BlackMax BM80919MO Review
Exclusive Offer BlackMax BM80919MO
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59
|(Rated: 3.8 / 5) Review by Frank Lowery|
|Ease of Assembly|
|Balance And Handling|
|Related pages: Best Gas Pressure Washer, Best Pressure Washer, Best Residential Pressure Washer, BlackMax, BlackMax Pressure Washers, Gas Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Gas Pressure Washer Reviews, Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Pressure Washer Reviews, Residential Pressure Washer Buying Guide, Residential Pressure Washer Reviews,|
There are any number of jobs around the home and yard that can be made a lot easier with the use of a compact residential pressure washer. With the right one, you will suddenly be able to cut back considerably on the amount of time and effort it takes to keep your home, garden and car looking great all year long. But not all residential pressure washers are created equal, and you have to be sure you get one that is powerful, versatile, and durable. If you get a pressure washer that has a weak spray, you might as well be using your garden hose. Similarly, if you get one that does not have plenty of options in terms of pressure and flow rate, you will be limited in terms of the different kinds of jobs you can apply it to. The BlackMax BM80919MO is the perfect combination of both: it has a high power rating and plenty of options.
The BlackMax BM80919MO is the type of pressure washer that is readily prepared to take on lots of different jobs around your house and garden. Because it has a solid cleaning power rating along with six nozzle options, it can be used on tough cleanup jobs, delicate surfaces, and everything in between. There is practically no limit to what the BlackMax BM80919MO can do for you. You can engage the soap dispenser and use it to gently wash your car or your storm windows. You can set the spray to the highest PSI and blast your deck and sidewalks cleaner than you ever thought they could be.
And there are plenty of other applications as well. The BlackMax BM80919MO can take care of all of them, and because it is designed to be very user-friendly, it is easy to use as well. The ergonomic handle folds down for convenient storage – and because it is already a fairly compact and lightweight pressure washer, storage is easier than ever. And the BlackMax BM80919MO has a Honda engine, which means that you will get reliable power for many years to come. Overall, this is a great residential pressure washer, and best of all it has a great price too.
The BlackMax BM80919MO is a gas powered residential pressure washer that weighs 65 pounds and has an overall footprint of 23 x 22 x 37.5 inches. Its engine, made by Honda, is a GCV160 series model with overhead valve design and a total displacement of 161 cubic centimeters. The BlackMax BM80919MO has an axial cam pump.
|Dimensions||23 x 22 x 37.5|
|Engine||GCV160 161cc OHC|
|Nozzle||6 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 25-foot|
|Hose Material||Steel reinforced, non-marring rubber|
|Wheels||12-inch never flat|
The BlackMax BM80919MO has a max pressure of 2700 PSI and a flow rate of 2.3 gallons per minute, which gives it an above average cleaning power rating of 6210. It has a Pro-style spray gun that delivers a cold water spray, and six nozzle options. Its hose is 25 feet long and made of steel-reinforced rubber. It comes with a one year warranty.
As soon as you get the BlackMax BM80919MO out of its box, you can immediately tell that it is a pressure washer that you will be able to count on for a wide variety of jobs around the house and garden. That’s because even though the BlackMax BM80919MO is compact and lightweight, it is very well designed, and as a result it makes the most out of its smaller stature. It has an engine that is made by one of the most trusted manufacturers in the business. Its Honda GCV160 series engine is exactly the kind you need for reliable, long lasting power and outstanding performance.
But the Honda engine is not the only reason the BlackMax BM80919MO is such a great residential pressure washer. You will also notice that it has brass fittings, which won’t develop leaks the way lower quality plastic ones will. And its hose is made of steel-reinforced marred rubber, which will not crack or develop microscopic leaks over time. You could even run over the hose on the BlackMax BM80919MO with your car and it won’t suffer any damage at all. Because of its solid hose, brass fittings and powerful engine, the BlackMax BM80919MO is able to deliver a solid cleaning power rating for any job.
In addition to having an above average cleaning power rating for a residential pressure washer, the BlackMax BM80919MO also provides plenty of options, with six nozzles of varying degrees of pressure. That is one of the best features on this pressure washer, since it allows you to enjoy more freedom of choice in terms of which pressure to use for different kinds of jobs. That means you have the ability to use the BlackMax BM80919MO on a wide range of different jobs. And best of all, the BlackMax BM80919MO provides all of this at a great price.
