Sun Joe SPX3000 Review
|(Rated: 4.4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews, Sun Joe, Sun Joe Pressure Washers,|
It can take a lot of work to keep your home looking great all year round. You need different tools for different seasons, and that is why Snow Joe doesn’t just make snow blowers, but a variety of great electric appliances for a number of different chores. Among their fleet of outstanding products is their line of pressure washers, and among them, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is one of the best.
This is an electric pressure washer designed for tough jobs around the house. And it shows. The Sun Joe SPX3000 is designed to provide a lot of washing power in a compact package. And it has the kind of outstanding features that make it a very convenient pressure washer for all kinds of applications. It has enough pressure options to allow it to tackle a lot of different jobs – and because it’s electric, you can use it indoors as well as outside.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 has a lot to offer its owner. First of all, because it is an electric pressure washer, you can comfortably use it outdoors as well as in enclosed spaces without having to worry about harmful fumes. The Sun Joe SPX3000 runs clean – and produces no emissions at the point of use. This has a few advantages. Not only is the Sun Joe SPX3000 better for the environment than a gas powered residential pressure washer, it’s also better for your wallet. It will be much less expensive to power the Sun Joe SPX3000, and it also won’t need the kind of periodic maintenance that gas powered pressure washers require.
But don’t make the mistake of thinking that just because the Sun Joe SPX3000 is an electric pressure washer that it will not provide the kind of power and performance you need to keep your property looking great. The Sun Joe SPX3000 has the kind of high cleaning power rating you want on a residential pressure washer. It’s sure to take care of big jobs just as well as smaller ones. With five nozzle options, you will always be able to choose the right setting for any cleaning job. And the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the kind of convenient accessories and design that make it very user-friendly.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is a residential pressure washer with a robust electric motor that provides enough pressure to the direct-drive axial pump to deliver a cleaning power rating of more than 3500 units. It has an above average flow rate and a max pressure of over 2,000 pounds per square inch.
|Dimensions||15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz|
|Nozzle||5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
And the Sun Joe SPX3000 packs all of that cleaning power into a small package. It weighs just 31 pounds and has dimensions of only 15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9 inches. With five cleaning nozzles, you have plenty of options, and it features an onboard soap reservoir as well. It has a 20-foot PVC hose and a 35-foot power cord.
You may be surprised when you get the Sun Joe SPX3000 out of its box by how lightweight and compact it is. After all, this is a pressure washer that only weighs 31 pounds, and its dimensions are small enough that you could easily store it on a closet shelf. It isn’t big – but it packs a lot of power into a fairly small space.
That’s because the Sun Joe SPX3000 has a direct-drive axial cam pump that is capable of producing a fairly high maximum pressure of more than two thousand PSI. Its pump is able to do this in part because it is so well designed, but also because of the motor that’s backing it up. The Sun Joe SPX3000 has one of the more powerful motors you are going to find on an electric pressure washer.
All of this power means that you are going to be able to use the Sun Joe SPX3000 for just about any cleaning job you can find around your house. You can use it to wash your car by filling the onboard soap reservoir, attaching the soap nozzle, and setting the level of soap to whatever intensity you want. Then, switch to one of the wide angle nozzles to rinse off the car. You’ll never visit a car wash again!
Or, attach one of the more high pressure nozzles for cleaning your deck or washing down your concrete driveway. You will be simply amazed at how much better surfaces can look after washing them using nothing but high pressure cold water. Pretty soon you will be looking around your property to find new cleaning projects, just because the Sun Joe SPX3000 is so easy and convenient to use. And with an extra-long power cord, you can take the Sun Joe SPX3000 just about everywhere. You can even use it indoors because it produces zero emissions! This is a solid electric pressure washer at a great price.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 really does have a lot to offer its owner, and it’s these excellent features that make it such a great pressure washer. It manages to pack a powerful motor and serious cleaning power rating into a compact, lightweight package. And it provides great accessories and plenty of cleaning options. That means you will always be ready to take care of whatever cleaning job you might need it for. Let’s take a look at the Sun Joe SPX3000 in more detail.
