Husqvarna RZ4621 Review
Exclusive Offer Husqvarna RZ4621
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Lawn Mower, Best Zero Turn Mower, Husqvarna, Husqvarna Lawn Mowers, Lawn Mower Buying Guide, Lawn Mower Reviews, Riding Mower Buying Guide, Zero Turn Mower Buying Guide, Zero Turn Mower Reviews,|
When you have a big property that has over an acre of grass that needs cutting on a regular basis it is typically the best bet to go with a riding mower that is equipped to handle a big space and can finish the job quickly and efficiently. And if you have tight corners on your property, or lots of lawn obstacles such as trees or garden beds, you are going to want a mower that has the maximum maneuverability. In this case, a zero turn mower fits the bill perfectly. Zero turn mowers are the most maneuverable grass cutting machines on the market today. They are able to literally spin 360 degrees on their axis, which means they have the tightest turning radius of any mower out there.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 is a powerful zero turn mower that is designed with maneuverability, efficiency and convenience in mind. It has a Briggs & Stratton made 540 cubic centimeter engine and a Hydro Gear hydrostatic transmission, as well as a 46 inch cutting deck width. The RZ4621 is a residential grade zero turn mower, which means you can enjoy all of the benefits of efficiency and maneuverability that a zero turn mower provides without the professional grade price tag. The RZ4621 is designed with maneuverability and efficiency in mind, and you will find that it reliably provides a professional looking cut to your lawn every time you use it.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has lots of great aspects to it that make it a great machine for residential use on a property that has an acre or more of grass that needs cutting. First off, because it is a zero turn mower, it has better maneuverability than any other grass cutting machine out there. Zero turn mowers are so maneuverable because their transmission can provide differential power to the rear wheel drive. The operator controls the power delivered to each wheel using a set of twin levers.
By providing the same amount of power to both wheels, the operator can drive the mower in a straight line. Providing more power to one wheel than the other will cause the mower to move in a curved line. And bringing one wheel to a full stop while providing power to the other wheel will cause the mower to spin on its axis. This kind of maneuverability means that the Husqvarna RZ4621 can easily navigate around trees and garden beds, and it has the added advantage of almost entirely removing the need for edging or trimming after you cut the grass.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a powerful 540cc Briggs & Stratton Endurance Series engine that provides 21 horsepower and drives the mower at a top forward speed of 6.5 mph and a top reverse speed of 3.5 mph. It has a big 46 inch cutting deck – that’s almost four feet wide, and it will allow you to finish cutting your lawn in fewer passes, which translates to less time.
In addition, the Husqvarna RZ4621’s cutting deck is designed with high performance air induction technology. This draws air from the top and bottom of the deck to improve grass lift and provides a better, more even cut every time. The mower has an integrated hydrostatic transmission designed by Hydro Gear to require minimal maintenance and consistently provide reliable performance. The Husqvarna RZ4621 has three grass management options included in the initial purchase price: side discharge, bagging for later disposal, or mulching clippings back into the lawn.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has six cutting heights between 1.5 and 4.5 inches, and the operator can easily adjust the height of the cutting deck with a lever conveniently placed in the cockpit. The mower has foam padded steering levels and an ergonomically designed cockpit to make sure you are always riding in the utmost comfort. The Husqvarna RZ4621 is priced in the mid range for residential zero turn mowers.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a 46 inch cutting deck and total dimensions of 75.1 x 56.2 x 39.9 inches. It weighs just 580 pounds, which makes it one of the lighter zero turn mowers out there. It has a gas powered Briggs & Stratton made 540cc Endurance series engine that provides reliable power and performance you can count on. The Husqvarna has a hydrostatic transmission made by Hydro Gear that provides top forward speed of 6.5 mph and a top reverse speed of 3.5 mph. The mower’s rear wheel drive system is operated via a twin steering levers. The cutting deck is made of stamped aluminum and the dual cutting blades are made of durable 11 gauge steel. The cutting deck has six height settings between 1.5 and 4.5 inches that are controlled by a single lever located in the cockpit.
