Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 Review
|(Rated: 3.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Electric Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Campbell Hausfeld, Campbell Hausfeld Pressure Washers, Electric Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
There are few tools as useful around the home and garden as a residential pressure washer. More than just about any other power yard machine, a pressure washer is going to be able to have more applications and cut down the amount of time you spend on chores. That is because cleanup jobs take up a greater chunk of time than pretty much any other job you have to do: not only does every surface need cleaning, but they need it on a fairly regular basis if you want to keep your home and garden looking your best. Not only that, but plenty of other tools you use for different jobs also need to be cleaned after you are finished using them. With an electric pressure washer like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, you are going to be able to cut down on the amount of time you spend on those jobs considerably.
When you have a lot of different cleanup jobs to take care of, you are going to see some serious benefits from purchasing an electric pressure washer like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825. While you will be getting all of the cleaning power and high performance that you need to take on a lot of different jobs, with an electric pressure washer like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 you will not have to deal with any of the problems associated with a gas powered model. Not only will the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 never produce a single carbon emission, you also will not have to keep smelly gas cans in your garage or give it periodic maintenance to keep it running well.
That is going to be good news to any homeowner, all of whom already have more than enough work to keep them busy all weekend long. With the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, you can seriously cut back on the amount of time you spend on weekend chores, though. This is a versatile machine with plenty of different applications around the home. You can use it from the top to the bottom of your property and nearly year round. The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is a great pressure washer that can make your life a lot easier.
The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is an electric pressure washer that weighs just 28 pounds and has dimensions of 13 x 28 x Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 inches. It has a 120 volt, 60 Hertz motor that provides the axial cam pump with enough power to provide a max pressure of 1800 pounds per square inch and a flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute.
|Dimensions||13 x 11 x 31|
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 14 Amp|
|Nozzle||Adjustable jet / Turbo|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot|
With that flow rate and PSI, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has a cleaning power rating of 2700, which is well above average for its class. It provides a cold water spray through an ergonomically designed spray gun, and it has a PVC plastic hose that is 35 feet long for greater range of motion.
When you first get the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 out of its box, you may be surprised by how lightweight and compact it is. This pressure washer is so small and light that you will have no trouble carrying it around your property for different kinds of jobs – and you could even bring it up a ladder if you have something to clean that is out of reach of the extra long 35 foot hose. But do not be fooled by how small the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is. This is a pressure washer that packs a lot of cleaning power into a small space.
With a solid 120 volt motor, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is able to provide a maximum pressure with its direct drive axial cam pump that is well above average for its class. It is hard to find an electric pressure washer that has a max PSI above 1400 – but the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has a max pressure of nearly two thousand PSI. Because of that, it has a higher cleaning power rating than most other electric pressure washers as well, and it is well equipped to take on a variety of different jobs.
The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is a pressure washer that is very easy to use, too – which helps when you are using it for a lot of different jobs. You basically just have to plug it in and attach the intake hose and you are ready to start cleaning surfaces all over your property. The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has an adjustable jet nozzle, too, which means that rather than struggle with swapping out one pressurized nozzle for another, you can easily adjust the pressure of the spray while you are working. What all of this means is that the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is going to be a great help for a lot of different chores around the house.
The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has a lot of great features, all of which will not fit into a single review. But I was able to narrow them down to the top five features. These are the areas in which the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is not only a good pressure washer, but also much superior to just about any other model on the market today. Let’s take a look at the reasons why the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is such an impressive machine.
- Above average PSI : On most electric pressure washers, you generally expect to find a maximum pressure of about 1600 PSI at best. Anything beyond that is really impressive, because most manufacturers either can’t or won’t provide the kind of power to get above the 1600 ceiling. On the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, though, the maximum pressure is 1800 PSI – and believe me when I say the extra two hundred PSI make a big difference in terms of total cleaning power.
- Never produces emissions : With the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, you are getting solid cleaning power and great performance without ever having to worry about producing a single carbon emission while you are using it. That means you can rest easy when it comes to the impact that operating the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 will have on the environment. Compared to a gas powered pressure washer, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 will have almost no environmental impact. It produces no fumes and still gives you great power.
- Very easy to operate : Many pressure washers are surprisingly difficult to operate. Connections can be hard to make, and the control panel can often be confusing, along with a manual that is complicated and not at all easy to understand. None of this is the case on the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825: the controls are intuitive and the instructions are straightforward. It is very easy to use on lots of different projects all over the home and garden.
- Compact and lightweight : One of the reasons the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is so easy for anyone to use is because it is so small and light. It weighs less than thirty pounds, which means it is easy to carry around your property, lift up to a high shelf for storage, or take with you on a ladder. And because it is so small, you will have no trouble finding enough storage space for it, even if you want to keep it in a closet or under your work bench in the garage.
- Great price : Best of all, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 provides all of those outstanding features at a price that is extremely competitive. For such a superior product with an above average PSI and other great features, you might expect its price to be well above average for its class, but the simple fact is that it has a price that is quite reasonable compared to what you might expect to pay for a pressure washer of its caliber.