There are a lot of reasons why the BlackMax BM80919MO is such an excellent pressure washer, and while I could go on and on about all of its outstanding features, I have managed to narrow the list down to its top five. In the areas that really count in terms of power and performance, the BlackMax BM80919MO really delivers, and consistently outperforms the competition. Let’s take a look at some of its best features.
- High quality engine : You want to be able to count on your pressure washer to deliver reliable power and performance over the long term – and a big part of that is the kind of engine it has under the hood. The BlackMax BM80919MO has one of the best engines you can find on a residential pressure washer: the Honda GCV160. This is a solid engine made by one of the top manufacturers in the world – so you know you can count on it.
- Solid power rating : On average residential pressure washers, the power rating rarely tops out at more than four thousand units – but on the BlackMax BM80919MO, it’s well over six thousand. That is not just due to the high max PSI the BlackMax BM80919MO has, but also the fact that its flow rate is well above average. With that kind of cleaning power rating, there is almost no limit to the kind of tough jobs the BlackMax BM80919MO can handle easily.
- Six nozzle options : Having a high cleaning power rating is great, but the real versatility of a residential pressure washer comes from how many different pressure options you have to choose from. On the BlackMax BM80919MO, there are plenty. With six nozzle options, you can always be sure that you are selecting exactly the right pressure for whatever job you need to take care of. And because they swap out in just seconds, they are easy to use as well.
- Lightweight and compact : There are plenty of powerful pressure washers out there, but all too many of them are big, bulky affairs that are not at all easy to use. A large pressure washer is going to be hard to find storage space for, and if it weighs a lot, it’s going to be difficult to maneuver around your driveway and house. The BlackMax BM80919MO is a very lightweight machine, and it is designed to be compact as well. Plus, the handle folds down for easier storage.
- Easy to use : Best of all, the BlackMax BM80919MO is a very simple machine to use. All you have to do is hook up the irrigation hose, select the pressure nozzle you want, and start it up. That’s it! There are no difficult or complicated controls to get used to. Changing pressures is a breeze, and thanks to the 25 foot hose you can move around freely with ease. It’s so easy to use that you will soon be eagerly looking for more jobs for it.
With all of these outstanding features, you can see why the BlackMax BM80919MO is one of the best residential pressure washers on the market today. It has everything you need to take care of big, tough jobs quickly. And it is also well equipped to handle more delicate jobs. This is an all-star pressure washer that you will get a lot of great work out of. You’ll be surprised by how versatile it really is.
Although the BlackMax BM80919MO really is one of the best residential pressure washers on the market in terms of all of the great Pros it has to offer, there are a few areas that could stand to see some improvement. While I do not think any of them are the kind of serious problems that could take away significantly from its outstanding performance, it is important to cover them in detail. So let’s take a look.
- PSI could be higher : While the overall cleaning power rating of the BlackMax BM80919MO is well above average, this is largely driven by the high flow rate the pressure washer has. Its PSI is just about average for a residential pressure washer. It would be nice if there were a few hundred more PSI, as that would make it more equipped to handling tough stains quickly. Still, with its high power rating, it should perform well in most situations.
- Can’t use indoors : This is a common problem to all gas powered residential pressure washers. Because they produce exhaust, it would be too dangerous to use them indoors. That means you can’t clean your bathroom tile or work room with the BlackMax BM80919MO. And if you use it in the garage or another enclosed space, you have to be sure that it is well ventilated as well. This isn’t a Con so much as a caution, however.
- Not CARB compliant : Again, because it has an overhead valve engine – a design that most gas powered residential pressure washers have – the exhaust that the BlackMax BM80919MO produces is high enough to make it noncompliant with California Air Resources Board emissions standards. Again, this is not really a true Con, since it does not affect the machine’s performance or cleaning ability. But it does mean that anyone living in States that enforce CARB regulations will not be able to buy the BlackMax BM80919MO, which is too bad.
- Cold water only : It can be rather difficult to find an affordable residential pressure washer that comes with a hot water option – but they are out there. Because of that, I am always a bit disappointed when a gas powered pressure washer does not have a hot water spray. It is a feature that can make the pressure washer a lot more versatile. Still, because it has such a high cleaning power rating, the BlackMax BM80919MO should be fine without it.