|Dimensions||75.1 x 56.2 x 39.9 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine Specs||Endurance Series – 540-cc Engine|
|Gas Tank||3.50 Galons|
|Number of Blades||2|
|Productivity||2.4 Acres / Hour|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch, bag, and discharge|
|Max Speed||6.5 mph forward / 3.5 mph reverse|
|Height Adjustment||Single lever (6 positions)|
|Height Settings||1-1/2- to 4-inch|
|Wheel Size||11×4-inch front / 18×8-inch rear|
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has 11 x 4 inch front wheels and 18 x 8 inch rear wheels. The front wheels are on a swivel to help with the zero turn system and all the wheels have pneumatic tires. It has a low center of gravity that when combined with its zero turn radius allows this mower to provide the best possible and most efficient maneuverability. The mower is able to cut as much as 2.4 acres in a single hour. That means you will be finishing your lawn care jobs faster than ever. The mower has three grass clippings management options included in the initial purchase price: side discharge, bagging and mulching. It has a three year consumer warranty.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 is a residential grade zero turn riding mower with a 21 horsepower, 540cc two cylinder Briggs & Stratton Endurance series engine. It has an integrated transmission designed by Hydro Gear to need minimal maintenance over the years while providing reliable performance. The transmission allows the mower to operate at a top forward speed of 6.5 mph and a top rear speed of 3.5 mph.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a 46 inch cutting deck width. Combined with its top speed of 6.5 mph and extraordinarily efficient maneuverability, the mower is able to tackle big jobs fast. This mower can cut up to 2.8 acres of grass in just one hour. In addition it is so maneuverable that you will have no problem negotiating obstacles on the lawn such as trees or garden beds. With a little practice, you will be able to steer the RZ4621 right up to them. That way, you will not have to spend extra time trimming or edging after you are done cutting the grass.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has dual cutting blades that are made from durable 11 gauge steel. These blades will have no trouble cutting even the toughest kinds of grass, such as St Augustine or Bermuda grass. The mower has enough power behind those cutting blades that you will be able to cut through dense patches of grass without sacrificing speed or performance. Other mowers often do not have enough power to tackle dense patches, and you have to slow down or go over the same spot several times to get the job done. This is not so for the Husqvarna RZ4621. It cuts right through them.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has six height adjustment options between 1.5 and 4.5 inches. They are easily adjusted using a single lever that is conveniently located within easy reach of the operator. Lawn care experts are in agreement that it is important to have several height adjustment options on your mower in order to maintain the health and beauty of the grass. You should never cut your grass any shorter than 1/3 of its initial height. If you do, you run the risk of weakening the grass. This can make it much more vulnerable to the effects of heat waves and droughts, as well as infection from diseases like copper spot or invasion by crab grass and weeds. Of course, the grass will not be the same height every time you cut it, so you want cutting height options that are easy to switch between.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a residential grade frame made of stamped parts with aluminum spindles. The frame is not going to be as durable as the ones you will typically find on a professional grade zero turn mower, but it also won’t be nearly as expensive as those models. While it would not be able to hold up to the kind of wear and tear professional grade models can endure, the Husqvarna RZ4621 is still going to provide great performance if it is used for residential jobs. The cutting deck has a tough steel tube frame, and the front wheels have casters that are heavy duty and can hold up to tough jobs. This is a tough residential zero turn mower and you can expect it to provide quality performance on a large property for many years.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 weighs 580 pounds and has a low center of gravity plus 11 x 4 inch front wheels and 18 x 8 inch rear wheels. This low center of gravity combines with its zero turn radius and high performance transmission to make it one of the most maneuverable lawn mowers you could buy for residential use. It is designed to be easy to steer and control, convenient to operate, and comfortable. With this mower you will be finished with your lawn care responsibilities before you know it, and back to relaxing with your family and enjoying your weekend. And that’s what it is all about, after all.
