Power Smart DB5011 Review
|(Rated: 4.4 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Snow Blower, Best Snow Blower, Electric Snow Blower Reviews, Power Smart, Power Smart Snow Blowers, Snow Blower Reviews,|
Switching to an electric snow blower is a great move for a lot of reasons. Electric snow blowers are much better for the environment than gas powered ones. They produce zero emissions at the point of use, do not have to rely on fossil fuels, and do not fill your yard with smelly fumes. In addition, electric power is a much less expensive alternative to gas, which has seen prices skyrocket over the last decade or so. And electric snow blowers are much less noisy than gas powered models, which means you will not run the risk of waking up your neighbors or children if you are clearing your driveway early on a weekend morning. But not all electric snow blowers are created equal. Many electric snow blowers do not have powerful enough motors to support sufficiently wide augers, and are inefficient as a result. But the Power Smart DB5011 is different.
The Power Smart DB5011 is the kind of superior electric snow blower that you want to have if serious snow storms start coming your way this winter. It has everything you need to take care of heavy snow fall over a relatively large area quickly and efficiently. With the Power Smart DB5011, you get all of the advantages of a powerful and capable snow blower without any of the drawbacks that gas powered models carry. As far as single stage electric snow blowers are concerned, the Power Smart DB5011 is one of the best on the market today.
The Power Smart DB5011 has a wider clearance so you can finish removing snow from your driveway in fewer passes and less time. It runs virtually silently and never produces any emissions at the point of use. It’s compact and lightweight, but able to support a relatively high snow clearing capacity, and it can throw snow farther than other single stage snow blowers. The Power Smart DB5011 is made from durable composite parts that will hold up over the long term, and it will never need repairs or maintenance to keep it running well. And best of all, it has a very competitive price. This is an outstanding single stage snow blower.
The Power Smart DB5011 is an electric single stages snow blower that weighs less and has a smaller footprint than other similar models do. It has a powerful 13 amp motor that allows it to support a wider auger and higher snow cut depth than the average single stage snow blower as well.
|Dimensions||42 x 19 x 40 inches|
|Clearing Width||18 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||9 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 650 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 30 feet|
|Chute Control||Handle 180°|
The Power Smart DB5011 has an above average per-minute snow clearing capacity, and it can throw snow up to 30 feet away – farther than most single stage snow blowers can. Its snow chute rotates 180 degrees for maximum efficiency. It has compact wheels and is ergonomically designed. It comes with a one year warranty.
If you are looking for a compact, lightweight electric snow blower that can take care of big jobs fast, the Power Smart DB5011 may be the perfect one for you. This is an excellent alternative to single stage gas powered snow blowers. It has a clearance width that is comparable to those offered on gas models, which means you will be getting all of the efficiency you need to take care of a medium sized driveway, but without all of the harmful emissions that they produce. The Power Smart DB5011 is a tough little snow blower that is designed to provide everything you need to keep your property clear of snow this winter.
The Power Smart DB5011 may be small and not weigh very much, but don’t let that make you think it won’t perform well. It has a powerful motor that allows it to clear an above average amount of snow per minute, and it can throw that snow farther than most single stage snow blowers can. That means you will be able to get your driveway and sidewalks completely cleared on the first pass, and you won’t have to go over the same snow more than once.
Best of all the Power Smart DB5011 produces zero emissions at the point of use and runs very quietly. You won’t have to spend another penny on gas or oil to run the Power Smart DB5011. And you won’t ever have to struggle with a heavy recoil starter cord again, either: just plug the Power Smart DB5011 in and it starts right up every time. It is designed to be more ergonomic than other single stage snow blowers are, so you will never run the risk of injuring your back or getting sore shoulders when you are operating it. Overall, the Power Smart DB5011 is one of the best single stage snow blowers out there.
It does not matter whether you are comparing the Power Smart DB5011 to other single stage snow blowers that run on gas or electricity: this is a machine that has a lot to offer. It’s got the kind of extra wide clearance that will ensure you are able to finish removing snow from your driveway more quickly. It’s quiet and produces no carbon emissions. It has a high snow removal capacity, and it is built to last.