- Solid cleaning power rating : The cleaning power rating is always going to be one of the first things you want to look for when you are shopping for a new pressure washer. This feature determines how well the pressure washer will perform. And with a rating of more than 3,000 the Sun Joe SPX3000 is a solid pressure washer. This is above average for most residential pressure washers, and it is very high for electric models. This is the power you need to get the job done.
- Five nozzle options : A high cleaning power rating is not going to be enough all by itself, though. That’s because there are plenty of jobs on which you will not want to be using the max pressure level – for example, when you’re washing your car. With the Sun Joe SPX3000, you have five nozzles with ascending pressure levels and spray widths. With these kinds of options at your fingertips, you will have no trouble picking the one that’s right for the job.
- Powerful 14.5 Amp motor : All of that cleaning power doesn’t come out of nowhere, of course. On the Sun Joe SPX3000 it is backed up by a powerful 14.5 Amp, 120 volt motor. This is the kind of solid power that makes the Sun Joe SPX3000 able to compete in terms of pressure and power rating with even some gas powered residential pressure washers. And the motor on the Sun Joe SPX3000 is designed to last. It won’t break down over time, unlike other motors.
- Great accessories : The level of convenience a pressure washer provides its operator really comes down to the accessories it offers. Any pressure washer can provide a high powered spray, but is it easy to use? On the Sun Joe SPX3000, the answer is a resounding yes. It has an onboard soap reservoir and a convenient soap level selector. It’s got an extra long power cord, a sturdy PVC hose, and convenient holster for the spray gun. This is a very user-friendly machine.
- Compact, lightweight design : It is not hard to find pressure washers that deliver high cleaning power ratings, but all too often those machines are big and bulky, and not at all easy to use. The Sun Joe SPX3000 provides all of the cleaning power you need in a very compact amount of space, and it weighs so little that just about anyone will have no trouble using it. That also means it will be much easier to find storage space for it.
These are the kind of features you want to look for on a residential pressure washer, and on every count the Sun Joe SPX3000 really delivers. This is a very convenient pressure washer that can handle the vast majority of cleanup jobs around the house. It’s compact and lightweight. It’s easy to use. And it has the kind of outstanding cleaning power rating and plenty of pressure options so you will always be prepared for any cleanup job.
After realizing exactly what the Sun Joe SPX3000 can offer its owner, it can come as a bit of a surprise that there are in fact a number of areas in which the pressure washer could stand a bit of improvement. But there are. I do not think that any of these really present serious design issues, and for the most part they won’t affect performance at all. But it is wise to know exactly where a product has strengths as well as drawbacks.
- Connections are plastic : This is a persistent problem on residential pressure washers these days, and it’s one I wish manufacturers would take the initiative to correct. The connections where the water hoses attach are made of threaded plastic, which is not very durable. As a result, they can tend to develop leaks over time. Brass fittings would be far superior. Of course, you can always replace the plastic fittings with brass ones yourself, but this can be a hassle.
- Cold water only : It is not uncommon for residential pressure washers to only have a cold water spray option, but it is worth mentioning all the same. Electric pressure washers generally do not have a hot water option, which is too bad, because it can make a big difference on some stains. Still, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has a solid cleaning power rating and enough nozzle options that you should be fine. In addition, the soap dispenser ensures you’re prepared for tough stains.
- Hose could be longer : The hose on the Sun Joe SPX3000 is only twenty feet long – which is about average for residential pressure washers. This should be enough to allow you to take care of most jobs without having to move the pressure washer around. But a few more feet could make a big difference. Still, twenty feet is not too limiting. And besides that, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is light enough that moving it around is not a big problem.
- The unit can get top-heavy : This is where the problem of having a shorter hose can be a real issue. If you are too far away from the Sun Joe SPX3000 and you give the hose an extra tug, there is a danger of the pressure washer tipping over. This is especially the case when the soap reservoir is full. This doesn’t have to be an issue – if you are careful, and don’t pull too hard on the hose, then it shouldn’t happen too often.