This is a high quality residential zero turn mower and it will provide an even, professional looking cut to your lawn every time you use it. It requires very little maintenance, and has a wide enough cutting deck to make even big jobs manageable. It is reasonably priced and comes with a three year consumer warranty.
There are a lot of reasons why buying a residential grade zero turn mower makes sense if you have a property with over an acre of grass that needs cutting. These machines have some of the widest cutting decks, highest speeds and most powerful engines in riding mowers today. They can literally turn 360 degrees without stopping or slowing down, which makes them perfect for lawns that have odd corners or obstacles that other riding mowers could not handle easily. The Husqvarna RZ4621 has several features that make the Husqvarna RZ4621 a great zero turn mower. They include its large 46 inch cutting deck, its high quality engine and transmission, three grass management options, ergonomic design and great price. I will cover each of these in a bit more detail below. But overall this mower has great features that make it one of the better zero turn mowers on the market.
- Big 46 inch cutting deck for greater efficiency : The cutting deck on the Husqvarna RZ4621 is 46 inches wide, which is almost four feet. That is pretty big in terms of riding mowers, and it means that you will be able to finish the job in fewer passes and less time. The cutting deck is also equipped with Husqvarna’s patented air induction technology, which is designed to improve the air flow around the cutting blades. This allows the individual blades of grass to stand up taller, which permits the cutting deck to provide a cleaner and more even cut every time. The cutting blades are made out of durable 11 gauge steel that can easily tackle dense patches of grass or tough cultivars such as St. Augustine or Bermuda grass without breaking a sweat. The result is a professional looking cut every time.
- Briggs & Stratton engine for higher performance : The Husqvarna RZ4621 is equipped with a powerful 540cc Endurance series Briggs & Stratton engine that provides 21 horsepower. In terms of sheer power, the Husqvarna RZ4621 has a lot of it. And Briggs & Stratton is one of the most trusted names in engine manufacturing, so you can be certain that you are getting a zero turn mower that has quality parts under the hood. In addition, it has a Hydro Gear made integrated hydrostatic transmission that is designed to need minimal maintenance. The engine and transmission work together to provide a top forward speed of 6.5 mph and a top reverse speed of 3.5 mph so that you can get the job done faster. This is a mower that is designed to provide optimal power so that you can get reliable performance from it for a long time.
- Three grass management options for more convenience : One of the areas where Husqvarna consistently overtakes the competition is in areas designed to give the user more options and provide a greater level of convenience. The fact that it provides three grass clippings management options in the initial purchase price is an example of this. You have the option of discharging clippings out the side of the mower, bagging them for later compost or disposal, or engaging a mulching plug to dice clippings into tiny pieces for better mulching into the lawn. The three options are easy to switch between as well, which means you can mulch your front yard and collect the clippings in your back yard, and change out one option for the other in a matter of minutes. That is pretty convenient.
- Ergonomically designed cockpit for greater comfort : The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a step through cockpit, which makes it easy to mount and dismount. It has a padded seat with a high seat back for better lumbar support. And the steering levers are padded and ergonomically designed to ensure that you can always operate the mower in the utmost comfort. In addition, controls for engaging the cutting deck and changing the cutting height, as well as turning the mower on and off, are all conveniently located within easy reach while you are sitting in the driver’s seat. Because of this, the Husqvarna RZ4621 is a comfortable and convenient ride, and you will find that it is fairly easy to operate as well.
- Competitive price for more savings : These days, it can be difficult to find a residential grade zero turn mower that provides that has great design and manufacturing, lots of power, a wide cutting deck, and is still priced affordably. But the Husqvarna RZ4621 is just such a mower. It has a price tag that places it in the mid- to lower range of zero turn mower prices, so you will be able to get the kind of mower you need for your property without paying the kind of prices other manufacturers charge. And Husqvarna is not making a “budget” mower here, either. It still has all of the accessories and high quality parts that ensure you will be getting convenience and high level performance for many years to come. But you will not have to blow through your entire home and garden budget to get that, either.