- Zero emissions : The number one reason to switch over to an electric snow blower from a gas powered one is the fact that it is much better for the environment. With an electric snow blower like the Power Smart DB5011, you will never produce any emissions at the point of use. The Power Smart DB5011 runs on cleaner energy than gas powered models do, which means that by using it, you will be reducing your family’s overall carbon footprint significantly.
- Runs quietly : If you have ever been trying to sleep in on a Sunday morning after a heavy snow storm, you probably know what it is like to be woken up by a neighbor’s extra loud gas powered snow blower. With the Power Smart DB5011, you avoid being one of those people who disturbs their neighbors while clearing snow, because its electric motor runs almost completely silently. That way, if you’re clearing snow early in the morning, no one will be bothered.
- Extra wide clearance : The Power Smart DB5011 has an extra wide clearance not just for an electric single stage snow blower, but for any single stage snow blower. At eighteen inches, you are going to be able to clear a passable walkway in just a single sweep of the snow blower. And you will be able to finish removing snow from your driveway much more quickly as well. When it’s freezing outside, you want to get back indoors as fast as possible, and with the Power Smart DB5011 you can.
- High capacity : The Power Smart DB5011 has the ability to clear up to 6Power Smart DB5011 pounds of snow per minute. For a single stage snow blower that is well above average, and for an electric model it is very impressive. The Power Smart DB5011 can throw that snow up to thirty feet away – more than most other single stage snow blowers can. And because its snow chute rotates a full 180 degrees, you can clear your whole driveway very efficiently.
- Durable parts : You want a snow blower that is going to last over the long term, and with the Power Smart DB5011 that is exactly what you will be going to get. Its body and auger are made of high-impact composite plastic that is designed to last longer and hold up to wear and tear. It will not break down in the face of repeated use or tough conditions on the ground. This is a snow blower that’s built to last.
As you can see, the Power Smart DB5011 really has everything you need in a compact single stage snow blower. It can move a lot of snow very quickly, clear a wide path in a single pass, and throw snow farther than the average single stage snow blower can. It’s built to last for a long time, and won’t ever put a single emission into the atmosphere when you use it. This is a great snow blower.
After seeing all of the great things the Power Smart DB5011 has to offer, it may come as a bit of a surprise that there are in fact a few areas in which the snow blower could use a bit of improvement. Overall, I don’t think these Cons will present the kind of problems that can really take away much from all of the fantastic Pros, but I think it is important to know exactly what you’ll be getting.
- Snow cut depth could be higher : At just nine inches, the snow cut depth on the Power Smart DB5011 is not quite as high as I would like. Of course, you will probably need a higher snow cut depth only very rarely, especially if you live in a region that does not typically get a lot of heavy snow storms. But a few extra inches would be better for those rare blizzards that threaten to drop a foot or more in your area.
- Wheels are rather small : The rear wheels on the Power Smart DB5011 are quite compact. If you are moving it around on bare pavement – like in your garage – this will be just fine. But if you are trying to maneuver it over packed snow without engaging the auger, you may have some difficulty. Luckily, because the Power Smart DB5011 is so lightweight at just 38 pounds, this should not present too much of a problem. But it’s important to be aware of.
- Only has a one year warranty : The industry standard for snow blower warranties is two years – and the warranty on the Power Smart DB5011 is just half of that. It would obviously be better if products came with extra long warranties, just for the peace of mind it would provide. But because the Power Smart DB5011 is such a well made machine, you probably will not have to worry about it breaking down for a very long time anyway, so this shouldn’t be a huge issue.
- May struggle with wet snow : Like many single stage snow blowers, the Power Smart DB5011 may have difficulty throwing wet, slushy snow the full 30 feet. This is because without an impeller fan like two stage snow blowers have, the auger on the Power Smart DB5011 is doing all of the work, and wet snow is a lot heavier than powdery snow. Still, if you just go a bit more slowly through wetter snow, you should have no problem getting it cleared.