As you can see, in every area that really counts the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 provides performance and ability that is above and beyond what you would find on most electric pressure washers. These features are the kind you want to find on your pressure washer, because they are what ensures that you will be able to use it to take care of a lot of different and fairly difficult jobs easily and quickly.
Now, even though the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has one of the highest PSI and cleaning power ratings you can find on an electric pressure washer in its class, as well as a lot of other great features, there are a few areas in which it could stand to see a bit of improvement. This does not mean that it is not still a great pressure washer with a lot of excellent features to offer. But it is important to look at its drawbacks.
- Requires an intake adapter : Depending on what kind of hose you have, you will probably have to purchase an intake adapter for the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825. The upside of this is that the cost of the intake adapter is really quite low, and you can find them offered together for a very fair price. Plus, the intake adapter will ensure you get a connection that will not leak as readily as other electric pressure washers tend to do.
- Not great for all surfaces : The Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is great for a wide variety of surfaces, and for the most part you will find that you will have no trouble cleaning just about anything you need to take care of on your property. But on certain surfaces, it does not perform as well as I would like: it does have a bit of difficulty cleaning concrete and masonry with the kind of speed I would like to see.
- Soap dispenser is hard to use : The fact that the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has a soap dispenser is by itself a real Pro, so I do not mean for this to take away from it at all. A lot of other pressure washers in its class do not offer a soap dispenser at all. That said, the soap dispenser is a bit hard to use, and it definitely takes some getting used to it in order to do it right, without leaks or dropping it.
- One year warranty only : I always prefer to see a warranty that is longer than just one year on any product I review, and this is certainly true for pressure washers like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 as well. For a lot of reasons, a two year warranty is better: not only is this the industry standard, it also ensures that any durability problems will not be a real concern. With the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, all you get is a one year warranty.
- Not terribly durable : Here is the main reason I would like to see a longer warranty on the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 – as well as any other electric pressure washer like it. Electric motors can burn out from overuse, and the plastic used to make the bodies of these and other residential machines is not the toughest material they could be built with. Still, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 should hold up well to the average amount of use that most homeowners will need it for.
As you can see, none of the Cons I could find with the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 are cause of real concern. Overall the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 remains a very solid and well designed electric pressure washer, and it has some great features that other pressure washers simply do not even offer. You should get a long life of solid, reliable service out of the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 in spite of these fairly minor drawbacks, in my opinion.
While you can definitely get a lot of information about the good and not so good features that a pressure washer like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has to offer from Pros and Cons lists, the single best way to find out whether it is really one of the best pressure washers in its class is by comparing it to similar models. That way, you can find out what is typically offered on one of these machines, and how one like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 stacks up to the competition.
|AR Blue Clean
|Motor||120 V / 60 Hz / 14 Amp||120 V / 60 Hz
|120 V / 60 Hz
|Pump||Direct-drive axial||3 axial-piston wobble-plate||Direct-drive axial|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 20-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Weight||28 pounds||18.2 pounds||14 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
As you can see, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 has the highest PSI of the three models, and because of that it also has the highest cleaning power rating. That means that compared to other electric pressure washers, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is going to be able to take care of tougher jobs as well as deal with big jobs in less time. While it is a bit bigger and heavier than the other two pressure washers, that’s a small price to pay for all of that extra clearing power.
I think it seems pretty clear which electric pressure washer is one of the best ones on the market today, and if you read the Product Comparison table carefully, you probably agree with me. But before you make your final decision on the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Above average PSI.
- Never produces emissions.
- Very easy to operate.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Great price.
With a PSI that is well above average, the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 is well ahead of other electric pressure washers in terms of sheer ability. In addition to that advantage, you get all of the Pros you would expect from an electric model – and all of that at a great price, too.
- Requires an intake adapter.
- Not great for all surfaces.
- Soap dispenser is hard to use.
- One year warranty only.
- Not terribly durable.
While it would be better if the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 came with an intake adapter and a longer warranty, overall it does not have the kind of problems that other electric pressure washers often tend to present. Its total power and performance ability are virtually unmatched, in spite of these minor drawbacks.
A solid electric pressure washer is a really great thing to own when you are a homeowner. There is almost no limit to the different jobs that it can help you with – and it is going to cut down on the total time you spend on home upkeep and care considerably. But it is important to think of the impact your household is having on the environment, too – which means cutting back on the emissions you are producing. With a high powered, high performance electric pressure washer like the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825, you get all the benefits of power washing without the drawbacks of a combustion engine. It has an above average max pressure and the kind of cleaning power rating you want when you have a difficult cleanup job to take care of. This is a great electric pressure washer with everything you need to take care of lots of jobs around the home.
With the kind of cleaning power rating the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 offers, you would not be surprised to find that it also has a high price tag as well. But the fact is that the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 actually has a very reasonable price, and one that I think will be well within pretty much any homeowner’s budget. That is good news in this tough economy, if you ask me. With the Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 you get everything you want in a pressure washer: high cleaning power, environmental responsibility, and a reasonable price. What more could you ask for, really?