Husqvarna is a leader in the industry of manufacturing lawn care products, and it brought all of its design and manufacturing abilities to the RZ4621. This mower has a powerful Briggs & Stratton Endurance series 540cc engine with 21 horsepower, along with a hydrostatic transmission designed by Hydro Gear specifically to be maintenance free. It has three convenient options for grass management and is designed with comfort, efficiency and durability in mind. It has a cockpit that is ergonomically designed to ensure that you are always riding in comfort. It has a wide, 46 inch cutting deck and a top forward speed of 6.5 mph to ensure that you are cutting your grass more quickly than ever. And it has durable blades, frame, and casters to make sure it can handle tough jobs without breaking down. In addition to all of that, the Husqvarna RZ4621 has a competitive price tag, which means you will be getting all of these great features packed into a high performance residential grade zero turn mower without having to spend too much money to do so. All in all, this is a great machine at a fantastic price.
At the same time, every zero turn mower does have its flaws, and the Husqvarna RZ4621 is certainly no exception. Even though this mower has great accessories and features, is made out of durable parts designed to stand up to tough jobs, and has a wide cutting deck and high quality engine, there are a few areas where it underperforms. For example, the mower does not handle hills or uneven ground well. The double lever steering system does take some getting used to before it feels comfortable to use. Its mulching plug and grass catchers do not work very well. Its blades, even though they are made from durable steel, do need frequent sharpening if you use them on tougher grasses. And it has trouble cutting very tall grasses. None of these cons are the kind of serious problems that would make me recommend against buying the mower, but it is still important to take stock of what you are buying so that you have a complete picture of all of its strengths and weaknesses.
- Does not perform well on hilly or uneven ground : This is a relatively common problem for zero turn mowers. Even with a low center of gravity, these big machines do not perform well on uneven ground. Not do they have a hard time negotiating rolling terrain without scalping the grass – or cutting it all the way back to the soil surface – they also simply do not get up hills easily. In addition, there is the risk of tipping them over if they are used to cut grass on steep inclines, which can be a serious safety issue if they are not equipped with a roll bar. If you own a property that is relatively flat, this will not be a problem for you. But if you do own a hilly property, you should be well aware of these issues and try to find a zero turn mower that is designed to handle hills and uneven ground more easily. These would have more powerful engines, bigger wheels, and protective roll bars.
- Double lever steering takes getting used to : While the double lever steering is great for the simple fact that once you know how to use it, you will have one of the most maneuverable machines you could hope for, it still takes time to learn. And it is not entirely intuitive. Because powering one lever while holding the other steady is how the mower turns, you have to push the right lever forward in order to turn left, and vice versa. Not everyone finds this easy to get used to, although with time most people get the hang of it. There are zero turn mowers that have a joystick operating system now, which some people may find easier to use than the double lever steering system. If you are looking for a zero turn mower primarily because you want a machine that is very maneuverable, be prepared for the learning curve. You will probably not be able to jump right on and start spinning the mower willy-nilly around the lawn. But with some patience, you can learn how to use it.
- Grass catchers and mulch do not work very well : While the three grass management options are included in the initial purchase price, which is very convenient, they do not work very well all of the time. The mulching plug in particular is an issue; the mulching blades do not seem to chop the grass clippings into pieces that are all that much smaller than the normal blades do. In addition the mulching option tends to leave clumps of mulched clippings on the lawn rather than spreading them out, as one would hope. The bagging option works better than the mulching one, but it is also less than perfect. There is some loss of grass clippings between the cutting deck and the bag collection. Still, the bags do collect the majority of clippings, but you should be aware that some are going to be left on your lawn when you are finished with the job. On the other hand, the side discharge works well, and sprays grass clippings in even rows that, after drying out, should mulch fairly well into the lawn on their own.