- Limited by its power cord : This is the one drawback electric snow blowers have that gas powered ones do not – you are tethered to a power cord, and your range is only as far as the extension cord can reach. If your driveway is not very long, this will not be a problem, of course. But if you do have a longer driveway, you may need additional extension cords or an extra outlet to extend your range a few more yards.
After careful consideration, I think you will probably agree that the Pros tend to outweigh the Cons on the Power Smart DB5011. Several of the Cons are typical issues that all single-stage snow blowers have, whether gas or electric, and the rest are not terribly serious. Overall, the fact that the Power Smart DB5011 has such a wide clearance and high snow removal capacity per minute are the most important features to consider, and more than make up for its drawbacks.
The Power Smart DB5011 is a machine that really stacks up when compared to other single stage snow blowers, and when you do a bit of comparison shopping I think you will probably come to the same conclusion. It is compact and lightweight, but has a comparable clearance width and snow cut depth to most other single stage electric models on the market. Let’s take a look at the product specs of two other snow blowers to compare.
|Dimensions||42 x 19 x 40 inches||42 x 19 x 40 inches||45 x 19 x 38 inches|
|Start||Button push||Button push||Button push|
|Motor||13 amp||13 amp||15 amp|
|Clearing Width||18 inches||18 inches||18 inches|
|Snow Cut Depth||9 inches||9 inches||10 inches|
|Capacity / Minute||Up to 650 pounds||Up to 650 pounds||Up to 720 pounds|
|Throw Distance||Up to 30 feet||Up to 30 feet||Up to 25 feet|
|Drive||Manual push||Manual push||Manual push|
|Chute Control||Handle 180°||Handle 180°||Handle 180°|
|Wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels||Compact wheels|
|Light||n/a||n/a||20 watt halogen|
|Weight||38 pounds||38 pounds||34 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||2 years|
As you can see, the Power Smart DB5011 has great clearance width and intake height when compared to similar snow blowers. It has an above average per-minute snow removal capacity, and can throw snow farther than most electric single stage models. It has compact dimensions, and weighs less than most single stage snow blowers do. And best of all, it is one of the most inexpensive models on the market today.
While the Power Smart DB5011 is definitely one of the best electric single stage snow blowers out there, before you make a final decision to purchase it, I think it is important to make sure it has everything you need. With that in mind, let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Zero emissions.
- Runs quietly.
- Extra wide clearance.
- High capacity.
- Durable parts.
The Power Smart DB5011 really presents everything you want in a single stage electric snow blower. It produces no emissions and runs more quietly than gas models, but still has an extra wide clearance and the kind of high capacity that will help you get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Snow cut depth could be higher.
- Wheels are rather small.
- Only has a one year warranty.
- May struggle with wet snow.
- Limited by its power cord.
While the Power Smart DB5011 could stand to use a few more inches on its snow cut depth, in general it does not have any serious drawbacks in its design or manufacturing. Overall, none of these Cons take away too much from all of the excellent Pros this machine has to offer.
Switching to an electric snow blower is the best move you could make for both your wallet and the environment – these machines are less expensive to run than gas powered snow blowers, and they produce zero emissions at the point of use. But not all electric snow blowers are created equal. You want to be sure that you are getting one that has everything you need to get big jobs done fast.
With the Power Smart DB5011, that is exactly what you will be getting. This is a snow blower that is built to take on tough jobs without getting bogged down. It has a wide enough clearance to efficiently clear lots of snow from a big driveway quickly. It is built out of durable parts that are made to last for a long time. This is the electric single stage snow blower you want to have in your garage.
One of the best parts of the Power Smart DB5011 is the price tag. Efficient electric single stage snow blowers can be very expensive – this technology is not cheap, and their prices can skyrocket into hundreds of dollars very easily. But with the Power Smart DB5011, you are getting a top quality electric snow blower at a very competitive, affordable price. For homeowners on a budget – and in this economy, that is most of us – the Power Smart DB5011 is the kind of reasonably priced snow blower that anyone can afford. The Power Smart DB5011 is a great snow blower at a really good price.