- Not very durable : While certain parts of the BlackMax BM80919MO are definitely built to last – the Honda engine, for example, or the steel-reinforced hose and brass fittings – other parts could be more durable. The frame and body of the pressure washer is made of fairly thin cast metal, which is not as impact resistant as stamped steel parts would be. However, if you do not intend to use the BlackMax BM80919MO every weekend, it should hold up just fine.
I think it is pretty clear that the few areas in which the BlackMax BM80919MO could stand to see a bit of improvement are not particularly serious. Overall, this remains one of the better residential pressure washers out there, especially in terms of sheer PSI and flow rate. There are a lot of different jobs you are going to be able to use it for around your home and garden. It’s a high performance machine that should serve you well for a long time.
While Pros and Cons lists like the ones above can tell you a great deal about the specific merits and drawbacks of a particular machine like the BlackMax BM80919MO, they do not allow you to directly compare that machine to those made by its competitors. And as any savvy shopper knows, comparison shopping is really the only way to figure out whether a machine is the best one for you. So let’s see how the BlackMax BM80919MO compares to two similar pressure washers.
|Dimensions||23 x 22 x 37.5||28 x 28 x 33||17.6 x 27.1 x 20.6|
|Engine||GCV160 161cc OHC||302cc OHV||212cc OHV|
|Pump||Axial cam||Easy-access axial cam||Easy-access axial cam|
|Spray Gun||Pro-style||Professional grade||Ergonomic|
|Nozzle||6 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)||5 (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap)||4 (0°, 25°, 40°, soap)|
|Hose||1/4-inch x 25-foot||3/8-inch x 35-foot||1/4-inch x 30-foot|
|Hose Material||Steel reinforced,|
|Wheels||12-inch never flat||10-inch never flat||10-inch solid|
|Weight||65 pounds||145 pounds||77 pounds|
|Warranty||1 year||3 years||2 years|
As you can see, the PSI on the BlackMax BM80919MO is in fact lower those on either the commercial or residential pressure washers, which affects its cleaning power rating as well. But the BlackMax BM80919MO is also the smallest and most lightweight of the three machines, and it is also the only one with a high quality engine made by Honda. The BlackMax BM80919MO is also the only pressure washer with six nozzle options, which should make it the most versatile of the three machines.
Depending on your needs, there are a lot of different pressure washers that could be right for you. While the BlackMax BM80919MO compares very well to other similar models made by the competition, it may or may not be perfect for your needs. So let’s take one more look at the Pros and Cons lists before we close.
- High quality engine.
- Solid power rating.
- Six nozzle options.
- Lightweight and compact.
- Easy to use.
The BlackMax BM80919MO has a Honda GCV160 series engine, which is the main reason it is able to have a solid power rating. It has plenty of pressure options for different kinds of jobs, and because it is so small and light, it is easy to use and find storage space for it. Overall it’s a great pressure washer.
- PSI could be higher.
- Can’t use indoors.
- Not CARB compliant.
- Cold water only.
- Not very durable.
While the BlackMax BM80919MO could use a higher PSI, overall it does not have the kind of issues that would take away from all of its great Pros in any way. Beyond the PSI, there are no real problems in its design or build, and it should provide you with solid performance for many years.
When you are dealing with a big cleanup job around the house, a solid residential pressure washer like the BlackMax BM80919MO can make it a lot easier. And because it has lots of different pressure nozzle options along with a solid cleaning power rating, you can use the BlackMax BM80919MO for smaller or more delicate cleanup jobs as well. That is the kind of real versatility that makes this such an extremely useful tool for all kinds of different situations.
The BlackMax BM80919MO is also lightweight, compact and very easy to operate. Chores that used to take you an hour or more to complete can now be finished in a matter of minutes. You will be pleasantly surprised by how quickly and efficiently the BlackMax BM80919MO can blast away years of dirt and grime from surfaces you never thought would be clean again. This is a great pressure washer that will deliver real cleaning power.
One of the best features the BlackMax BM80919MO has – and one I haven’t gotten to yet – is its great price. You can wind up spending a lot of money to get a good residential pressure washer. But there is no reason you should have to. The BlackMax BM80919MO provides all the cleaning power you need to take care of big jobs fast – and you can use it on smaller ones just as well. But it doesn’t have a big price tag. In this economy, the kind of savings that a pressure washer like the BlackMax BM80919MO can offer is good news.
Exclusive Offer BlackMax BM80919MO
We've secured an exclusive offer for our readers.Click the button below to see the details.
Offer expires in 23:59:59