case, a smaller, more compact and less expensive electric snow blower such as the Greenworks 26022 might be exactly what you need. This snow blower is designed to handle moderate snow fall and clear smaller areas. As a result, while it is smaller and has a shorter snow cut depth than other models, it is also significantly less expensive than they are as well. As a result, more frugal homeowners who live in regions of the country that experience moderate snow fall can enjoy the benefits of a solid electric snow blower in the Greenworks 26022 without having to spend too much money to get it.
As I’ve mentioned several times in this review, the Greenworks 26022 is a very competitively priced electric snow blower that is significantly less expensive than most comparably sized machines. It provides all of the advantages of an electric snow blower to homeowners who do not live in regions that experience very heavy snow fall without costing too much. If you are a frugal minded reader, and you typically get less than six inches of snow fall at any one time, this could be the perfect snow blower for you. It has some limitations, but you may not need an overly big or powerful snow blower; if this is the case, the savings the Greenworks 26022 affords you are significant.