Brute Power 20426 Review
Exclusive Offer Brute Power 20426
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 4.2 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, Brute Power, Brute Power Pressure Washers, Gas Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Gas Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
When you are a homeowner, you already know all too well how much work maintaining your property can be. There is snow to remove in the winter, the lawn to mow in the summer, and leaves to rake in the fall. And while Spring Cleaning is always a big job, there is no end to the various cleanup jobs you have to take care of around your house all year long. Keeping your home and property looking great year round is a big chore, and it can take away whole weekends.
Fortunately, with a residential pressure washer like the Brute Power 20426, you can cut down on the amount of time you have to spend on cleaning jobs considerably. This is a pressure washer that is designed to handle frequent use, and it is versatile enough that it can be applied to all sorts of different jobs. Best of all, it has a great price.
The Brute Power 20426 is a compact, powerful, and versatile pressure washer that is built to help you finish taking care of household cleanup chores in less time and with less effort than you ever imagined could be possible. This pressure washer is made to hold up to frequent use, and it has the kind of high quality engine to prove it. Its engine is made by one of the most highly regarded small engine manufacturers in the business, and it provides reliable power over hundreds of hours without needing more than the bare minimum of maintenance.
The Brute Power 20426 also has a maintenance free axial cam pump. It is also designed to reliably provide high pressure water sprays that can clean large areas quickly, and it will never need so much as a screw tightened to keep it running smoothly. But this is not the only reason the Brute Power 20426 is such an easy to use pressure washer. Its nozzles are quickly changed out, giving you the freedom to multitask and clean different surfaces one after the other. The Brute Power 20426 has everything you will need to take care of lots of different jobs around your home and garden with ease.
The Brute Power 20426 is a gas powered residential pressure washer that weighs just 53.6 pounds and has overall dimensions of 21 x 24 x 27 inches, making it one of the more lightweight and compact residential pressure washers on the market. It has an engine that is made by Briggs & Stratton, a company with a great reputation.
|Dimensions||21 x 24 x 27|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine||675 Series 190cc OHV|
|Nozzle||3 (0°, 25°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Wheels||8-inch never flat|
The engine is a 675 Series overhead valve design with a total displacement of 190 cubic centimeters. It powers the axial cam pump, which in turn produces a spray with a max PSI of 2400 and a flow rate of 2 gallons per minute, giving it an overall cleaning power rating of 4800. It has a 25 foot hose, ergonomic spray gun and three nozzle tips.
When you first get the Brute Power 20426 out of the box, you may be a bit surprised by how lightweight and compact it is. This is not one of those big, overly bulky pressure washers that will take up too much room in your garage or tool shed or be difficult to maneuver around your property. On the contrary, it is small enough that you should be able to store it easily, and it weighs so little that you should have no trouble getting it in and out of the garage. But do not let its small size fool you: this is a pressure washer that is ready for big jobs.
That’s because it has the kind of high quality engine that you need in order to be able to rely on the Brute Power 20426 for a long life of solid performance. With the Briggs & Stratton 675 Series engine providing serious torque and horsepower, you will be getting all of the power you need out of this pressure washer. Its axial cam pump – which will never require any maintenance to keep running smoothly – can provide a spray with a max pressure of 2400 PSI.
And because the Brute Power 20426 has a flow rate of 2 gallons per minute, you are getting a high pressure spray that is also quite broad. You can use the Brute Power 20426 to clear an area of forty square feet in just five minutes with the cleaning power rating it has. That means you will be able to finish big jobs faster than ever. No more spending all afternoon washing your siding or deck. With the Brute Power 20426 you can get jobs like that out of the way in under an hour and get back to enjoying the rest of your weekend with your family and friends.
There are a lot of great features that make the Brute Power 20426 such an outstanding residential pressure washer, but I have managed to narrow it down to the top five. Features like the engine make and model, cleaning power rating, and pump design are the most important things to look for in a pressure washer, because they are what will determine how effective it is. On the Brute Power 20426, it is consistently the best in all of these categories.