- The blades need regular sharpening if used on tougher grass : In spite of the fact that they are made of durable, 11 gauge steel, the two blades on the Husqvarna RZ4621 need to be sharpened regularly in order to keep them cutting the grass evenly every time. The manufacturer recommends sharpening the blades after 25 hours of use, but they tend to need to be sharpened much sooner than that. This is especially the case if you live in an area that has predominantly tougher cultivars of grass, such as the Southern United States, where St Augustine and Bermuda grass are typically grown. Now, sharpening your blades is a regular part of owning a lawn mower, and it will not cost you any more money, but it can still be a bit of a hassle if you find that you have to do it once a month or so. That said, with routine sharpening the Husqvarna RZ4621 is able to handle even tougher grasses without any problems.
- It has a hard time with very tall grass : In spite of the fact that the Husqvarna RZ4621 has a powerful 540cc engine and 21 horsepower with twin steel blades, it still has a hard time managing to cut very tall grass (more than eight – ten inches). The obvious solution to this problem is to simply cut your grass regularly so that it doesn’t get too tall, but you can’t always do that, and at times the grass along a drive or in a far corner of your property will be allowed to grow tall. If that is the case, you might have second thoughts about buying this particular model. You do not want to find out that it isn’t the right mower for your needs when you are in the middle of a big job and the mower is not performing as well as you would like it to.
I recommend considering all of these cons and comparing them to the pros I discussed earlier. It may be the case that they do not outweigh the pros, or that the particular problems associated with this mower simply do not apply to you. If you have a broad, flat lawn without any hills or uneven ground, then the problems this mower has negotiating that kind of terrain do not really matter. If you feel comfortable learning a new steering system, or if you are already familiar with zero turn mowers’ double lever system, then steering should not be too much of a problem. If you do not mind a less than perfect mulching system – and perfect ones are hard to find – or if you only intend to bag or discharge your clippings, then you should have no problems there. If you do not have tougher varieties of grass on your property, or if you do not mind sharpening your blades somewhat frequently, and if you do not have lots of very tall grass, then that takes care of the last two cons. But if any of these do apply to you, I urge you to shop around a bit to find the mower that is right for you.
In the spirit of shopping around, I always recommend comparing a given zero turn mower with similar models in order to get a full picture of how it stacks up against its competition. In this way, you can get an idea of the full package of specifications one more or another has, and better understand each product’s strengths and drawbacks. That gives you a more complete picture of what is on the market, so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time to make a purchase. In order to help you do this easily, I have provided a table that compares the Husqvarna RZ4621 with the Swisher ZTR2460BS and the Husqvarna RZ5424.
|Dimensions||75.1 x 56.2 x 39.9 inches||76.8 x 65.9 x 44.1 inches||75.1 x 67.5 x 39.9 inches|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton||Briggs & Stratton||Kawasaki|
|Engine Specs||Endurance Series|
|724-cc Engine||FR Series|
|Gas Tank||3.50 Galons||8.00 Galons||3.50 Galons|
|Number of Blades||2||3||3|
|Productivity||2.4 Acres / Hour||N/A||2.8 Acres / Hour|
|Mulch/Bag/Discharge||Mulch, bag, and discharge||Side discharge||Mulch, bag, and discharge|
|Max Speed||6.5 mph forward|
3.5 mph reverse
|8.0 mph forward|
8.0 mph reverse
|6.5 mph forward|
3.5 mph reverse
|Height Adjustment||Single lever (6 positions)||Single lever (7 positions)||Single lever (6 positions)|
|Height Settings||1-1/2- to 4-inch||1-1/2- to 4-1/2-inch||1-1/2- to 4-1/2-inch|
|Wheel Size||11×4-inch front|
|Weight||580 pounds||790 pounds||640 pounds|
|Warranty||3 years||2 years||3 years|
As you can see, the Swisher has the largest deck size of the three mowers, at a whopping 60 inches, and also has the most powerful engine, a 724 cc Briggs & Stratton. Both the Swisher and the larger Husqvarna have three blades, one more than the RZ4621. The Swisher’s gas tank is the biggest, at eight gallons, and it has the higher speeds, topping out at 8 mph in both forward and reverse. It also has a personal roll bar for added safety on uneven terrain. Only the Husqvarna mowers have three grass management options; the Swisher only offers side discharge. And the Swisher has one more height option than either Husqvarna does. While the Husqvarna RZ4621 is smaller and less powerful than the other two mowers, it is also a bit more affordable. It is important to consider whether the extra size and power is what you need for residential purposes, and whether a smaller but more affordable mower is right for your needs.