- May struggle with the toughest stains : Because it is a residential pressure washer, the Sun Joe SPX3000 will have some limitations as to the severity of stains it can deal with. Remember, this is a pressure washer primarily designed for household cleaning jobs. So if you are trying to use it to blast loose paint from walls or deal with serious oil stains, it may take longer to finish the job than you might like. But generally, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has few limits to what it can do.
I think that you will agree with me when I say that for the most part these are not very serious concerns. With the exception of the plastic fittings on the connection points, most of them are not even minor design flaws. And the plastic fittings can be replaced. All things considered, and in spite of these Cons, I still think the Sun Joe SPX3000 is a very solid residential pressure washer. It has what it takes to get the job done.
The best way to determine if a particular product is the right one for you is by doing some savvy comparison shopping. That way you can tell how well one pressure washer or another stacks up to what the competition is producing. And in just about every single category, the Sun Joe SPX3000 definitely holds its own. It provides one of the best cleaning power ratings you can find on an electric pressure washer, especially when you consider its size.
|Karcher K5.85 M
|AR Blue Clean
|Dimensions||15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9||15.6 x 14.3 x 35.4||9 x 14.5 x 10|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz||120 V / 60 Hz
|120 V / 60 Hz
|Pump||Direct-drive axial||Direct-drive axial aluminum pump||3 axial-piston wobble-plate|
|Nozzle||5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)||Adjustable jet
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
|Weight||31 pounds||36.5 pounds||11.7 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, all three pressure washes have comparably powerful motors, but the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest PSI and flow rate, and as a result it has the highest cleaning power rating as well. It’s the only one with five spray options, including an onboard soap reservoir. It has the longest power cord, and of the two-wheeled units, it is a bit smaller and more lightweight than the other. It definitely looks like the best one of the three.
You want to be absolutely certain that the pressure washer you are getting is the very best one you can find in your price range. I think the Sun Joe SPX3000 probably is. But just to be sure, it can be a good idea to take another look at the Pros and Cons before you make up your mind.
- Solid cleaning power rating.
- Five nozzle options.
- Powerful 14.5 Amp motor.
- Great accessories.
- Compact, lightweight design.
With a very solid cleaning power rating and plenty of nozzle options, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is definitely going to perform well. And because it is so compact and lightweight, it’s as easy to store as it is to use. Lots of accessories make it very convenient, and it has a motor that will last.
- Connections are plastic.
- Cold water only.
- Hose could be longer.
- The unit can get top-heavy.
- May struggle with the toughest stains.
The only one of these Cons that really presents an issue is the fact that the connections are plastic, but this is a common problem for residential pressure washers. Overall I do not think that any of these issues take away from the overall performance or design of the Sun Joe SPX3000.
A residential pressure washer like the Sun Joe SPX3000 can really make life easier for the average homeowner, and also save them a lot of money over the long run. That is because there are suddenly lots of cleaning jobs that you can do yourself quickly and efficiently, instead of hiring a professional cleaning service to take care of them. The level of freedom this can provide is really something you have to experience to believe.
An environmentally friendly pressure washer like the Sun Joe SPX3000 produces zero emissions at the point of use but still provides the kind of serious cleaning power rating you need in order to tackle tough jobs around the house and yard. And with plenty of spray nozzle options, you can always choose just the right setting for any job. This is really an excellent little electric pressure washer. Once you own one, you will be surprised you ever lived without it.
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is a very affordably priced pressure washer, which is really something. There are plenty of residential pressure washers out there that have cleaning power ratings that are about the same as the Sun Joe SPX3000, but they cost a lot more, without offering anything extra. So the Sun Joe SPX3000 provides a lot of savings up front. It also provides savings over the long term. Think, for example, of all the money you’ll save by never going to a car wash again! In addition, because it runs on inexpensive electric power instead of gas, and never needs a tune-up or maintenance, the Sun Joe SPX3000 is cheaper to run than a gas powered pressure washer. Overall, this is a solid pressure washer at a great price.