- Briggs & Stratton engine : Briggs & Stratton has long been recognized as one of the very best manufacturers of small engines, and the 675 Series model in the Brute Power 20426 is another great example of their excellence. This engine will provide all the power you need to take care of big cleaning jobs day in and day out. And it will almost never need maintenance to keep it running well. Best of all, you can count on it for many years.
- Maintenance free axial cam pump : For some reason, a lot of pressure washer manufactures do not seem to have figured out that you do not want the pump on your machine to require a lot of maintenance to keep it running well. So while they may have higher pressures, they can be finicky and often need repairs. The axial cam pump on the Brute Power 20426 does not have this problem – it is designed to be completely maintenance free.
- Quick connect tips : Having multiple options for different pressures is great, because it means that you will be able to use the same pressure washer to take care of a lot of different kinds of jobs. But you do not want to be struggling to get the different pressure nozzles on and off the spray wand – that is just a huge waste of time. On the Brute Power 20426, the quick connect nozzles are easy to switch out for one another.
- Lightweight and compact : One of the biggest mistakes that a lot of people make when they are looking for a new yard machine is to go for the biggest and heaviest one, thinking that this means it will be the most powerful. On the contrary, you want a pressure washer that packs a lot of power into a small design – because that indicates high quality craftsmanship. The Brute Power 20426 is a small, lightweight pressure washer that is very well built.
- Ideal for frequent use : The Brute Power 20426 is designed to hold up to frequent use without having any problems. That is one of the main reasons the manufacturer decided to go with a Briggs & Stratton engine. But the overall design of the Brute Power 20426 is also quite durable, and it is definitely designed to be used very often without having any problems at all. This is a machine you could use every day for years, and it would continue to perform well.
In every area that really counts, the Brute Power 20426 has what you need to take care of big, tough jobs. But it is also so well designed that you could use it just as easily for smaller, more delicate jobs as well. And because the nozzles are easy to switch out, you can tackle several different jobs on the same afternoon with no trouble. This pressure washer has everything it takes to be a great all-around machine.
Of course, no machine is really going to be completely perfect in every aspect, and the Brute Power 20426 is no exception to this rule. As a result, there are a few areas in which it could stand to see a bit of improvement: it has limited pressure options and could use a slightly higher power rating. But overall it remains a great pressure washer that has everything you need to make your household chores a lot easier.
- Only three nozzles : While three nozzles does give you a decent number of options for selecting the right pressure for different jobs, it would always be nice to have a few more. That would make sure that you could be more precise in choosing the pressure that is perfect for different jobs. Still, with the three nozzles, you should have no trouble getting a pressure setting that will be just fine for the different jobs you will need to take care of.
- Power rating is average : At just 4800 units, the power rating on the Brute Power 20426 is just about average for a residential pressure washer. While it is on the higher end of average for its class, it would be great if it had a slightly higher PSI to bump up that rating to over five thousand. At the same time, this power rating should be enough to take care of the majority of cleanup jobs you have around the house.
- One year warranty : The industry standard for consumer warranties is usually two years. And in my opinion, a one year warranty is not going to cover your pressure washer long enough to make you completely comfortable about its staying power. A longer warranty is always a better option for obvious reasons. On the other hand, the design and the build of the Brute Power 20426 are tough enough that this should probably not be too much of a problem.
- Cold water only : It is fairly common for residential pressure washers – even gas powered ones with top of the line engines – to lack a hot water spray option. So this is not really a Con in the true sense of the word. But at the same time, a hot water option is always a great thing to have, so it is always a bit of a letdown when a pressure washer does not offer it. But overall, this isn’t a huge problem.
- PVC plastic hose : PVC plastic is the basic standard for hoses on residential pressure washers, and for the most part, it’s just fine. The build of the hose is meant to contain the high pressure spray without developing microscopic leaks, and it does that well. But the PVC plastic does not have a lot of give, which means the hose will have a tendency to coil up on itself. This isn’t so much a problem as a minor inconvenience to be aware of.