If you are the owner of a big property that has over an acre of grass to cut, owning a riding mower is simply a must. And among riding mowers, zero turn mowers consistently have the biggest cutting decks, the fastest speeds and some of the most powerful engines available. They are more maneuverable than anything else on the market, and can corner much more tightly and even spin on their own axis a full 360 degrees. These mowers pack a professional grade cut into a residential grade machine, and they let you access commercial style equipment without costing you a fortune. Because of these reasons, a zero turn mower is a great machine for the homeowner with a big property and a lot of grass to cut.
- Big 46 inch cutting deck for greater efficiency.
- Briggs & Stratton engine for high performance.
- Three grass management options for more convenience.
- Ergonomically designed cockpit for greater comfort.
- Competitive price for more savings.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a lot of great features that make it an excellent machine for the property owner with a big space to cut. It has a big 46 inch cutting deck and twin blades made of durable steel so you can finish your job in fewer passes and less time. It has a powerful Briggs & Stratton Endurance Series 540cc engine under the hood for reliable performance. It has three grass clippings management options included right out of the box so that you have more convenience. It is ergonomically designed so that you are always riding in the best comfort, and the cockpit controls are arrayed in order to be as easy as possible to reach. And it has the kind of price tag that means you will not be spending more money than you want to.
- Does not perform well on hilly or uneven ground.
- Double lever steering takes getting used to.
- Grass catchers and mulch do not work very well.
- Blades need frequent sharpening if used on tougher grasses.
- It has a hard time with very tall grass.
These cons are specific to certain situations, so you may find that most of them do not apply to yours or otherwise do not outweigh the pros so much that you are ready to walk away from this mower. It does not perform well on uneven ground, and the steering mechanism does take some getting used to. It will not perform optimally if it is routinely used on tougher or taller grasses, and if you do decide to use the mulching accessory, you may find that its performance is somewhat subpar. But if you have a flat yard, or live in an area where the grass is not very tough such as the Midwest or Northeast, and if you are not terribly concerned with mulching the grass back into the lawn, then most of these cons can be written off, especially when you compare them to all of the great features this mower provides in other areas.
When you own a big property and have a lot of grass to cut, a riding mower is a must, and a zero turn mower is a great option for cutting the grass quickly and efficiently. These mowers have a variable drive system that makes them the most maneuverable grass cutting machines available today. And they have some of the biggest cutting decks, most powerful engines, and highest speeds. These machines can cut more than two acres of grass in less than an hour. And with residential grade zero turn mowers, you can get a professional looking cut without spending professional level money to get it.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 has a 46 inch cutting deck designed with innovative air induction technology that increases the airflow around the blades and allows you to get a professional looking, manicured cut every time. It has a great engine under the hood, and is designed to be durable even with big jobs for a long time to come. This mower is designed to provide the most efficient cut in the shortest time and with the highest convenience possible. As residential grade zero turn mowers go, the Husqvarna RZ4621 is a good one.
The Husqvarna RZ4621 is a residential grade zero turn mower, which means it is not designed for the kind of wear and tear that is associated with professional level lawn care. But it also means that it does not have a professional level price tag. This model is very reasonably priced, and falls on the low- to mid-range of zero turn mower pricing. And it manages to do that without making too many cutbacks in the design or quality of its parts: it still boasts a high performance Briggs & Stratton Endurance Series engine and a Hydro Gear hydrostatic transmission, as well as durable cutting blades, a strong frame and solid casters. It also has a comfortable cockpit and great accessories included in the initial purchase price. For the price this is an excellent zero turn mower.
Exclusive Offer Husqvarna RZ4621
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59