I think that after careful consideration of both the Pros and the Cons, you will agree that none of the issues I could find with the Brute Power 20426 really affect its overall performance or take away from all of its outstanding features. This is a great pressure washer that has everything you need to take care of all kinds of different household cleaning jobs in less time than it ever took you before. It’s a solid machine with a lot to offer.
While Pros and Cons lists can tell you a great deal about whether a particular pressure washer has what you need, there is nothing as useful as comparison shopping to really figure out whether it is the best one for you. This is the best way to find out how a pressure washer like the Brute Power 20426 stacks up to its competition. The following table compares the product specs of the Brute Power 20426 to those of two similar models. Let’s take a look.
|Briggs & Stratton
|Dimensions||21 x 24 x 27||25 x 22 x 24||17 x 27 x 21|
|Engine Manufacturer||Briggs & Stratton||Briggs & Stratton||Generac|
|Engine||675 Series 190cc OHV||175cc OHV||196cc OHV|
|Pump||Axial cam||Axial cam||Easy-access axial cam|
|Nozzle||3 (0°, 25°, soap)||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)||3 (0°, 25°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 25-foot||1/4-inch x 30-foot||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Wheels||8-inch never flat||10-inch pneumatic||10-inch solid|
|Weight||53.6 pounds||65 pounds||82 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||2 years|
As you can see, the Brute Power 20426 is the smallest and most lightweight of the three pressure washers, but because it has such a high powered engine, it is still able to provide a cleaning power rating that is fairly comparable to the other two. The Brute Power 20426 manages to pack plenty of cleaning power into a smaller space than most pressure washers are able to offer, and that translates to one thing: more convenience.
The Brute Power 20426 is really an outstanding pressure washer that compares well to similar models, and it is going to help you finish cleaning jobs around your house much more quickly than you ever could. Before we wrap up this review, let’s take one more quick look at the Pros and Cons lists.
- Briggs & Stratton engine.
- Maintenance free axial cam pump.
- Quick connect tips.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Ideal for frequent use.
With one of the very best engines you can find on a residential pressure washer, the Brute Power 20426 has all of the power and reliability you need for frequent use. It is versatile and needs little maintenance to keep running well. This is a great pressure washer with a lot to offer.
- Only three nozzles.
- Power rating is average.
- One year warranty.
- Cold water only.
- PVC plastic hose.
While the power rating could stand to be bumped up a bit, overall that is the only real complaint I had with the Brute Power 20426. For the most part it is a very solid pressure washer, and none of the Cons I could find present the kind of serious problems that could diminish the great Pros.
There never seems to be an end to all of the different cleaning jobs you have to take care of around the house. From washing dirt and mud out of your deck to cleaning your windows and siding to removing oil stains from the driveway, it is an ongoing job that constantly requires your attention. That is why a high quality residential pressure washer like Brute Power 20426 is perfect for helping make your job easier.
This pressure washer has the kind of solid cleaning power rating and sleek design that makes big jobs a lot easier to take care of. It is easier to store and very user friendly, and it’s designed to hold up to frequent use over the long term. With great PSI and flow rate and one of the best engines you can get under the hood, it has everything you need to keep your house looking beautiful.
One of the best features on the Brute Power 20426 isn’t actually on the Brute Power 20426 at all – it’s the price. The Brute Power 20426 has an extremely reasonable price tag, especially when you consider the quality of its engine and overall design. Generally, I tend to see comparable pressure washers clock in with much higher prices, and it is always nice to see a quality machine that is not too expensive for the average American homeowner. In this economy, a budget buy like this one does not come along often, and it is something that should be taken advantage of. The Brute Power 20426 is a solid pressure washer with an outstanding price.
Exclusive Offer Brute Power 20426
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59